Reaction score
Golden State - Salary dump move:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

Makes sense for both teams. GS was down on Wiseman, even though he flashed every time they brought him in. He can go where he can get minutes. GS gets a guy they will play.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes sense for both teams. GS was down on Wiseman, even though he flashed every time they brought him in. He can go where he can get minutes. GS gets a guy they will play.
They are saying this salary dump is going to save Golden State 100 million dollars after factoring in the luxury tax over the course of the contract. :oops:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't know how it all works out but I suspect they're also making room so they can put one or both of their 2 way guys on the roster. Jerome is the backup PG right now with Steph out so he's going to hit his 2 way limit quite likely and Lamb is already close. Wiseman opens up one roster spot I think they already had 1 open.

In Detroit he'll compete with Stewart, Duren and Noel for PT but supposedly Noel is going to be bought out. Duren played at Memphis too, but they weren't there at the same time.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lakers have made a lot of good moves for what they have available.
Yeah, but it is still hard to like AD. He sat on the bench and didn't appear to care while LeBron James broke a 39-year-old NBA record. He's either hurt or playing but disgruntled.

Still recovering from the Lakers shipping out all of their young talent to get the bubble championship. Then getting even older before finally making some good moves to get younger and quicker.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Love would be an incredible get on the buy out market. The cavs dumping him is odd. Pure cost cutting?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm so happy for this deal! Last night watching the game I was thinking Payton doesn't really fit the Blazers they have several bigger young guys they can play at that position and they're not good enough where payton makes a difference. They are a bad defensive team so they thought getting Payton would help in that regard but if you saw the game last night, as I posted, the Warriors just refused to even dribble against Payton, whoever he picked up in the backcourt just passed the ball, and it totally negated having Payton on the court because nobody else on the Blazers picked up. So he spent a long time on the bench.

Not saying this makes the Warriors the favorites but it sure will improve the chemistry of the team.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What? Boooo

Bay area sports media is going nuts everyone is happy to get GP2 back.

My guess is Ty Jerome probably won't get a deal now, DiVincenzo will be the backup PG and Payton will get Donte's minutes.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bay area sports media is going nuts everyone is happy to get GP2 back.

My guess is Ty Jerome probably won't get a deal now, DiVincenzo will be the backup PG and Payton will get Donte's minutes.

Anyone other than Russ surprised Jerome is still in the league? I thought he washed out. Good IQ but not an athlete at all.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Anyone other than Russ surprised Jerome is still in the league? I thought he washed out. Good IQ but not an athlete at all.
I was surprised when he was here with us, he never did any promos for Jerome, AZ.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah the thing is he's a very good player he runs an offense, he can make the 3, but as you said he's just not athletic enough, he comes up short on defense at times because of it. he's a very clever player I hope he does stick with someone if the Warriors don't keep him, but GP2 likely makes his odds of getting a full contract slim and none with the Warriors.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard