2014 Suns Free Agency

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by sunsfan88, Jun 28, 2014.

1. sunsfan88

sunsfan88 Banned

I'd really like us to go after established forwards like Trevor Ariza and Luol Deng at the right price. Warren could really learn quite a bit from either of those guys.

Chandler Parsons would be really nice here as well but I can't see Houston letting him walk unless they get 'Melo or LeBron.

At PF, Jordan Hill and Ed Davis are both intriguing to me. Jordan Hill more so because I think he will be cheaper and has a bit more range and better defense.

I'm not at all interested in signing another guard since we have so many already. However, if we do trade Gerald Green or something, Jodie Meeks is a guy to keep an eye on as a SG/SF hybrid. Perfect fit for Hornacek.

No Cs please unless its a clear upgrade and we have a deal in place to send Plumlee or Len off somewhere else. Last thing we need is a log jam at C also.

2. sunsfan88

sunsfan88 Banned

So far this is all that I have seen in regards to the Suns interest in other teams FAs

3. sunsfan88

sunsfan88 Banned

4. slinslin

slinslin Welcome to Amareca

Dragic/Green/Goodwin
    Bledsoe/Ennis/Goodwin

Seems like a pretty traditional backcourt rotation to me.

I don't think any other NBA team has such a talented backcourt rotation.

SF : [Tucker], Morris, Warren

There seems to be high end talent missing in this rotation but depth is very good.

PF : (Frye), Morris,

High end talent missing but depth is questionable.

C : Len, Plumlee,(Frye)

High end talent is not developed at least, depth is solid

Needs going into free agency in my mind would have to be high end talent at the PF position as well as depth, possible upgrade at SF. If Frye leaves we also need additional depth at the 5.

Need 1 - High End Talent at the Power Forward Position
    1. Lebron James
    2. Carmelo Anthony
    3. Chris Bosh
    4. Pau Gasol
    5. Greg Monroe

Need 2 - Depth at the PF/C position
    1. Channing Frye
    2. Josh McRoberts
    3. Spencer Hawes
    4. Jordan Hill
    5. Ed Davis

Need 3 - Small Forward Position
    1. Lebron James
    2. Carmelo Anthony
    3. PJ Tucker
    4. Trevor Ariza
    5. Gordon Hayward
    6. Luol Deng

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  5. SunsTzu

SunsTzu Registered User

6. TJ

TJ Suge White

7. overseascardfan

overseascardfan Registered User

Does anyone think Spencer Hawes can play PF in our system. I know he is listed as a C at 7'1 245, but he shot 40% from 3P range last year. With Plumlee starting at C and Len backing him up Hawes could focus solely on playing the PF position where he will have a size advantage every game. He is also a pretty good passer averaging around 3 APG last year.

I am just thinking Gasol & Love are pipe dreams & even Greg Monroe is a long shot at this point. Hawes would make an intriguing possibility at the PF spot.

8. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

9. Phrazbit

Phrazbit Registered

Well... as opposed as I am to signing Carmelo, I'd take him if LeBron was in the package.

But unfortunately I think LeBron and his Heat pals already figured out what they plan to do.

10. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

I agree. And if they had actually decided to call it quits, I'd still consider our chances of landing them remote, at best.

Steve

11. SunsTzu

SunsTzu Registered User

Has 2 guys who shot over 40% from 3 last year and 2 more that shot over 35%. I don't think spacing would be a problem, though I would prefer Bosh to Anthony. But whatever it takes to get LeBron would be worth it.

12. KloD

KloD Registered

Well at least they are shooting for the moon. Since the chances of even getting a meeting are slim to none since it appears they have a plan in Miami, I'm happy just knowing McD and staff are doing what they can to build a contender. We may not get a top guy this year, likely won't, but I have no doubt he'll keep trying until he does.

EDIT: Could you imagine how unbearable this board would become if James were to actually come to the Suns? All those young bandwagon fans... it would be like a thousand Andrews. I shiver at the thought.... but, to get a player like Lebron I'd be happy to stay away. Not that I post much here anymore, haven't much in many years, but man we'd have Lebron and no KloD, it's a double win scenario! Ok, back to reality... we don't get Lebron and you're stuck with me. Sorry if I got anyones hopes up. :)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  13. devilalum

devilalum Heavily Redacted

Absolutely. This might have been a long shot before the "Power Lunch" but no way Bosh and Wade walk away from all that money without a plan and a promise from Lebron.

If this is really the Suns big plan its almost identical to the Dbags big plan of signing Tanaka.

14. elindholm

elindholm edited for content

Maybe. But they could just be keeping their options open. If James leaves Miami, Bosh will probably want to leave too. As for Wade, he might be overestimating how strong the market would be for him, or he might be counting on a loyalty contract with the Heat if he's the last one sticking around.

15. elindholm

elindholm edited for content

Bosh can get paid anywhere, but I agree that Wade's opt-out is suspicious.