I am not saying Colt is great (he is not) but..

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Yes steady dose of a featured back, even if not super productive, does a lot of calming, resting of defense, for any qb, Kyler did it calling -lays in preseason, but doesn’t demand it for himself, he us not better than that! Damn it, when we gave Warner, Palmer, and now Murray a run game we went to the playoffs and Super Bowl. All the arm talent, sizzle in the world doesn’t change the fundamentals of pro football! Defense get paid also- a lot!

run a balanced offense to make your the most of your world class qbs ! It isn’t brain surgery or rocket science. Kyler and kliff are not on board with that, or the run game coordinator, gm, owner or freaking Saxon wherever he may be.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Come on man they phoned it in, that’s not the same defense we faced before be honest. Donald doesn’t get contained by a bunch of nobodies…
They just double teamed him constantly & Smith was a big part of that for real, we may have a good player there? You can't tell me that Donald wasn't licking his chops to get to the QB. The quick passing game pretty much negated the pass rush as it always does.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They just double teamed him constantly & Smith was a big part of that for real, we may have a good player there? You can't tell me that Donald wasn't licking his chops to get to the QB. The quick passing game pretty much negated the pass rush as it always does.
We played an uninspired team period they did not bring it like normal against us…

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
NO he didn’t just play that team get serious, back up Qb with zero offense and a D that hardly played a similar game lol their Dline was destroying us last game unlike this game they seemed to occasionally try if that. Your telling me our banged up line is stopping Donald lol he was going thru the motions out there…

Maybe, and this is just a thought, the O line got destroyed last time because Kyler can't read a defense so doesn't know where he is going with the ball and is just stood there waiting to see an open guy?

Frankly it's ridiculous and insulting to a legend like Donald that you think he was "going through the motions". It shows how desperate you are you would even think that.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Spread the ball around? Dhop and Moore that’s about it, and he had balance of a running balance instead of Kliffy trying to chuck it 50 times a game… but whatever lol

I mean, AJ Green literally has a touchdown and Zach Ertz went out injured in Q1.

You're just making the point for how McCoy was better. He did it without Ertz. He got something out of AJ Green and despite only having 2 reliable targets he still found both of them regularly for nearly 100 yards each.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We played an uninspired team period they did not bring it like normal against us…
We played a team that has a QB that couldn't hit the ocean with a sky scraper pretty much. Donald wanted his, he knew our OL was banged up & no one can tell me he wasn't trying. The quick passing game negated him & was a damn good plan imo. The times where McCoy actually passed downfield Donald was double teamed hard & Smith should be praised for his work on double teaming Donald.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who knows why he changes the offense but clearly when Murray plays it’s different. When is the last time Connor got over 20 carries when Murray is playing? Look at the hot start last season they were balanced attack. I think if we get behind early like most of this season Kliff panics and totally changes the plans and everything seems disorganized etc. obviously part of that is the D getting us in early deficits not being able to stop anyone. I actually want to see Colt start another game just to see what happens when it’s not a team in turmoil clearly headed in the wrong direction with a backup QB playing awful. It was nice that we didn’t let a backup March up and down the field too much, honestly if they kept running the ball it’s probably more of a ballgame. MCVay tried to get too cute with a back up QB.
Wow. You actually seem disappointed the Cardinals won. You want McCoy to start another game hoping he fails? I have issues with KM but I never root against him.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Come on man they phoned it in, that’s not the same defense we faced before be honest. Donald doesn’t get contained by a bunch of nobodies…
I think the whole 'phoned it in' is a little overstated. Yeah, teams have given up late in the season but though I dislike the Rams because they have made us their whipping boys, I highly doubt a player as Aaron Donald and rest of that defense went into the game still only a few games behind in the division (one at home, though a LA home game is not much home field advantage as other places) saying, "we are going to let these guys do what they want and we don't care about the season anymore"... the Rams have had a good defense regardless of their offense, and I am not going to disrespect their squad's professionalism (ones that had the mentality which recently won a Super Bowl) and then disrespect the efforts of our own players to arrive at some excuse to meet a narrative

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler seems to have lost the local press. Here is Greg Moore arguing that Colt should be the new starter, and Kyler should take his time coming back from the injury and use the time to learn...

Good article. McCoy's quote about throwing on time and in rhythm were key.

But the article makes it clear the importance of all the non throwing areas of playing QB. Leadership, good communication, keeping players calm and motivated.

I feel like Kyler is an introvert and really struggles with this.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the whole 'phoned it in' is a little overstated. Yeah, teams have given up late in the season but though I dislike the Rams because they have made us their whipping boys, I highly doubt a player as Aaron Donald and rest of that defense went into the game still only a few games behind in the division (one at home, though a LA home game is not much home field advantage as other places) saying, "we are going to let these guys do what they want and we don't care about the season anymore"... the Rams have had a good defense regardless of their offense, and I am not going to disrespect their squad's professionalism (ones that had the mentality which recently won a Super Bowl) and then disrespect the efforts of our own players to arrive at some excuse to meet a narrative

Seems super weird to think the reigning superbowl champs with dogs like Ramsey and Donald are ever phoning it in. Especially in a division game against another team with 3 wins at home.

urs

All Star
Reaction score
It's pretty telling that, of the usual KM apologist suspects, only one is even remotely trying to argue here.
Not sure what the point of arguing too much is? All the people on here who believe Colt is the better QB will be rudely awakened next week (if he plays) just like they were after they were all giddy when Colt looked good against San Fran last year then put in an all time bad QB performance the following week. It's Kyler's team, he needs to play better and take some leadership tips from McCoy. I think everyone is happy we thumped the Rams and are grateful to have a competent backup in Colt.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spread the ball around? Dhop and Moore that’s about it, and he had balance of a running balance instead of Kliffy trying to chuck it 50 times a game… but whatever lol
He thew to six different players and spread the ball around the field. He even got AJ Green involved for a TD which looked like it wasn't going to happen. He got DHOP the ball when we needed. Kyler has struggled with seeing his progressions and reading defenses all season long. It's like you're watching something completely different.

Last edited:

urs

All Star
Reaction score
The argument about we ran the ball more is just misleading, we ran the ball more because we had the lead.
We didn't actually run the ball more, we ran Conner more. But the plan was a good one to have Colt get the ball out in 2 seconds or less, so throwing more wasn't a detriment.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We didn't actually run the ball more, we ran Conner more. But the plan was a good one to have Colt get the ball out in 2 seconds or less, so throwing more wasn't a detriment.

Right but the point I'm making is Colt didn't look better than Kyler because Conner got more carries. Conner got more carries because we had the lead, because Colt played well.

urs

All Star
Reaction score
He thew to six receivers. He even got AJ Green involved for a TD which looked like it wasn't going to happen. It's like you're watching something completely different. Kyler has struggled with seeing his progressions and reading defenses all season long. You are in denial.
Not sure what you think you're proving here, Kyler has hit 6 or more receivers in every game but one.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you think you're proving here, Kyler has hit 6 or more receivers in every game but one.
I am not talking about just throwing to different receivers. I am talking about spreading the ball around the field effectively. See Kyler's throwing chart posted in the other thread and where he is spreading the ball around. It says it all. This offense, again I know it was only the Rams, looked completely different. Nobody is calling McCoy a franchise QB but there is zero doubt the offense looked different yesterday.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Not sure what the point of arguing too much is? All the people on here who believe Colt is the better QB will be rudely awakened next week (if he plays) just like they were after they were all giddy when Colt looked good against San Fran last year then put in an all time bad QB performance the following week. It's Kyler's team, he needs to play better and take some leadership tips from McCoy. I think everyone is happy we thumped the Rams and are grateful to have a competent backup in Colt.
Agreed with the bolded here. Nobody is saying Colt is the better QB. The sensible takes are that it's really troubling that KM can't get this offense going while CM could. Which is indeed troubling.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson