THings that will make the Cards offseason better.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Signing Holliday, for the Dline and Emmitt for rb depth and especially (fans in the stands) then drafting Newman at 6 if available would be the best way to get a solid B for the Cards offseason moves. Thus far they have gotten better at depth but have not filled glaring needs in pass rush (not sure they still can). Wouldn't trade down for less than 2 #1's and wouldn't consider it if Newman or Suggs were still on the board. Need an impact guy on the DLine, is he still out there? Not In FA at this time. Would it be better to try and trade up? Probably not if trading down got you solid starters next year. WE aren't going to be a playoff team this year anyway with this team. But with better quality draftees and the same tactic the Cards have been using(paying more for undrafted FA) they should be a solid team next year. They have done ok in regards to the undrafted group. A couple of keepers that make them better were Shipp and Hill. All in all we still can't compete favorably with the Rams or the Niners...and that is the yardstick we have to measure against...The Front office still needs to hit a Homerun with Holliday and the Draft and they can make us competitive.:thumbup:

outcent

Rookie
Reaction score
I think Hill was a 7th rd pick. Not to be picky or anything. I like your thinking. I would definately like to trade down as I see the draft as pretty deep in numerous positions.(QB, DT, and CB)

artp

Registered
Reaction score
Fair enough, but this all falls apart without signing Holliday. If we can't sign any quality DL in FA, then our entire draft will have to be re-thought.

OP
OP
Rats

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Originally posted by outcent
I think Hill was a 7th rd pick. Not to be picky or anything. I like your thinking. I would definately like to trade down as I see the draft as pretty deep in numerous positions.(QB, DT, and CB)
Thanks outcent...and your absolutly correct Hill was a 7th rounder...just throw in Wakefield or Woods there instead...and Art your right ....without a Vet like Holliday now or at June Cut down ...and a good draft...it will all fall apart as you say...this team has little margin for error as they currently are one of the youngest teams. They need to grow up fast .

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
THings that will make the Cards offseason better.
As many of our signed players as possible making it into Hq tomorrow and then working their butts off daily with the coaches to get better, stronger and quicker from now til the end of camp.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rats
Signing Holliday, for the Dline and Emmitt for rb depth and especially (fans in the stands) then drafting Newman at 6 if available would be the best way to get a solid B for the Cards offseason moves. Thus far they have gotten better at depth but have not filled glaring needs in pass rush (not sure they still can). Wouldn't trade down for less than 2 #1's and wouldn't consider it if Newman or Suggs were still on the board. Need an impact guy on the DLine, is he still out there? Not In FA at this time. Would it be better to try and trade up? Probably not if trading down got you solid starters next year. WE aren't going to be a playoff team this year anyway with this team. But with better quality draftees and the same tactic the Cards have been using(paying more for undrafted FA) they should be a solid team next year. They have done ok in regards to the undrafted group. A couple of keepers that make them better were Shipp and Hill. All in all we still can't compete favorably with the Rams or the Niners...and that is the yardstick we have to measure against...The Front office still needs to hit a Homerun with Holliday and the Draft and they can make us competitive.:thumbup:

I still have a problem with Newman because of size. Sporting News yesterday said this class of DB's very weak and mentiond his lack of size. We made a big mistake a few years ago with a number 1 pick at DB. I think the odds are better at not making a mistake at some other position. I still think a DL or even a WR if we do not sign one will be our choice. I do not discount Leftwich if he is there either.

Big_Red_One

Rookie
Reaction score
BEER!!!!

Since we sill have not addressed our biggest need going into the off-season, pass rush. Come on and sign some help here or it could be another painful season again.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson