2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weird. Seeing the play from behind Gordon clearly makes contact with fox. It was a foul to me.

THe 2nd replay I showed later is the one where I see the contact. Note the pool report after the game said they called the foul because Gordon made illegal contact with Fox's lower body impeding his ability to land safely. When asked if it was a natural shooting motion by Fox the refs said in their opinion it was, they didn't feel he'd jumped into Gordon.

There is no 2 minute review yet but I'm assuming they will confirm the call, from the other angle there's hip to hip contact.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bucks just got Jae Crowder for 5 2nd round picks

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think it will be fine. Kyrie is a great shooter and doesn’t need the ball in his hands all the time to score. Actually last night he didn’t handle the ball for large portions of the game when he was on the floor. It will be a better version of jalen Brunson and luka (if you look at last years playoffs) who both were great playing together and playing without the other. For me it’s a positive of how well the mavs roll players played with Kyrie straight away against a good team.

With that said the Mavericks might not go as far as last season. The WC is stacked especially now with what phx did. I’m excited to see if anymore trades go down. For Dallas I’m kind of ok if they do nothing else because they have some guys that are making the most of opportunities that they were not getting before.
I agree with all that. Kyrie > Brunson. They were missing that component, and now they upgraded that spot!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Kevin Love, Russel Westbrook. Can these buy out guys play in the playoffs?

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
With lots of people talking about these buyout players. How many open spots do we have on our roster?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Potential buy out adds?

PG- Goran Dragic
SF- Eric Gordon
PF- Thaddeus Young
PF- Kevin Love
C- Nerlens Noel
Love ain’t going anywhere. They’re playing for the playoffs and he’s still a solid piece of their puzzle, isn’t he?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He hasn't been playing and the one thing they have him for was 3 point shooting which fell off a cliff this season (30%).

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kevin Love, Russel Westbrook. Can these buy out guys play in the playoffs?

Yes, I believe the cut off for playoff eligibility on waived players is February 28th or March 1st. Anyone in the next 2 weeks is fine though, I'm sure of that.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saric traded for Darius Bazley.

Last edited:

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Potential buy out adds?

PG- Goran Dragic
SF- Eric Gordon
PF- Thaddeus Young
PF- Kevin Love
C- Nerlens Noel
This would be hilarious if we re-add Goran (with TJ) getting the band back together
You must be registered for see images attach

Eric Gordon, for the contract that was matched

Kevin Love, for the teaser that never materialized

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who? Beasely, Bazely?

Solid deal and about all I expected to happen under Sarver. So glad he's gone. This is a good secondary deal to add a little depth and improve the bench.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Solid deal and about all I expected to happen under Sarver. So glad he's gone. This is a good secondary deal to add a little depth and improve the bench.

Hmm. Bazely a young 6-9, long-armed, defensive player. This might be one of those under-the-radar good trades that JJ makes.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pat Bev traded to Orlando for Mo Bamba.