Amare - what happened??

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I'm curious... how did Amare become the odd man out and Bron, D-Wade and Bosh ended up together?? Did Amare choose to back out and take his $100 Million, or do the other three make that decision for him???

:shrug:

hafey

Registered
Reaction score
He never ran with those guys. Make no mistake the seeds of this off-season were sown at the Olympics, and Amare wasn't there.

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm curious... how did Amare become the odd man out and Bron, D-Wade and Bosh ended up together?? Did Amare choose to back out and take his $100 Million, or do the other three make that decision for him???

:shrug:

He was never the even man in, the "ring of fellowship" was LBJ, Wade, Bosh, JJ..

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Bosh, Wade and LBJ were all drafted in the same year, on the same Olympic team and signed 3 year deals 3 years ago for this to possibly go down. All of the pieces fell into place.

In STAT's case: I think it was all about the $$$ for him. He got his max deal and is in the biggest market in the nation. His priorities have been fulfilled.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
In STAT's case: I think it was all about the $$$ for him. He got his max deal and is in the biggest market in the nation. His priorities have been fulfilled.

Yeah I think he just signed the first max contract that was offered. No other teams seemed all that eager to pay him that much until James and Wade made their decisions.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Amare had a choice. He could have chosen to stay with Phoenix for virtually the same money he got in NY, provided he could stay healthy. Or he could have traded that risk of injury for the risk of being the only star on a lottery team in the middle of rebuilding, which may be the case in NY at least at first. He chose the latter, even though the criticism he received in Phoenix will be nothing compared to what he'll get in NY if things don't turn around fast enough.

There were no guarantees that any other top free agent would join him in NY, but he signed anyway because no one else was offering that kind of guaranteed money.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Amare had a choice. He could have chosen to stay with Phoenix for virtually the same money he got in NY, provided he could stay healthy. Or he could have traded that risk of injury for the risk of being the only star on a lottery team in the middle of rebuilding, which may be the case in NY at least at first. He chose the latter, even though the criticism he received in Phoenix will be nothing compared to what he'll get in NY if things don't turn around fast enough.

There were no guarantees that any other top free agent would join him in NY, but he signed anyway because no one else was offering that kind of guaranteed money.

Believe me... it won't matter about anything else if all he does is put up 20 ppg and 9 boards. For $100 million? New Yorkers will crucify him...

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny how this may turn out for him. barring injury and lottery team or not. With Lebron, Wade and Bosh sharing the ball, i wont be surprised if Amare is in the running for scoring title next season.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Funny how this may turn out for him. barring injury and lottery team or not. With Lebron, Wade and Bosh sharing the ball, i wont be surprised if Amare is in the running for scoring title next season.

Whoa! That's a STREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETCH....

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
If?

Well, you are taking Amare with Nash and assuming that Amare with, uh, Amare can do more than what he did for half a season over the course of an entire season when he has never shown to be an effort guy over the long run in ANY season that he has played.

It's like that scene in Apocolypto when that evil warrior names Jaguar Paw "Almost". That's what Amare is - "Almost"....

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Stretch? If Amare had played all season like he played in the 2nd half of last season, he would have being what, top 5 or 4?

Are you predicting he'll win it, or that he'll be in the top 5? Those are much different. This season's scoring champ didn't change teams, and he's still getting better.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you predicting he'll win it, or that he'll be in the top 5? Those are much different. This season's scoring champ didn't change teams, and he's still getting better.

I said be in the running. which could very well mean the top 3, depending on how many pts separates them. last season was james,Durant and Anthony.

Nothing is a foregone conclusion. Not even the Heat winning the title next season; They are one injury away to been back to a normal team.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I'm not even upset. The probability of the Suns winning even with Amare is close to nil because of a team like the Heat. Good thing we let him go, at least we have cap space in the event these 3 can't play together we can always go and pluck one of them away now !

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
I'm not even upset. The probability of the Suns winning even with Amare is close to nil because of a team like the Heat. Good thing we let him go, at least we have cap space in the event these 3 can't play together we can always go and pluck one of them away now !

What's the over-under on Bosh banging James' mom?

When that happens, who gets shipped - Bosh or James?

:D

cly2tw

Reaction score
NY still have a lot of cap spaces and very good young talent with Amare/Gallo/Randolf/Chandler. All they need is a Paul or Parker type PG to be among the elites in the East within 2 years.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard