Anyone else think Matt took a swipe at the staff?

Lars the Red

aka Thor, God of Thunder
Reaction score
It might be my imagination, but in his post game, he made comment about finding what we do well and staying with it. He also made reference to the way the Bears were stacking the line making running the ball difficult.

It may have been just speaking the facts, but it sounded to me like a guy unhappy with not being given the chance to win a game. He sounded like a guy who wanted the ball in his hands.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It might be my imagination, but in his post game, he made comment about finding what we do well and staying with it. He also made reference to the way the Bears were stacking the line making running the ball difficult.

It may have been just speaking the facts, but it sounded to me like a guy unhappy with not being given the chance to win a game. He sounded like a guy who wanted the ball in his hands.

He is just pointing out the obvious. My 2 year old could have called better plays down the stretch.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

Well then he should've audibled. I still don't think playcalling lost us this game

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Anyone else think Matt took a swipe at the staff?
Yes...and GOOD for Matt!!!

Don't "handcuff" this guy Denny!

Forget Edge...he ain't gonna do anything more than Arrington, Shipp or Jesus Christ could do behind this line. Trade him for 5 experienced "not-so-fat" offensive linemen NOW! Then put my grandma behind that line and watch how things actually work with a "decent" o-line. Hell...you could even do trick plays like reverses and sh#t.

C'mon Denny...pull a Herschal Walker type trade for linemen!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well then he should've audibled. I still don't think playcalling lost us this game

Well, he audibled a bunch of times in the second half but I was surprised it was almost always to a run play. I wonder if he was given the option of two rum plays or something. There were several times I was expecting him to go to a single covered Boldin only to see Edge get stuffed.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Perhaps Matt now has more say than Edge. Goodbye Rowan, Hello qb coach at OC!

Let's see some 40 point outputs now! :thumbup:

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lars, I heard it too and just posted what Matt said in another thread.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score

2 things that irritate the hell out of me....the prevent defense and the prevent offense. Dance with the date you brought to the prom. It just kills me when a team will go away from what brought them success to begin with. DO WHAT YOU'RE GOOD AT, MORONS!

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
2 things that irritate the hell out of me....the prevent defense and the prevent offense. Dance with the date you brought to the prom. It just kills me when a team will go away from what brought them success to begin with. DO WHAT YOU'RE GOOD AT, MORONS!

They sure as sh*t are good at losing. But I agree, we can win games throwing the ball all day long. Can't count on anything from the run at this point.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
As posted elsewhere -- I understand the desire to keep the clock moving --

but -- all second half the Cardinals had Boldin in single coverage with Nathan Vasher--

its a play where off play action, an eight yard throw turns into a touchdown if the single safety misses a tackle.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We'd be a lot better off not speculating about "how Matt 'might' feel and real or imagined "swipes at the staff" and focus on what's taking place on the field.

I'd prefer to accept Leinart's comments for what they are - his take on what was going on during the game Monday night. The way you get better is to get a 100% accurate handle on reality and then figure out what to do to improve things.

If Matt is correct about running plays being called despite the Bears throwing 8 or 9 guys into the box, I think it's appropriate to take a hard look at this and, if deemed appropriate, make the necessary adjustments in similar future situations.

The only thing that nags at me is: Shouldn't have Matt been given the option of checking out of those running plays to a pass play more likely to work? If he wasn't, how come?

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
He is just pointing out the obvious. My 2 year old could have called better plays down the stretch.

It was sure clear to me the Cards went into a don't lose mode in the latter part of the game. They should have continued what they were doing best and that was passing. It was clear we could not run with Edge as the Bears were prepared for just such a scenario. There were other problems such as Ross and the blind side hit and the return for the TD but the coaches also just quit trying to win in the second half and tried to run the game out. I am down but not out. We finally have a QB and Boldin is a man among boys. We should try running him on a play every once in a while. I would bet he would get you 3yds on the ground.