Deandre Ayton discussion

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
We definitely need an upgrade over Saric/Kaminsky at the 4/5, and ideally a true starting power forward in place of Crowder, relegating Crowder to an energy guy off the bench (and if that costs us Crowder and/or Saric in a trade, then so be it, particularly if it nets us someone like John Collins). Other than that, though, I concur.

In terms of free agents that are realistically available and potentially could fill our need, the pickings appear slim, as they feature the likes of Richaun Holmes (whom we already cast aside in favor of Kaminsky), Nerlens Noel (possibly our best bet, but strictly as a back-up to Ayton, which means we are still starting a wing at power forward), Bobby Portis (whom we already ignored in two different offseasons), Serge Ibaka (whom we already chose not to pursue last offseason, and who is now a major question mark health-wise), DeMarcus Cousins (whom we already refused to even consider bringing in this season), and Lauri Markkanen (who would require a trade, since he is restricted, and who doesn't defend well).

I really do wish there was a way we could work a trade for John Collins. He seems like the best fit for us at the 4. I also wonder if we might also consider taking a flyer on a trade for Marvin Bagley, particularly if all it costs us is Saric/Stix. I do know that he was pretty close with Ayton at one point in time, and their games mesh together decently.
Actually, I was only talking about our #1 pick choice. But yes, a PF upgrade would be great. I think Champ is always looking to upgrade the roster. Exhibit A, the mid-season Torrey Craig acquisition. But I don't want to even start thinking about this stuff until the job is done this season.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Mavericks have enough room or can make enough room to sign Leonard if he wants to go there but my guess is he stays with the Clippers.

Leonard has a good poker face. Shocking that he left a Raptors squad who was primed to win a few more or atleast have great winning seasons and trips to the conference finals. I know he wanted to be in LA but now that the time is up he didn’t show he wanted to be in LA by sitting in a suite or not traveling with them. You never know with this guy but I’m going to say he leave the clippers.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Luka says a gold medal would mean more than an NBA Championship...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Kawhi just bought a $17m mansion in LA. I think he’s staying.
While I'm not arguing that he won't be back to the Clippers, him buying a mansion in LA is not really proof that he won't go to another team.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
While I'm not arguing that he won't be back to the Clippers, him buying a mansion in LA is not really proof that he won't go to another team.
Well I think it has to do with being closer to San Diego than than owning the home specifically. I don’t think playing for the team that has the best chance at winning a title is his top preference.

Sunstroke

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm posting to recant any previous posts of mine regarding Ayton's potential
as a solid NBA big. Admittedly, I questioned his head, heart and ability
and the young man has proved me along with other doubters how much he means
to the organization. Suns wouldn't be playing this Tuesday in the Finals
without him. Go Deandre and Go Suns!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leonard has a good poker face. Shocking that he left a Raptors squad who was primed to win a few more or atleast have great winning seasons and trips to the conference finals. I know he wanted to be in LA but now that the time is up he didn’t show he wanted to be in LA by sitting in a suite or not traveling with them. You never know with this guy but I’m going to say he leave the clippers.

I'm thinking Kawhi is not anxious to move on to his fourth team so quickly but I don't have a good idea of what makes him tick.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Winning a Gold Medal for Slovenia would be immensely more impressive than winning an NBA title. A country with roughly the same number of people as Phoenix proper against the US juggernaut compared to a salary cap league?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Holy crap!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This ABC post game show BLOWS. Come on folks! This is the damn Finals! Get some legendary role players at the round table. Give me Socks or Cedric! Anyone but these clowns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope they just replayed the first ft and it was 12 seconds from when he caught the ball and released it

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This ABC post game show BLOWS. Come on folks! This is the damn Finals! Get some legendary role players at the round table. Give me Socks or Cedric! Anyone but these clowns.

didn’t know they had a postgame I just switch over to ESPN. But that isn’t great

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Nope they just replayed the first ft and it was 12 seconds from when he caught the ball and released it
Like I said though if he is getting into his shooting motion near that 10 second mark they are never going to call it. To be honest I don't want the officials getting themselves involved in that way.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson