Fast as Molasses

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Pick one is set. I expect the next picks will go slowly. There will be trade offers to every team in the top 5 at least. Everyone figures to use virtually all their time to try to determine the best offers. I keep hearing Pats take QB. The Cards’ issue is how big is big. It’s easy to go BPA when you have a solid roster. It’s not so easy to pass on filling multiple weaknesses. If the Cards trade with anyone beyond the Giants, it will be a blockbuster.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The next two nights are going to have lots of excitement for Cards fans especially with 6 picks in the first 90 players. Pick #4 of course sets the stage. Most of us want Monti to take MHJ but how do you turn down an "offer you can't refuse"?

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Stories like this make me think they may angle to get back into the first, not for a receiver as the article suggests, but for one of the QBs. We will see, gonna be a great weekend and I’m stoked for the Cards!

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
The Pats need a qb too much to take a WR but could trade down. Does someone trade up for MHJ...probably not. I like staying at 4 and taking MHJ and I know a lot of people are talking trading down. I think a couple qbs will slip and fall right to the Vikings. I think Alt could go to LAC but they also are looking wr too.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pick one is set. I expect the next picks will go slowly. There will be trade offers to every team in the top 5 at least. Everyone figures to use virtually all their time to try to determine the best offers. I keep hearing Pats take QB. The Cards’ issue is how big is big. It’s easy to go BPA when you have a solid roster. It’s not so easy to pass on filling multiple weaknesses. If the Cards trade with anyone beyond the Giants, it will be a blockbuster.
Are you saying you still believe there are multiple teams that want to move up to draft McCarthy? Because I have the feeling at least one of the teams - probably Minnesota has realized he's not worth it, and the Giants are content to just wait till the 6th pick to take him because they can.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Bears take their time with the first pick. This is their moment in the sun to get a bunch of media attention before going back going back into irrelevance.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
That's a great point about the wait and the Bears. They'll try to drag that pick out for exposure.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Nah...Bears pick Williams and they will have to set up a soup kitchen and first aid station for all the media camped in their parking lot for the next five months

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Are you saying you still believe there are multiple teams that want to move up to draft McCarthy? Because I have the feeling at least one of the teams - probably Minnesota has realized he's not worth it, and the Giants are content to just wait till the 6th pick to take him because they can.
I’m hearing McCarthy is gone before 6. Don’t be shocked if he’s gone before 4.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn