A Wednesday

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

A Wednesday! is a 2008 Indian thriller film written and directed by Neeraj Pandey.[2] It stars Naseeruddin Shah and Anupam Kher. Set between 2 pm and 6 pm on a Wednesday,[3] the film depicts an about-to-retire police commissioner (Anupam Kher) narrating a sequence of events that unfolded on a particular Wednesday. There does not exist any written record. The awareness of the incident exists only in his mind and in those of several individuals who were involved, willingly and unwillingly, and how those events affected the lives of all the concerned people. It was the inspiration for Tamil movie Unnaipol Oruvan , Telugu movie Eeenadu (with Kamal Hassan in the role played by Naseeruddin Shah in the original and Mohanlal and Daggubati Venkatesh playing the role acted by Anupam Kher in the original in Tamil and Telugu respectively), and also the Hollywood movie A Common Man[4] (directed by Chandran Rutnam with actor Ben Kingsley portraying the role played by Nasseruddin Shah and Ben Cross portraying the role played by Anupam Kher). Although film has a quite resembles with 1950's drama thriller Seven Days to Noon.[5]

The film, made at a small budget, was a sleeper hit at the box office grossing over Rs. 340 million worldwide. Despite its low promotion, it was a box office success due to critical acclaim and positive word-of-mouth. Box Office India declared it a hit. Critics praised the movie for its effective storyline and its twist ending. Subsequently, it won a number of awards including the Indira Gandhi Award for Best Debut Film of a Director at the 56th National Film Awards.

Really suspenseful. I like how the beginning of the film has little dialogue and then it picks up speed as the movie goes on, filling in the story.

Felt a lot like an American film.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1280558/

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The film notwithstanding, there is such an attachment to Wednesday in the hearts and minds of Cardinal fans that having now been made aware of it, it's allure will become irresistible.

OP
OP
Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
The film notwithstanding, there is such an attachment to Wednesday in the hearts and minds of Cardinal fans that having now been made aware of it, it's allure will become irresistible.
I'm racking my brain, but i can't think of what you're referencing. The pain from another Sunday loss beginning to fade and the hope for next Sunday beginning to build?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson