Tron: Ares (aka Tron 3)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

‘Dahmer’ Star Evan Peters Joins Jared Leto in Disney’s ‘Tron 3’

Welcome to the Grid, Evan Peters.

The actor, who generated acclaim for his portrayal of the title character in Dahmer – Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story, has closed a deal to star opposite Jared Leto in Tron: Ares, the third installment of Disney’s technology-pushing movie series.

Joachim Ronning is directing the feature that is due to begin shooting August in Vancouver. Getting filming off the ground would be a coup for the studio, which has been trying to make a Tron 3 for over a decade and turn Tron into a bona fide brand and franchise.

Disney released the original Tron in 1982, with Jeff Bridges starring as video game designer Kevin Flynn, who is transported inside his own creation and teams up with Tron, a security program played by Bruce Boxleitner. The film was not considered a box office success but did earn two Oscar nominations. Ironically, neither was for visual effects, which is one of the aspects the movie became known for as it went on to become a cult hit.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is going to be so bad, and I hate it.

Then again, it fits with the Disney modus operandi of destroying cherished IP’s.

The sequel should be a direct follow up to Legacy with Sam Flynn, Quorra, and Alan Bradley You don’t need creepy Jared Leto in it, you already had an AWESOME villain already introduced in Edward Dillinger!

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I've always been a huge Tron fan. What computer nerd that grew up in the 80s isn't? But this is sounding like it'll be a train wreck already for me. I've never like Leto. He's one of those actors that I wish would go away. He hangs around my usual genres and I can't name one thing that he had a major role in that I liked. Blade Runner 2049 is probably the closest but that movie had other issues. Keep it simple and expand off of Sam and the events of Legacy.

Plus how are we going to do this without Daft Punk?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Tron 3? Really?
They have a new theme park ride to sell and cross-brand.

Best thing about this movie (and the last TBH) will hopefully be a new Daft Punk album.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doubtful, since they broke up.
That is one of the all-time best soundtracks. I listen to it all the time.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
How in tha eff did I miss that? OMG that will suck.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have a new theme park ride to sell and cross-brand.

Best thing about this movie (and the last TBH) will hopefully be a new Daft Punk album.
I liked the 2nd movie like I liked the first one. Intersting, cool but didn't expect a bunch of plot. The sound track is one of my favorites. When I heard they broke up I have been wondering since who would do Tron 3. This movie was been rumored for a long time. I am looking forward to it but wonder if this is going to be something entirely new or pick up where the last one left off because there was an unfinished storyline there.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Jared Leto being the lead in this is so disappointing. I love Tron but can't stand that guy. I keep hoping that something with cause casting change.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard