Suns @ Rockets Wednesday game thread 12-27-2023

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Wednesday, the Suns play at the Rockets in Houston.

Afterward, they return home for six games as follows: Hornets (Friday), Magic (Sunday), Trail Blazers (Monday), Clippers (Wednesday), Heat (Friday) and the Grizzlies on Sunday.

The Rockets are 15-12. They play the Pacers at home on Tuesday.

Suns are 14-15 on the season after a Christmas night drubbing by Dallas. They have lost their last three games.

When: Wednesday, 12-27-2023

Television: Suns Live, Arizona's Family 3TV / Arizona's Family Sports

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 6:00 PM Arizona time

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whatever mehhh be nice if suns could beat 1 avg team lol stop blowing leads

Not to confindent anymore but always a fan goo suns

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m relegated to just looking at the box score the next day. Quit viewing live or recorded. Recently I gave up on the write-ups as they are the same game in game out as the only change is the name of the player going off on us on a given night.

My daughter gave me presents for Xmas which was Suns garb. I guess I’ll wear the stuff given nobody in Oklahoma would notice:)

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I’m relegated to just looking at the box score the next day. Quit viewing live or recorded. Recently I gave up on the write-ups as they are the same game in game out as the only change is the name of the player going off on us on a given night.
This.

I haven't been this deflated about the overall product for years.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
I'd like to share your optimism.

My wife told me she didn't like the Suns new coach when she first saw him on television.
Everybody thought the Phoenix Suns are the only team in the NBA without a G league team the fact is they do we just see and talk about them 82 times as they attempt to play the other real 29 teams in the NBA.

Maybe they can soon turn it around or maybe Vogel is shown the exit door.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everybody thought the Phoenix Suns are the only team in the NBA without a G league team the fact is they do we just see and talk about them 82 times as they attempt to play the other real 29 teams in the NBA.

Maybe they can soon turn it around or maybe Vogel is shown the exit door.

How is this not a huge part of coaching.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How is this not a huge part of coaching.

I feel awful for book he deserves better than this product cast kd isnt the same all gordon can do is hit 1 out of 5 3s lol and nothin else

There has to be some bulldog type def player suns can try to target

Xmas was fun but suns just bringing my mood down knowing should be top 5 team in lg

Still time to change season course goooo book i trust u only good suns ...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
For all the flack he takes, it will be interesting to see the team again with Nurk -- Eubanks was clearly not a good fill-in starter. I think having Nurk back will help, but it might come at the expense of Azibuke, which is a shame.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
For all the flack he takes, it will be interesting to see the team again with Nurk -- Eubanks was clearly not a good fill-in starter. I think having Nurk back will help, but it might come at the expense of Azibuke, which is a shame.
Azubuike has certainly looked like he should be getting more minutes. Him being buried on the bench, along with Metu and Bates Diop at various other times this season, has been plenty of additional reason to wonder what the heck Vogel is thinking.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think Nurk, defensively, is bad, but it is not for lack of effort, it is because he is glued to the floor. Same reason he sucks around the rim on offense... his screens also are not great because he looks to pop or roll way too soon.

I will grant him this, so far he has consistently tried and he has been physical, he has been strong on the glass, he seems to be trying to play the best he can within his own talents.

As much as I rag on him, he has been one of our better players so far.

Still think his defensive short comings are killing us, especially late... but that is not his own fault... it is the Suns fault for not finding any bigs who can come onto the court and not suck on defense.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think Nurk, defensively, is bad, but it is not for lack of effort, it is because he is glued to the floor. Same reason he sucks around the rim on offense... his screens also are not great because he looks to pop or roll way too soon.

I will grant him this, so far he has consistently tried and he has been physical, he has been strong on the glass, he seems to be trying to play the best he can within his own talents.

Still think his defensive short comings are killing us, especially late... but that is not his own fault... it is the Suns fault for not finding any bigs who can come onto the court and not suck on defense.
Still think that we should be a lot better in spite of why you say above. As in, Nurk isn’t even one of the top 5 issues we have to address first.

Dr dumas

Veteran
Reaction score

Sure would help if anyone could stay in front of their man.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Azubuike has certainly looked like he should be getting more minutes. Him being buried on the bench, along with Metu and Bates Diop at various other times this season, has been plenty of additional reason to wonder what the heck Vogel is thinking.
I won't say he should be the starter or anything, but his one showing this year, you would have thought it would have earned him more minutes? He gave us an effective double double when he played.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feel awful for book he deserves better than this product cast kd isnt the same all gordon can do is hit 1 out of 5 3s lol and nothin else

There has to be some bulldog type def player suns can try to target

Xmas was fun but suns just bringing my mood down knowing should be top 5 team in lg

Still time to change season course goooo book i trust u only good suns ...

Hell no I don’t feel sorry for him. This is the team he wanted. People really need to stop treating Booker with kid gloves.

Booker is supposed to be the leader of this team so lead the freaking team. I said before the year this was gonna be his make it break year. We were gonna find out if he’s that dude and right now he’s caving. Season ain’t over not by a long shot but he’s gotta put his foot down and get this team in shape. That’s what leaders do.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Vogel and Young both need to be fired IMO and you make Fizz the interm

You need to shake this up and we aren’t in position to do anything with players.