Budda requests trade

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Yes, the RAMS went all in and luckily they have a SB trophy as a reward. Imagine what fans would be saying about the Cap Hell they're in if it hadn't worked out. Doubt 'novel concept' would be top of mind.
So, what’s your point?
Tampa did the same thing and won it all too.

There’s no such thing as cap hell.

Reactions: PJ1

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes, the RAMS went all in and luckily they have a SB trophy as a reward. Imagine what fans would be saying about the Cap Hell they're in if it hadn't worked out. Doubt 'novel concept' would be top of mind.
I guess you can imagine it, but rams fans don’t have to. They won a super bowl. Their plan worked. And it worked according to their plan. Is luck involved? It is involved in every sport for every team. But your statement seems to indicate it wasn’t their gameplan that worked, when it clearly was.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
How about Budda + DHop to Minny for Dalvin Cook and a 2nd in 2023 + 2nd and 4th in 2024?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I guess you can imagine it, but rams fans don’t have to. They won a super bowl. Their plan worked. And it worked according to their plan. Is luck involved? It is involved in every sport for every team. But your statement seems to indicate it wasn’t their gameplan that worked, when it clearly was.
Rams Fans?

Any SoCal resident knows this is something that doesn't exist.

If you win a Super Bowl and no one cares, did you actually win one?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Sure, it worked. The football GODS smiled favourably.

Now they pay the piper, and ownership can hope that the glow of that victory satiates the fans for the years to come.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

Now they pay the piper, and ownership can hope that the glow of that victory satiates the fans for the years to come.
Good theory. I’m sure there are many “football gods” overlooking the entire league.

How about, they paid for and acquired the best players and won the Super Bowl?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good theory. I’m sure there are many “football gods” overlooking the entire league.

How about, they paid for and acquired the best players and won the Super Bowl?
Not only won the Super Bowl, but made it to TWO Super Bowls, made the playoffs four times, won 3 division titles and had a winning record five years in a row.

That’s A LOT of luck they got there!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Rams Fans?

Any SoCal resident knows this is something that doesn't exist.

If you win a Super Bowl and no one cares, did you actually win one?
I can tell you two fans that are buddies that get to throw in my face. It’s not fun. And if we don’t want to count fans, maybe we can count the players who have rings or the franchise that has the trophy. You know, stuff we don’t have, nor will have in the foreseeable future.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol. I am being a little dramatic. But it is the truth I have never been more down about being a fan of this team. I used to say it was much worse in the 90s, but these last 15 or 16 home games with just one win.... It's been miserable at State Farm. We never had THAT bad of a stretch at SDS.
When a team is going through a rebuild, you do first have to gut it. And that’s exactly what MO is doing. Before everyone jumps off a bridge, can we at least wait until training camp to see what we have. For me, just not having KK around is a major improvement.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Speaking as a dbacks fan, yeah it did. My rams buddies think so too. I mean, are you really harshing on an organization that won a super bowl while rooting for a team that would have to go undefeated for 13 straight years just to break even? Talk about comical . . .

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not only won the Super Bowl, but made it to TWO Super Bowls, made the playoffs four times, won 3 division titles and had a winning record five years in a row.

That’s A LOT of luck they got there!
But cardinals fans should be dumping on their strategy. Lol.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
When a team is going through a rebuild, you do first have to gut it. And that’s exactly what MO is doing. Before everyone jumps off a bridge, can we at least wait until training camp to see what we have. For me, just not having KK around is a major improvement.
Got it. No one opine on any moves the cardinals make until training camp.

Or should we wait until end of preseason so we know how players look? Maybe until trading deadline because we could trade for a bunch of guys. Nah let’s just wait until seasons over so we know how a full season unfolded. Well, that’s a silly idea because then we should just be looking forward to the next season, water under the bridge and all.

Wait, I have a different thought, if you don’t want to discuss any of the moves or the current state of the roster until training camp, by all means, don’t. No one is telling you what to do.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I dunno. Maybe you could get your best players on board by expressing a clear and coherent plan so they don’t feel like their best years will be wasted.

You could also start building around the good players already on your roster instead of basically starting from scratch with your injured, mercurial QB and almost literally 50 guys from Madden create-a-player

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It does not take 2-3 years in the NFL to do a rebuild to a competitive football team. Lets also not act like 30 yrs old is old for a NFL safety to be playing at a high level.

This is Baghdad Bob level of nonsense.

Well it takes more than a year, which is 2 years. So yeah it does.

Some Fans here want it all ways. They wanted Keim gone. They wanted a clean house. Knowing that what that entails. And now they have it they complain that they don't want a rebuild. They want to try win right now.

Budda is great. He's also an expensive luxury in a rebuild and the resources he could free up in cap and picks can be better spent elsewhere.

I have no issue with him wanting a trade. You only get one career and he should make the most of it. But it's not the new regimes fault they need to repair years of neglect.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They can sign whoever they want. Cap is maneuverable.

Tired of this "cap doesn't exist" bluesky thinking.

The cap exists. If you want to make a run you can borrow from future cap using weighted deals and void years up to 4 years into the future.

Like any borrowing you can only do it for a certain amount of time before you have to pay the piper. You can stretch out it's effective lifespan if you hit on an inordinate number of draft picks but how likely is that? While Keim hasn't been as aggressive in this respect as the Rams, Bucs or Eagles (and the Eagles do have so pain coming down the road in the future) Keim still managed to do enough of it while still building a poor roster that it now needs a major reset.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He'd be a perfect fit for the Steelers if they hadn't signed *checks notes* Keanu Neal for $2.125m per season?

That's what would be stopping them? A replacement level guy being paid like a depth piece who could easily slide to safety #3?

That ain't stopping anyone.

It CLEARLY could have been played differently? Really? What exactly is clear from the microscopic information we have gleaned from 2 tweets?
Hey, I'm just responding to what you said when you narrowed their focus to spending two whole months trying to convince him to say. Nothing keeping them from shopping him at the same time and it would be criminally stupid for them not to. We're both of us presenting hypotheticals because neither of us know what's going on behind the scenes.

You're talking like I'm the one who said the Steelers are out now. That would be the pundit who wrote the story. It's a narrative by the actual people reporting on these teams, but hey, don't let that stand in the way of you defying logic in stating FA can have literally nothing to do with his market value.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson