I am not saying Colt is great (he is not) but..

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hilarious one game against a putrid team that hardly played and this team is better off with McCoy at QB, Jesus I’m glad some of you are not in charge! Yeah let’s ride with the old journeyman QB because he makes our coach look less stupid! Maybe design a coherent offense for the franchise QB you just extended for huge dollars! If you can’t do it get the **** out and brings in a coach who can, don’t need a coach who can’t game plan to our best skill players period!
Hey Kyler, on this play we’re going to put you under center. “ But I don’t like being under center.” Okay then nevermind.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Hilarious one game against a putrid team that hardly played and this team is better off with McCoy at QB, Jesus I’m glad some of you are not in charge! Yeah let’s ride with the old journeyman QB because he makes our coach look less stupid! Maybe design a coherent offense for the franchise QB you just extended for huge dollars! If you can’t do it get the **** out and brings in a coach who can, don’t need a coach who can’t game plan to our best skill players period!
Colt’s started 4 games now… he’s now 3 & 1. In all 4 games he’s looked significantly more competent and professional than Kyler has since the second half of last season.
Colt’s a legit NFL QB… he’s the perfect back-up. Kyler? At best he’s a solid, change of pace back-up…maybe.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Colt’s started 4 games now… he’s now 3 & 1. In all 4 games he’s looked significantly more competent and professional than Kyler has since the second half of last season.
Colt’s a legit NFL QB… he’s the perfect back-up. Kyler? At best he’s a solid, change of pace back-up…maybe.

He has been around a long time and really has not been pressured to learn. Maybe he is like a wise Josh McCown.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yet something tells me Kyler would have put up another stinker. You are right about one thing. Rams are not a good team. However, Kyler hasn’t looked good against struggling teams either at times.

There is zero doubt this offense looked completely different and better with McCoy. Could Kyler have done the same? Possibly but the fact that I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t says something. Either way the team looked better with McCoy today. Saying otherwise?

Now THAT is hilarious.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with that Rams defense, Colt played smart, was decisive, and took what the defense gave him

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This offense is absolutely designed to Kyler's strengths. I can't image what offense will allow Kyler to get away with not knowing where the open man is going to be. He better learn fast; the talent he has to work with on offense is going to be a lot worse once his big cap hits come in.

Of course we have to stick with Kyler, he has to be the long term answer. But maybe he learns how to correct his flaws a bit faster if he rides the bench for a bit. We can play the experienced pro QB who has the talent to win now while the quarterback of the future sits and learns.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This offense is absolutely designed to Kyler's strengths. I can't image what offense will allow Kyler to get away with not knowing where the open man is going to be. He better learn fast; the talent he has to work with on offense is going to be a lot worse once his big cap hits come in.

Of course we have to stick with Kyler, he has to be the long term answer. But maybe he learns how to correct his flaws a bit faster if he rides the bench for a bit. We can play the experienced pro QB who has the talent to win now while the quarterback of the future sits and learns.
But it's been four years. Experience is a slow tough teacher, but the million dollar (or rather his contract number) question is why he has all of a sudden regressed so rapidly

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Didn't Murray just play vs. the same putrid team in Arizona? How did that go?

...dbs
NO he didn’t just play that team get serious, back up Qb with zero offense and a D that hardly played a similar game lol their Dline was destroying us last game unlike this game they seemed to occasionally try if that. Your telling me our banged up line is stopping Donald lol he was going thru the motions out there…

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yet something tells me Kyler would have put up another stinker. You are right about one thing. Rams are not a good team. However, Kyler hasn’t looked good against struggling teams either at times.

There is zero doubt this offense looked completely different and better with McCoy. Could Kyler have done the same? Possibility but the fact that I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t says something. Either way the team looked better with McCoy today. Saying otherwise?

Now THAT is hilarious.
No one said otherwise, obviously they looked decent today they won against McVay which under KK is huge since he basically owns us. That doesn’t mean Colt is some great starter now that’s just absurd!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one said otherwise, obviously they looked decent today they won against McVay which under KK is huge since he basically owns us. That doesn’t mean Colt is some great starter now that’s just absurd!

Nobody said he’s a great starter they just said he’s better than Kyler. Which right now seems accurate…. Oooof

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody said that. However, it’s indisputable this has been one of the best outings the team has had all season and the did it without our “franchise” quarterback to boot. Colt spread the ball around and seemed to find the open guy while Kyler has struggled with that all season long.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody said that. However, it’s indisputable this has been one of the best outings the team has had all season and the did it without our “franchise” quarterback to boot. Colt spread the ball around and seemed to find the open guy while Kyler has struggled with that all season long.

Yes sir that’s arguably the best game we’ve seen from a quarterback in the last 15 regular season games and one playoff game…. Bizarre

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It’s laughable that some might try to diminish the clear separation between Kyler and Colt. It’s not even close and anyone who has ever watched more than one NFL game is capable of identifying the multitude of improvements we see with McCoy as our QB, as compared to Kyler.
And, this includes the players by the way, who see it and feel it far more than any of us.
This team is better off with McCoy as our QB, period. This is fact, born out by figures, as well as both the eye and smell tests!
Not sure if this team is better off with McCoy as our QB, but it does seem KK's 2022 offense runs better with McCoy than Kyler.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Spread the ball around? Dhop and Moore that’s about it, and he had balance of a running balance instead of Kliffy trying to chuck it 50 times a game… but whatever lol

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree with you to a certain degree. 1. We can't ride McCoy as our main QB. 2. KK needs to go if he can't design a coherent offense for Kyler BECAUSE we have commited a quarter billion $$ to Kyker. But given how McCoy played today. You can't but start to wonder the problem might not be KK.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree with you to a certain degree. 1. We can't ride McCoy as our main QB. 2. KK needs to go if he can't design a coherent offense for Kyler BECAUSE we have commited a quarter billion $$ to Kyker. But given how McCoy played today. You can't but start to wonder the problem might not be KK.
Not really we still saw a bunch of short passing and sideways garbage, the difference is he actually ran the ball and had some balance unlike most games this season! Maybe playing an anemic offense and not being behind double digits in the first Qtr helped not totally abandoning the run game? But no one could say with a straight face that this is the same game plan Kliff normally goes with, and while their was a little under center plays he still was primarily shotgun so it’s not just a Kyler thing it’s KKs offense!

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not really we still saw a bunch of short passing and sideways garbage, the difference is he actually ran the ball and had some balance unlike most games this season! Maybe playing an anemic offense and not being behind double digits in the first Qtr helped not totally abandoning the run game? But no one could say with a straight face that this is the same game plan Kliff normally goes with, and while their was a little under center plays he still was primarily shotgun so it’s not just a Kyler thing it’s KKs offense!
Then why did KK suddenly change his usual game plan? Was he intentionally to sabotage Kyler, he not understanding what works with Kyler, or he having more trust in Kyler's ability to run his usual offense?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Then why did KK suddenly change his usual game plan? Was he intentionally to sabotage Kyler, he not understanding what works with Kyler, or he having more trust in Kyler's ability to run his usual offense?
Who knows why he changes the offense but clearly when Murray plays it’s different. When is the last time Connor got over 20 carries when Murray is playing? Look at the hot start last season they were balanced attack. I think if we get behind early like most of this season Kliff panics and totally changes the plans and everything seems disorganized etc. obviously part of that is the D getting us in early deficits not being able to stop anyone. I actually want to see Colt start another game just to see what happens when it’s not a team in turmoil clearly headed in the wrong direction with a backup QB playing awful. It was nice that we didn’t let a backup March up and down the field too much, honestly if they kept running the ball it’s probably more of a ballgame. MCVay tried to get too cute with a back up QB.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson