Future of Hollywood Brown as a Cardinal

What will happen with Hollywood Brown in free agency?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its the relying on Michael Wilson's health that worries me. And yes I know Hollywood hasnt had great health. That and MHJ is still a rookie so no guarantee he hits the ground running vs double coverage, etc.

Maye Monti has something up his sleeve or plans to invest picks into multiple wrs in the draft.
This. I assure everyone, the secret to offensive success is not built on a slew of rookie WRs. I expect Harrison to be an impact maker right off the bar, but even then, that could mean 800 yards. And expecting anyone after to be dependable is a recipe for disaster.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This. I assure everyone, the secret to offensive success is not built on a slew of rookie WRs. I expect Harrison to be an impact maker right off the bar, but even then, that could mean 800 yards. And expecting anyone after to be dependable is a recipe for disaster.
People bring up he's the best since Julio. However, they forget Julio had a few issues his rookie year(still really good obviously) and he had an All Pro in Roddy White across from him.

Fitz wasnt elite and he had year 2 Anquan. And yes I get it was a different era and he had a bad QB, but still.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Hollywood’s lack of desire to be physical and fight for the ball can be a QB killer. That’s why I don’t think Kyler is losing any sleep despite losing his college buddy. He is explosive and a good enough route runner to put up numbers with Mahomes but let’s next pretend the Chiefs are master evaluators of the WR position lately.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hollywood’s lack of desire to be physical and fight for the ball can be a QB killer. That’s why I don’t think Kyler is losing any sleep despite losing his college buddy. He is explosive and a good enough route runner to put up numbers with Mahomes but let’s next pretend the Chiefs are master evaluators of the WR position lately.
They do seem to be trying like hell to recreate Tyreek Hill with these small wrs. Hollywood should still do fine there.

Still hope Monti adds another wr though.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is a massive win for the Chefs. The ceiling is top 20 WR. The floor is top 60.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are all crazy. I would have absolutely offered 15
For a guy that can’t stay healthy managed a full season in 1 out of 5? The year he barely eclipsed 1000 yards. Drops too many balls and has had 1 mediocre 1000 yard season in 5? Hasent even come close in the other 4 full seasons…. Mehhhh….. passssss….. Especially knowing the market has been set at 7 million +incentives…..

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
For a guy that can’t stay healthy managed a full season in 1 out of 5? The year he barely eclipsed 1000 yards. Drops too many balls and has had 1 mediocre 1000 yard season in 5? Hasent even come close in the other 4 full seasons…. Mehhhh….. passssss…..
The fact that he was in like the bottom 2% in deep ball catch percentage is crazy.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a guy that can’t stay healthy managed a full season in 1 out of 5? The year he barely eclipsed 1000 yards. Drops too many balls and has had 1 mediocre 1000 yard season in 5? Hasent even come close in the other 4 full seasons…. Mehhhh….. passssss….. Especially knowing the market has been set at 7 million +incentives…..

I would take that over cap space

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This regime seems to value availability and avoid injury prone dudes.

Hollywood can be replaced (upgraded?) by Worthy in the 3rd

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would have cheered him on anywhere else, now I can’t.
I understand everyone is tired of seeing the Chiefs win, but as long as the Steelers LOSE, I don’t care if KC goes to 10 more SB’s. I love seeing a strong AFC if that’s what it takes to keep Pittsburgh at home when it gets deep into the playoffs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People bring up he's the best since Julio. However, they forget Julio had a few issues his rookie year(still really good obviously) and he had an All Pro in Roddy White across from him.

Fitz wasnt elite and he had year 2 Anquan. And yes I get it was a different era and he had a bad QB, but still.
Yup.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The price wasn't bad.

But he may have wanted to bet on Mahomes and the Chiefs to get him a big payday rather than his buddy and here.

I'm still wary of his limited availability and it'll be interesting if he can play 14 games next year and how much he fights for balls.

Though with Mahomes, he might see a bunch of wide-open throws so it might not matter.

Clearly, Monti didn't want to bet big on him.

Also, I'm only expecting us to win 4-6 games with the roster as of yesterday, so a 1 year deal with Hollywood doesn't impact us that much long term.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison