The Fall Guy

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This is exactly why it's done.
The IP is actually causing a problem because the older people are slamming this movie.

It looks like you aren’t going to understand my point so I’ll just leave it at that. No big deal, I just think using that IP is backfiring on the movie.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The IP is actually causing a problem because the older people are slamming this movie.

It looks like you aren’t going to understand my point so I’ll just leave it at that. No big deal, I just think using that IP is backfiring on the movie.

Except do we really know old people are slamming this to a large degree? one old person here is slamming the movie. Proof will be in the pudding when it comes out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jesus, you do know the internet is bigger than ASFN don’t you?
Forget it. You’re spoiling for a fight and I don’t have the time nor desire to do so over The Fall Guy of all things.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
For me it's a respect thing... Star Trek...Batman... they were remakes of TV series from decades prior. But when they were made the film makers treated them with respect and didn't go out of their way to make a joke out of them.
It seems fairly common in Hollywood to be as disrespectful as you can to anything produced by the previous generations.
Blatantly obvious to anyone who read The Wheel of Time then had the misfortune of watching that garbage amazon produced.

I guess if you can't make it better the next best option is to tear it down to your level.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
For me it's a respect thing... Star Trek...Batman... they were remakes of TV series from decades prior. But when they were made the film makers treated them with respect and didn't go out of their way to make a joke out of them.
It seems fairly common in Hollywood to be as disrespectful as you can to anything produced by the previous generations.
Blatantly obvious to anyone who read The Wheel of Time then had the misfortune of watching that garbage amazon produced.

I guess if you can't make it better the next best option is to tear it down to your level.
I don’t know how you can use Batman as an example when you say Batman was respectful when it entirely changed the tenor of the earlier tv show. Granted it was actually relying on the comic book and graphic novel versions.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson