Reaction score
OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I just don't see Deng being that dynamic piece they want. That team needed one of two things (well, really two of two things, IMO...but they're only going to get one. A creator like Lowry to take the burden off Bron or a rim protector/big man like a Gortat.

i don't know...maybe they're able to go out and get a Darren Collison/Pau combo that would round out their starting lineup pretty damn good, but I don't think you could even squeeze both of those guys in a 12 million total.

They need a reliable secondary scorer/elite defender too. That's what Deng is.

And I can see Pau taking $8M and Collison taking $4M or so. Pau probably wants to play for a contender after the past 4 years.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And I can see Pau taking $8M and Collison taking $4M or so. Pau probably wants to play for a contender after the past 4 years.

I don't think a) they can afford Deng plus another guy and b) that Deng alone gets them back in the saddle. But I think Collsion/Pau would be pretty good gets for the Heat. Bron probably only signs a two year deal and bolts after Pau and Wade completely break down.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't think a) they can afford Deng plus another guy and b) that Deng alone gets them back in the saddle. But I think Collsion/Pau would be pretty good gets for the Heat. Bron probably only signs a two year deal and bolts after Pau and Wade completely break down.

Yea LeBron only wants a 1-2 year deal no matter who they sign apparently.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So wait this pretty conflicting....

Suns will be patient with LeBron James, Robert Sarver says

"I think this is going to be on his timeline more than any one else's," he said. "We've had conversations with his agent and we'll work within their time frame."

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor.../?hootPostID=bc900affcbd3cde668ad8705881b136b

Gambadoro: Suns will move on quickly if they don't hear from LeBron James

Time is a luxury that the Phoenix Suns do not have, especially when it comes to dealing with LeBron James says John Gambadoro.

"They'll wait 24 to 48 hours, and if they don't hear back they'll move on," Gambadoro told the Burns and Gambo show Monday afternoon on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "They're not going to wait five days to maybe end up with nothing because other free agents are going to end up elsewhere."

http://arizonasports.com/41/1746494/Gambo-Suns-time-with-LeBron-will-be-limited

???? Who do you believe? Isn't Gambo supposed to be the one that has all the inside sources with the Suns? Is Sarver just saying this as a smokescreen or something? It is liar's month...

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It says if they don't hear back. There is nothing conflicting. They did get a meeting with his agent. I call that hearing back. If that doesn't work for you, I think I'd trust the owner saying they will be patient to some reporter saying they won't.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So wait this pretty conflicting....

???? Who do you believe? Isn't Gambo supposed to be the one that has all the inside sources with the Suns? Is Sarver just saying this as a smokescreen or something? It is liar's month...

Gambo's post was the Suns original plan. Once the Suns talked with LeBron's agent they changed their plan, likely because something was said that would make it worth waiting.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Gambo's post was the Suns original plan. Once the Suns talked with LeBron's agent they changed their plan, likely because something was said that would make it worth waiting.

Ding Ding Ding.

Kind of exciting. Im guessing the conversation was along the lines of "hey if Riley strikes out with FA's this is a legitmate option for us."

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ding Ding Ding.

Kind of exciting. Im guessing the conversation was along the lines of "hey if Riley strikes out with FA's this is a legitmate option for us."

I hope so...but I'm starting to have Peyton Manning flashbacks. As long as the Suns to Kolb this up and panic and sign Heyward, I like our chances. It's worth the wait to go for it all, rather then make a move like Hayward who won't really move the needle and hamper our cap moving forward.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Where would Deng be in their lineup? Unless Bosh is willing to play center and/or Wade can play point guard, Deng seems redundant.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I hope so...but I'm starting to have Peyton Manning flashbacks. As long as the Suns to Kolb this up and panic and sign Heyward, I like our chances. It's worth the wait to go for it all, rather then make a move like Hayward who won't really move the needle and hamper our cap moving forward.

My guess is the plan is to swing for the fences here and if we have to wait and miss out, go into next season with a similar team but with more assets and go for it all again next year when its likely Lebron, Kevin Love, and others to be on the market again. I think this Suns front office is smart enough to only spend on the true difference makers. My guess is Lebron ends up back on the Heat because of no other viable options and signs a 1 maybe 2 year deal.

Personally I let PJ and Channing go. Those guys are replacable by 1-2 year deal guys IMO and maintain precious cap flexibility. This is a star lead and eventually we will hit.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Who to believe Sarver or Gambo? Was that a real question?

It's not even like Gambo has the inside track anymore since McDonough is there.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Where would Deng be in their lineup? Unless Bosh is willing to play center and/or Wade can play point guard, Deng seems redundant.

I could be wrong but I think Bosh started at C for them for much of the season.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Who to believe Sarver or Gambo? Was that a real question?

It's not even like Gambo has the inside track anymore since McDonough is there.

I think the point being made isn't which one to believe, but rather that, if any of them are to be believed, Gambo states what the starting point/position might have been, and Sarver's words show a change, and we must ask ourselves, if Gambo's starting point is true, and Sarver's comments are also true, something changed, and it changed sometime during our initial contact with his agent.

We were planning to move on quickly, but something during the initial contact with Lebron's agent gave us hope enough for Sarver to change that initial plan.

Of course it's a lot of inferring, and you have to trust both sides had correct positions at one time, just that we're grasping at straws to try to figure something out, and this chain of events could have revealed something positive, IF all the inferring is correct, and IF Gambo made that point, after the fact, to showcase the difference as the real news.

Of course this would be giving credit to Gambo he probably doesn't deserve.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are some players the Suns have been in contact per Paul Coro in an article at azcentral dated 7-2-14.

The Suns also have made contact with or been contacted by at least 12 other free agents. That includes unrestricted free agents Pau Gasol, Trevor Ariza, Luol Deng, Spencer Hawes, Danny Granger, Ed Davis, Marvin Williams and Josh McRoberts and restricted free agents Gordon Hayward, Chandler Parsons, Isaiah Thomas and Patrick Patterson. That does not necessarily mean the Suns are interested in all of them.

I wouldn't mind if the Suns considered Patrick Patterson of Toronto who is a restricted FA.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
With even Avery Bradley getting 8M$ per it sure looks like the Heat even if they have as much as 10M$ caproom are not going to get an impact player unless someone gives them a huge gift.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I like what the Phoenix Suns are doing. Let's face it, after Lebron James and maybe Chris Bosh who would you really want the Suns to spend a bunch of money on this summer? I'll be relieved if some of these guys, especially at small forward, get signed while we are waiting on James. The only guy I worry about missing on is Channing Frye. I know I'm in the minority there, but, well, the rest of you are wrong. :)

Joe

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah it seems the Heat might be screwed because teams have enough cap space to outspend the Heat's paltry FA budget amount.

We've heard 8-12 million is what they're willing to spend, and many of these guys they want will go for that full amount or higher.

Now that I've been thinking about I don't know if someone like Gasol would even work, because while Gasol is pretty good, he's also slowing down himself. Would Lebron trust that adding Gasol, a guy who is slowing down, add enough to a team he fears is slowing down which brought on this whole situation?

We heard they may want Gortat...gone. Lowry has three teams supposedly bidding on him, and probably each can go higher then the Heat's budget so unless he leaves alot on the table, those other teams are going to outbid the Heat easily.

While there is more out there, whoever is left over, still will have teams with plenty of space to outbid the Heat.

There's lots of talent, but even more cap space. The Heat really need a budget 2-3x what they are planning to spend.

Since the heat need a point guard, every point guard off the list hurts the Heat and riley's chances, and with Avery Bradley just re-signing with the Celtics for 4/32 and he even said he wanted to be in Boston, so either they never tried, or were denied.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story...rees-four-year-32-million-deal-boston-celtics

While we risk players leaving, and missing out for Lebron, at least when it comes to our own guys, since they know we're going after Lebron, I have a feeling they will wait and see given a chance it's possible they can play with Lebron. At least a bit.

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forget Lebron and the soccer player, call Chicago and tell them if they need help to clear room for Melo we'll take on Boozer if they add in Doug McDermott and maybe Anthony Randolph. Or make it a three team deal and get Amir Johnson and a pick coming our way and Randolph and Ennis going to Canada.

I just think our chances of improving long term are best served by being a facilitator this offseason. I know several of us have made this point already so I'm not covering new ground but the Chicago possibilities are intriguing.

Steve

DO IT DOUG!!

You must be registered for see images

I am afraid that Jerry is not willing to amnesty Boozer.

A more realistic deal would be Boozer, Mike Dunleavy(expiring contract) and Jimmy Butler along with a draft pick. That is what I heard at least.

Last edited:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
A more realistic deal would be Boozer, Mike Dunleavy(expiring contract) and Jimmy Butler along with a draft pick. That is what I heard at least.

That's a Bulls homer fan deal. No way anybody takes on Boozer's contract unless the Bulls throw in bounty of picks and young players.