2024 3rd round pick #66 is Trey Benson RB

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay but 150 touches in the season is more than De’Von Achane had for Miami last year.

He only played 11 games and he was hurt in a couple of those too.

Benson is great fit for this offense, he's only 21, he's only had 316 carries in college so he's not your overworked college RB.

Love the pick

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Definitely a Far Cry from the Keim era And Ime loving it I didnt know D Rob. Has a BA and Masters already Guys thats a dedicated and Smart Player We Got there top it off both degrees are in different fields all the more impressive
Agree, like a good solid draft, no wtf’s for me so far,

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
This video goes a bit more in depth and highlights both his strengths and weaknesses.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not even providing context. I’m just stating facts. If the facts make you unhappy or disturb the narrative you want to believe, that’s not on me.

Reminds me of David Johnson.
David Johnson was a pretty good player for us before his injuries. :(

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like the pick although I was kind of meh at the time of the pick due to wanting other positions to be picked. :) A running back with speed and size...cool. :thumbup:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THere are similarities to Johnson but he's more than 2 years younger and David had almost 3 times as many college carries.

For me the concerns are the knee injury he had at Oregon, dislocated knee, and the stuff about not being a good pass blocker etc but that's pretty typical for a young RB especially one who basically played 2 seasons.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
THere are similarities to Johnson but he's more than 2 years younger and David had almost 3 times as many college carries.

For me the concerns are the knee injury he had at Oregon, dislocated knee, and the stuff about not being a good pass blocker etc but that's pretty typical for a young RB especially one who basically played 2 seasons.
I’m much more worried about concerns he piddles behind the LOS. If you’re wasting time there in college, you’re gonna STRUGGLE in the NFL.

James Conner excels at reading his blocks and attacking seams.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I’m sure he had good games against, like Duke or whatever. This game he had a few good runs but didn’t look much like a future bell-cow to me.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I’m sure he had good games against, like Duke or whatever. This game he had a few good runs but didn’t look much like a future bell-cow to me.
OKerr

Big_Red_One

Rookie
Reaction score
So for fun I blocked him about 2 months ago(only blocked 1 other ever) it’s become the most entertaining thing now every other post is someone quoting him and just say WTF. The best part is I can’t see anything he posts freakin hilarious.
Did the same thing; ignore is a great feature, enjoying the quote back and forth....It was the constant, "3rd choice GM" narrative after hiring Monti that got me, it added no value to any discussion.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

That’s an odd comment as probably his worst game of the season was against Duke..

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's not due to ability. He averaged over 900 yards the last two years on about 6.1 YPC.

Yeah it was dumb. He can't carry balls that aren't handed off to him.

Never had more than 156 carries compared to someone like Braelon Allen who never had less than 181 and maxed out at 230.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is good value in round 3.

Benson has something we don't have which is breakaway speed.

Fun fact. Benson and Jared Verse are best friends and room mates and will now play each other twice a year.

I think Rams may have been lined up to take him instead of Corum.