Future of Hollywood Brown as a Cardinal

What will happen with Hollywood Brown in free agency?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I'm sure he tried. The player has a choice too. Would you choose one of the best QB's ever, Superbowl Champions and a shot at a ring or run blocking 50% of the time for a team that likely won't make the playoffs?
Making your team an attractive destination is a big part of the job! At least he tried tho...good job, good effort!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm sure he tried. The player has a choice too. Would you choose one of the best QB's ever, Superbowl Champions and a shot at a ring or run blocking 50% of the time for a team that likely won't make the playoffs?
You argued that money is the primary driver for players when the team report cards came out and now you are saying it isn't. Come on dude.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Judge us by the team that takes the field in training camp.

-- @BritCard , immediately before the Arizona Cardinals finished 4-13 for the second season in a row.

Well yeah, I mean, why would you judge the roster after *checks notes* 4 days of free agency and 2 days into the season?

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This is why he chose the Chiefs

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This is a pretty slanted argument combining Petzing and Kliff. The 2022 Arizona Cardinals called passes on about 64% of offensive plays.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You argued that money is the primary driver for players when the team report cards came out and now you are saying it isn't. Come on dude.

Sigh. I argued there are dozens of drivers infinitely more important than the report card and that the primary one was money. That doesn't mean that there can't be individual reasons why someone might choose less money to go to the best team in the league and get a ring. We saw that happen all the time with the Patriots.

You know this, so I don't know why I have to explain it.

Obviously Hollywood forget to check the report card with the Chiefs being 2nd from last.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What FAs do you feel we will add at WR and will make a difference?

Who knows. In a deep draft class there will likely be post draft roster cuts.

Still tonnes of WRs left. Chark, Renfrow, MVS, Reynolds, Van Jefferson, Zaccheaus, Guyton, Conley, ESB, Osborn, Watkins.

If you want someone for depth being MHJ and Wilson that's the kind of guys you are looking at. Loads of time left yet.

Who do you want? You think were going to bring in Mike WIlliams or OBJ for depth?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Still tonnes of WRs left. Chark, Renfrow, MVS, Reynolds, Van Jefferson, Zaccheaus, Guyton, Conley, ESB, Osborn, Watkins.

If you want someone for depth being MHJ and Wilson that's the kind of guys you are looking at. Loads of time left yet.

Who do you want? You think were going to bring in Mike WIlliams or OBJ for depth?
The assumption that Wilson is good enough already to be a #2 is your flaw. You're just naming depth guys - we already have plenty of those!

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The assumption that Wilson is good enough already to be a #2 is your flaw. You're just naming depth guys - we already have plenty of those!
Wilson is at best a #3 right now. Until he can stay healthy for an entire season I would call him a #4 at this time with great potential.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Sigh. I argued there are dozens of drivers infinitely more important than the report card and that the primary one was money. That doesn't mean that there can't be individual reasons why someone might choose less money to go to the best team in the league and get a ring. We saw that happen all the time with the Patriots.

You know this, so I don't know why I have to explain it.

Obviously Hollywood forget to check the report card with the Chiefs being 2nd from last.
Yeah...this is a flawed argument. If the Cardinals would have offered up the dollars, Brown doesn't sign with the Chiefs. They might have needed to offer more, but that isn't important because the Cardinals have the cap space.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

1 - Those guys are all in Pascal/Moore realm. Adding more of those guys doesn't improve the roster.

2 - I wanted to sign Brown on a 1 year deal so these weren't the options on the table. This is my point. Monti has put himself in a crappy situation with WRs and seems to be banking on the draft which is also risky.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Wilson is at best a #3 right now. Until he can stay healthy for an entire season I would call him a #4 at this time with great potential.
I can see Wilson as #3 on a playoff team with a receiving TE. He can't be as good as Jauan Jennings (SFO) or David Bell (2022 CLE)?

The target list for the 2022 Browns is wild. Amari Cooper saw 26% of the pass attempts (excluding sacks and scrambles), Donovan Peoples-Jones had 19%, and their fourth-target-getter was their #2 RB.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Yeah, relying on him as a #2 (which as it stands appears to be the plan) is a very risky plan. Relying on a draft pick to be your #1 in conjunction to Wilson as your #2 seems exceptionally foolhardy.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think we did, probably a better one, and he chose the Chiefs. I'd choose the Chiefs for less money.

He know we are drafting a #1 WR and he's #2 at best. We run much more than the Chiefs so less opportunities for him. This is an investment in his future.

He might be WR1 there or at least split it with Rice. He's going to catch 50% more balls and have over 1100 yards if he stays healthy. He might win a SB. Then he can cash in next year.

He he stayed here, has 70 catched for 900 yards max and gets $12m offers next year.
He’s squarely #2 behind rice. But with better QB and offense and coaching

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1 - Those guys are all in Pascal/Moore realm. Adding more of those guys doesn't improve the roster.

2 - I wanted to sign Brown on a 1 year deal so these weren't the options on the table. This is my point. Monti has put himself in a crappy situation with WRs and seems to be banking on the draft which is also risky.

You have no idea what Monti has done. I'm likely it took all week for Hollywood to make this decision because he had a better offer on the table from the Cardinals, as the Chiefs interest was reported way back on Tuesday.

It's not difficult to see why Hollywood might choose $11m including incentives over $12m to stay here when the other offer includes Mahomes, Andy Reid and a shot at a ring. It's also obviously a chance for him to reinvigorate a career that is off track.

Had he stayed here he'd be fighting for limited ball with MHJ and Wilson. At the Chiefs he gets far more passing opportunities and only really Rice to contend with.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You have no idea what Monti has done. I'm likely it took all week for Hollywood to make this decision because he had a better offer on the table from the Cardinals, as the Chiefs interest was reported way back on Tuesday.

It's not difficult to see why Hollywood might choose $11m including incentives over $12m to stay here when the other offer includes Mahomes, Andy Reid and a shot at a ring. It's also obviously a chance for him to reinvigorate a career that is off track.

Had he stayed here he'd be fighting for limited ball with MHJ and Wilson. At the Chiefs he gets far more passing opportunities and only really Rice to contend with.
Did Travis Kelce retire and I missed it?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
You have no idea what he did, but I'm going to go ahead and my own speculation without any evidence.
You literally argued a week ago that money was the primary driver.
Only Rice? You may not be aware of this but the Chiefs also have the best receiving TE in football.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have no idea what he did, but I'm going to go ahead and my own speculation without any evidence.

Only Rice? You may not be aware of this but the Chiefs also have the best receiving TE in football.
Pshhh clearly you haven’t heard of Trey McBride :)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

People 2 weeks ago were like "Rondale sucks and Hollywood sucks, we should move on from both".

Now they're gone they be like "Our WR room sucks, what has Monti done?"

You have no idea, I have no idea. So why assume the worst?

We do know the team said repeatedly they wanted him back, and that it took 4-5 days for Hollywood to make a decision. Which suggests he had other offers and it would make sense if the Cards were one of them. So why would you assume they didn't try?

I said a week ago money is the primary driver, it is, but not always. Primary does not mean exclusively. I didn't realise at the time that I had to explain all the nuances of contract decisions but it seems I did. So here you go...

Sometime, rarely but sometimes, players choose to go somewhere for less money because of the unique opportunity that team offers them. Such as playing with the #1 QB, #1 offensive mind and perennial super bowl contenders.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison