2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really like what the Warriors did Getting GPII and Sadiq Bey giving up basically nothing. They should not be overlooked.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knew it was too good to be true. Local rumor is Payton 2 failed his physical with the Warriors, the core injury he just came back from isn't healed and he could have to miss up to 3 months.

Kerr was apparently "cagey" with reporters when asked about the deal so it's not clear yet if GP2 will actually rejoin the Warriors or not.

Crap

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A good starting 5 for Brooklyn.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bay area media countered that saying Draymond was a 2nd rounder and Payton 2 was undrafted. Which is true, but kind of silly as both are extreme outliers in that regard.

The NBA used to have 7 round drafts. Good players are to be found among 2nd round picks and undrafted players.

Sure the odds are lower on finding a gem later but they are there to be found.

Good teams find those players. My hope is the Suns become one of those teams by emphasizing scouting and player development.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The NBA used to have 7 round drafts. Good players are to be found among 2nd round picks and undrafted players.

Sure the odds are lower on finding a gem later but they are there to be found.

Good teams find those players. My hope is the Suns become one of those teams by emphasizing scouting and player development.
Suns used to be masters of later first, second and beyond picks.
Horny
Finley
Ceballos
Person
Oliver miller
Dragic
Barbosa

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns used to be masters of later first, second and beyond picks.
Horny
Finley
Ceballos
Person
Oliver miller
Dragic
Barbosa

Yes, they did.

I think a team needs to have the expectation they will find these players and the scouting to do it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What the hell does Thomas need to do? 3 straight 40 point games and then a 20 point game. How does that not earn a starting role?

I think he's suspended. Used a gay slur during a live interview.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think he's suspended. Used a gay slur during a live interview.
No, he was only fined. He may have had 20 last game but he was apparently jacking up horrible shots and pissed off the coach. Nets fans don't seem upset with him starting on the bench.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Cam's 3 was smooth in the 1st half and left him now in the 3rd qtr. Mikal has evolved into an excellent off. player, with great space feel and timing, getting a lot foul calls for his drives. and his defense is suffocating as usual. He will be the next Pippen.

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
Man! Bridges had a great opportunity for the game-winning layup and just missed it. I really wanted to see it go in for him in his first game for the Nets.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson