Future of Hollywood Brown as a Cardinal

What will happen with Hollywood Brown in free agency?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Clearly Monti doesn’t want to bet big on anyone. We’ve lost our top FA and not only failed to add a star, we’ve failed to acquire an above average starter, in spite of having top 5 cap space and sitting out FA last year.

We have 3 above average players on offense and 2 on D. Does anyone want to compare that with any other playoff team?

Let’s face reality - this team has no designs of trying to seriously win next year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am guessing we did not based on his compensation

I think we did, probably a better one, and he chose the Chiefs. I'd choose the Chiefs for less money.

He know we are drafting a #1 WR and he's #2 at best. We run much more than the Chiefs so less opportunities for him. This is an investment in his future.

He might be WR1 there or at least split it with Rice. He's going to catch 50% more balls and have over 1100 yards if he stays healthy. He might win a SB. Then he can cash in next year.

He he stayed here, has 70 catched for 900 yards max and gets $12m offers next year.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Let’s see….would I rather be catching passes from Patrick Mahomes or Kyler Murray? Real difficult choice :sarcasm:
1000%

But lets not lose sight of the fact that Hollywood Brown may be the most over-rated player in the NFL. He's an undersized #2 receiver and nothing more.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
1000%

But lets not lose sight of the fact that Hollywood Brown may be the most over-rated player in the NFL. He's an undersized #2 receiver and nothing more.
It has less to do with Brown and more to do with supporting Kyler. they have the cash and one year isn't risky. I would rather have another layer between Pascal, Dortch, and/or Moore as starting WRs.

Last edited:

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
It has less to do with Brown and more to do with supporting Kyler. they have the case and one year isn't risky. I would rather have another layer between Pascal, Dortch, and/or Moore as starting WRs.
Kyler's contract is support enough. Hollywood isnt any good and I never saw this magical rapport between him and his buddy Kyler.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Brown won't be missed. In KC, he's not going to be the #1 either. I'm guessing he'll be like Mecole Hardman or Valdez-Scantling and have an occasional big play but that will be about it. Kelce and Rice are going to be the focal points and Marquise Brown is not going to change that.
No chance he becomes their next "Tyreke Hill". Hill has shown to be a premier receiver in the league regardless of who his QB is. Brown just runs fast.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Not personal support...IDGAF about that. If Wilson goes down, you are starting Pascal or Moore with a rookie WR. That is just poor planning in supporting your QB.
LIGHT THE DORTCH!

Moore is off the roster.

If Wilson goes down, we'll play 22 personnel on every down.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not personal support...IDGAF about that. If Wilson goes down, you are starting Pascal or Moore with a rookie WR. That is just poor planning in supporting your QB.

The season doesn't start for 6 months. Complaining about depth now is like complaining about a meal before you looked at the menu.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Brown won't be missed. In KC, he's not going to be the #1 either. I'm guessing he'll be like Mecole Hardman or Valdez-Scantling and have an occasional big play but that will be about it. Kelce and Rice are going to be the focal points and Marquise Brown is not going to change that.
No chance he becomes their next "Tyreke Hill". Hill has shown to be a premier receiver in the league regardless of who his QB is. Brown just runs fast.
I don't believe anyone on this board believes he has Tyreek potential. Not sure who you are trying convince.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Cardinals are going to look back and feel they should have given Marquise a one year deal. This will probably be another learning moment for Monti.

I'm sure he tried. The player has a choice too. Would you choose one of the best QB's ever, Superbowl Champions and a shot at a ring or run blocking 50% of the time for a team that likely won't make the playoffs?