2-0 against the spread!

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What else can we cling to? We all kind of knew the year we were going to experience.
The problem is when a team is competitive losses hurt a little bit more because it’s filled with “if’s”.
If Dobbs hits Ertz on the first drive.. if Prater hits the fg, and so on.

I stated before the season I just want us to be competitive and we have been just that. I just hope these “ almost wins” will keep the team playing hard.

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can see the culture changes and the effort. We are missing a lot of talent, but we all knew that.

I believe we are building draft and cap capital for a big improvement next year. If I don’t see that, I will be hard pressed to continue emotional investment. But, as long as I see effort and culture improvements this year, I’m not looking at the record.

In short, hooray 2-0 v the spread.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I can see the culture changes and the effort. We are missing a lot of talent, but we all knew that.

I believe we are building draft and cap capital for a big improvement next year. If I don’t see that, I will be hard pressed to continue emotional investment. But, as long as I see effort and culture improvements this year, I’m not looking at the record.

In short, hooray 2-0 v the spread.
Quite the opposite, I saw the same old Cards again yesterday. That collapse showed the losing culture still has a long way to go.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Losing culture?
There are about five NFL caliber players on this team.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quite the opposite, I saw the same old Cards again yesterday. That collapse showed the losing culture still has a long way to go.
Same Ol' Cards go up 21 points against any team? I remember the Same Ol' Cards quite differently, and there were many blowouts in there.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you don't think blowing a ginormous lead for a historic loss is a Same Ol' Cards move, I got nothing for ya.
Nope, the Same Ol' Cards don't get ginormous leads in the first place.

Stout

Reaction score
Same Ol' cards means suckage. Losing a ginormous lead is suckage. End of. You're trying to, what, argue that this isn't negative for trying to improve the culture? It can only be viewed negatively. There is no upshot, or mitigating how awful it was.

Reactions: PJ1

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same Ol' cards means suckage. Losing a ginormous lead is suckage. End of. You're trying to, what, argue that this isn't negative for trying to improve the culture? It can only be viewed negatively. There is no upshot, or mitigating how awful it was.
That phrase clearly means different things to different people. I'll just leave it at that.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok. i Didn’t see people giving up on plays, I saw a team figure out what little we could do and adjust to stop it. We aren’t deep or talented.
I saw receivers running wide open. Poor tackling. A late hit on Stills that was huge. No contain on Jones at all. False starts pushing us back at the worse time.

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I saw receivers running wide open. Poor tackling. A late hit on Stills that was huge. No contain on Jones at all. False starts pushing us back at the worse time.
The false starts at the end were awful. The rest isn’t exclusive to what I said. We are not talented. I dont expect us to win many games. if we don’t lose the locker room and don’t screw up next off season I’m still here.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

They blew a 20-point halftime lead in this extremely memorable game. It was widely viewed as an epic collapse. Similar circumstances. Much different reactions around here.

Turns out Denny just needed to say they were tanking, and everyone would have been cool with it.

Jakester

Rookie
Reaction score
In Steve Wilks first two games in 2018 the Cardinals with a superior roster lost by a combined score of 58-6. In the Cardinals first two games this year with a far inferior roster have lost combined 51-44. Gannon and his staff may end up not working out but the first two games are encouraging compared to certain past coaches and it will be cool to see him next year with way better pieces to work with.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how can any Cardinals fan type this with a straight face, ignoring the ULTIMATE SAME OLD CARDS Monday Night Football Meltdown when they literally blew a 20-0 halftime lead to the Bears when the Bears were like 6-0 and we were a laughable 1-5?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The collapse is an indication of system that is lacking talent, not robust and or sound in football. These types of embarrassing losses define you as coach. If Cards collapse like this one or two times, you can kiss goodbye to this staff by mid next year

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

They blew a 20-point halftime lead in this extremely memorable game. It was widely viewed as an epic collapse. Similar circumstances. Much different reactions around here.

Turns out Denny just needed to say they were tanking, and everyone would have been cool with it.
It WAS an epic collapse, that isn't up for debate.
how can any Cardinals fan type this with a straight face, ignoring the ULTIMATE SAME OLD CARDS Monday Night Football Meltdown when they literally blew a 20-0 halftime lead to the Bears when the Bears were like 6-0 and we were a laughable 1-5?
Because again, my definition of Same Ol Cards aren't the ones isn't the one that snatches defeat from the jaws of victory.

My version is more like the 2003 Cards that lost two games that year by 38 points (38-0 and 6-44) and another by 36 points (14-50) and weren't even close to being competitive in the game at all. Give me this type of game/team vs that 2003 team for example any day.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
In Steve Wilks first two games in 2018 the Cardinals with a superior roster lost by a combined score of 58-6. In the Cardinals first two games this year with a far inferior roster have lost combined 51-44. Gannon and his staff may end up not working out but the first two games are encouraging compared to certain past coaches and it will be cool to see him next year with way better pieces to work with.
Not being quite as bad as the worst team to-date is a pretty low expectation level.

Shouldn’t we expect more?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It WAS an epic collapse, that isn't up for debate.

Because again, my definition of Same Ol Cards aren't the ones isn't the one that snatches defeat from the jaws of victory.

My version is more like the 2003 Cards that lost two games that year by 38 points (38-0 and 6-44) and another by 36 points (14-50) and weren't even close to being competitive in the game at all. Give me this type of game/team vs that 2003 team for example any day.
It’s 2 games into the season. Against mediocre opponents at best. We may get those pastings yet to come.

Either way, both type of losses are embarassing and reinforce the image of being football laughingstocks.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s 2 games into the season. Against mediocre opponents at best. We may get those pastings yet to come.

Either way, both type of losses are embarassing and reinforce the image of being football laughingstocks.
I think this loss was much more embarrassing than Week 1.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I think this loss was much more embarrassing than Week 1.
Bickering about which losses are more embarrassing is peak #birdcity

Stout

Reaction score
Ok. i Didn’t see people giving up on plays, I saw a team figure out what little we could do and adjust to stop it. We aren’t deep or talented.
Agreed. The effort was fine but the team still stepped on their collective wangs. I mostly blame the coaching not adjusting.