2012 Arizona Diamondbacks season thread - May Edition

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad Upton got his dinger for the game winner. He's still hitting .221 with 3 homers and 10 rbi's after 39 games... not exactlly electrifying.....

OP
OP
AZ Native

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Nice at bat by Upton, took what they gave him, went with the pitch and planted it in the seats for the game winning run. Great to see.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Wasn't pretty but it's a W and a save for JJ. Upton with the game winning HR. Need to keep pushing that Upton is overrated thread!! :D

No kidding. I bumped it at the beginning of the season only to watch it fizzle shortly thereafter.

Let this be a lesson - if I bump a thread, the intentions are well and good. Keep it up :D

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
From Rotoworld:

J.J. Putz survived a rocky ninth inning on Thursday, giving up three singles to the first three hitters faced before closing out the game on a strikeout and a double play.
Putz picked up his seventh save in the process. He continues to close despite owning a 7.50 ERA and 1.58 WHIP. Opponents are batting .352 against him.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone think he's pitching through a secret injury? Back?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
CY back in the line-up.... yea, sure... as if HE'S actually going to help this team... ;) (That's for you TJ) :D

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Matt Williams is the worst third base coach.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
What a pathetic performance tonight... Corbin looked decent. Not great, but good enough. Yet, ZERO offense, AGAIN! :bang:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Things are always bad when fans are complaining about the 3rd base coach. It's a Cubs fans kind of complaint.

Nah - I've been bitching about him for years - gets more runners thrown out at the plate on plays that aren't even close then I have ever seen.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah - I've been bitching about him for years - gets more runners thrown out at the plate on plays that aren't even close then I have ever seen.

Maybe they need to learn how to scowl more so catchers drop more balls when they're coming down the line.

You must be registered for see images

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Maybe they need to learn how to scowl more so catchers drop more balls when they're coming down the line.

You must be registered for see images
Yes, that's how he glared at me at Muni when he was sent down by San Fran to the Phoenix Giants . . . and I shouted at him, "Williams, you suck." while he was in the on deck circle after striking out his first two times up.

Thanks for the memory.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
In Josh Bell's first game at 3B, the lineup said J. Bell. I thought, "I know Jay Bell is still in pretty good shape, but reactivated?" :)

Josh Bell just hit his first HR as a D'back, a 2-run shot batting lefty vs. the Dodgers to give us an early lead.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In Josh Bell's first game at 3B, the lineup said J. Bell. I thought, "I know Jay Bell is still in pretty good shape, but reactivated?" :)

Josh Bell just hit his first HR as a D'back, a 2-run shot batting lefty vs. the Dodgers to give us an early lead.

Hit it off the team that gave up on him.

OP
OP
AZ Native

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Should have never came down to that. Cahill gives up 1 run in 6 innings and the bullpen gives up 5 the next inning.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And Kubel hits into the double play to end it, with a runner on thrid and first.... Wow.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn