What is your definition of "haul"?

What is your definition of "haul" to move out of the #4 overall pick (assuming MHJ is available)?

• Vegas Trade (#13 + #44 + future second-round pick (1880)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Minnesota Alt Trade (#11 + #23 (2010)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I love specificity. I hate ambiguity. So let's put it on the record before the draft:

What is your definition of a "haul" that would convince you to trade out of the fourth overall pick? How large a pile of magic beans would it take to trade?

According to the DraftTek website, our pick is worth 1800 points.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mind if we change this from a radio button to allow multiple selections? If so, I would say

• Minnesota Trade (#11 + #23 + future first round pick (2600))
  • Bears Trade (#9 + 2 future firsts (2530))
are both hauls.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yo I'm not gonna lie when I see it put out like this, I don't mind that Denver trade. I think second-round picks are underrated -- that's when we took my guy Karlos Dansby!

We'd miss out on the top WRs (probably) but get one of the top 2-3 defensive prospects, make headlines, and have a ton of assets for 2025, even if that draft is as mid as 2023's was.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yo I'm not gonna lie when I see it put out like this, I don't mind that Denver trade. I think second-round picks are underrated -- that's when we took my guy Karlos Dansby!

We'd miss out on the top WRs (probably) but get one of the top 2-3 defensive prospects, make headlines, and have a ton of assets for 2025, even if that draft is as mid as 2023's was.
2nd favorite Cardinal of all time, just behind Larry and just above Aeneas.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Mind if we change this from a radio button to allow multiple selections? If so, I would say

• Minnesota Trade (#11 + #23 + future first round pick (2600))
  • Bears Trade (#9 + 2 future firsts (2530))
are both hauls.
I don't really want that. I think people should choose what their limit is to define a "haul." If it's the Bears trade then you're probably happy with everything above it?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't really want that. I think people should choose what their limit is to define a "haul." If it's the Bears trade then you're probably happy with everything above it?
Both get 3 first round picks. I consider them both very close. The difference between having 11 and 23 this year is probably what I would prefer.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i picked the Vikings option -- but with the idea that i would burn one of the 3rds to jump up from #11

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
What are the chances the Vikings give up 3 first to get #4 I don’t see it happening. I know they want to move up but that seems steep

I added a second Vikes option for you. That would not appetize me.

Something that moves the needle. Duh.

Reported for trolling.

You'd probably need to burn a 1st, not a 3rd.

If you wanted to move from #11 to #8, it would cost 150 points on the Drafttek Chart. Our #71 pick would be more than enough.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I picked the Giants trade because it gives us a valuable asset but leaves us in prime position to get an premium WR..and there is a miniscule chance sandy eggo doesnt pick Marvin.

The minnesota trade only happens for me if they add in a WR..they wont do JJ, so Addison... I would rather have Addison than their 2025 first. Dude is still cost controlled and posted nearly a thousand yards as a rookie...granted, that was across from JJ...so we still need someone who draws attention from the defense..but Adison is proven to be at least a pretty good #2... with 11, 23, and 27...if Odunze slides we can likely still trade up a few spots...if not, there are several tier 2 X receivers to be had between 11 and 35

the others... I dunno..maybe Vegas...Love me some Raiders but the one thing you can count on with them these days is that they are gonna come up short..so any future picks should at least be top 15

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you wanted to move from #11 to #8, it would cost 150 points on the Drafttek Chart. Our #71 pick would be more than enough.
Except that I believe that the team will ask for more than market value, because the Cards have so many options.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I would rather have Addison than their 2025 first
Addison is more valuable than their 2025 first for sure.

Love me some Raiders but the one thing you can count on with them these days is that they are gonna come up short..so any future picks should at least be top 15

Magic beans. The Raiders could make the playoffs as a wild card next year.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn