OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@CardsSunsDbacks

This is my recollection as well. This is why he fell in the draft to #14 in 2018.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just looking at the box score, every starter except Booker has taken least 11 field goal attempts. Book only has 9. Glad to see them playing well without him producing that much. Something they will need to correct in future games though because Mikal isn't going to do this every night.

I think Mikal can average 20ppg this series. Denver has one okay defender and he guards Book. They also are awful at guarding the three point line and have zero rim protection.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Mikal can average 20ppg this series. Denver has one okay defender and he guards Book. They also are awful at guarding the three point line and have zero rim protection.

Man, every time Mikal has a breakout game, people expect him to continue to score at that clip. I’ll be shocked if he averages 20 ppg. He won’t need to is one reason he likely won’t. And he’s just not that aggressive to do it over a stretch of 5-6 games.

but if he can still keep d’ing up and hitting that corner three to the tune of double figures night in, night out, that’ll be fine and dandy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker says Monty Williams is our Coach of the Year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has four such games in 7 playoff games. He had 9 in the regular season.

this is why we bang on him so much in the regular season. He’s GOT THIS IN HIM. Anyone who thinks he’s just a “role playing center” is making excuses for reasons beyond me.

that said, I am LOVING what he’s bringing to the table right now. If he can continue this level of play we won’t just win the West... we might actually be able to beat that juggernaut in the East and win this whole freaking thing!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They can’t rely on Daddy Jokic when things get tough. Ayton makes him play like a wing.

Ayton was GREAT tonight and Joker wasn’t but it’s one game. In the immortal words of Winston Wolf:

Let’s not start ******* each other off, quite yet gentlemen.

Jokic did average something like 30/12/8 against us this season.

but tonight was a great start.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
this is why we bang on him so much in the regular season. He’s GOT THIS IN HIM. Anyone who thinks he’s just a “role playing center” is making excuses for reasons beyond me.

that said, I am LOVING what he’s bringing to the table right now. If he can continue this level of play we won’t just win the West... we might actually be able to beat that juggernaut in the East and win this whole freaking thing!

Ayton outplaying KD in the Finals, but still having ISSUES WITH HIS HANDS, would be fun.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ayton was GREAT tonight and Joker wasn’t but it’s one game. In the immortal words of Winston Wolf:

Even if DA outplays him ONE more time this series it will be impressive. The man is the MVP.

I don’t put much stock in Jokic’s regular season numbers: going off against Frank and whatnot. Ayton held him to 13-34 with no free throws and more turnovers than assists when he was matched up on him in the RS anyways.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man, every time Mikal has a breakout game, people expect him to continue to score at that clip. I’ll be shocked if he averages 20 ppg. He won’t need to is one reason he likely won’t. And he’s just not that aggressive to do it over a stretch of 5-6 games.

but if he can still keep d’ing up and hitting that corner three to the tune of double figures night in, night out, that’ll be fine and dandy.
Correct. Mikal and Cam seem to take turns. Sometimes they play really well at the same time. It works.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I don't remember the stats off the top of my head but Jokic did most of his damage in those games with Ayton on the bench. To me Ayton staying out of foul trouble is the biggest key to the series.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Maybe a little optimism is in order. The Suns were 8-8 when they finished the season series against Denver. They were just learning how to play together. They also played one of those games without Booker. Meanwhile the Nugs had Murray.

My fear in this series was what Porter would bring. Not afraid anymore. He puts up stats but does not play good team ball.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't remember the stats off the top of my head but Jokic did most of his damage in those games with Ayton on the bench. To me Ayton staying out of foul trouble is the biggest key to the series.

right. But he was able to do that because he put Ayton in foul trouble. But Ayton has played very very smart so far through every game of the playoffs on D. He’s got to keep that up.

also, I do think there’s a role for Dario in this series. If he can stop falling down on every play. I mean, even his three good plays... the steal that led to the Craig oop, the awkward jumper on the baseline that somehow went in and even his DUNK, he fell to the ground!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed these comments from Mike Singer who covers the Nuggets. Yes, the Suns crowd is insane!

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
right. But he was able to do that because he put Ayton in foul trouble. But Ayton has played very very smart so far through every game of the playoffs on D. He’s got to keep that up.

also, I do think there’s a role for Dario in this series. If he can stop falling down on every play. I mean, even his three good plays... the steal that led to the Craig oop, the awkward jumper on the baseline that somehow went in and even his DUNK, he fell to the ground!

That shot from the baseline/corner was bizarre, we all screamed when it magically went in.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Maybe a little optimism is in order. The Suns were 8-8 when they finished the season series against Denver. They were just learning how to play together. They also played one of those games without Booker. Meanwhile the Nugs had Murray.

My fear in this series was what Porter would bring. Not afraid anymore. He puts up stats but does not play good team ball.
Porter is way over hyped , he's got alot to like scoring wise but he brings nothing else to the table, bad defender, average at best rebounder, and doesn't help his teammates much. If he gets hot it's a problem but if he doesn't shoot lights out he's normally a negative on the court

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The good part is I didn't think Saric could dunk.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

oh, I’m optimistic. I called the series Suns in 6 back on page 1. just don’t want to start lighting victory cigars quite yet. Game 1 isn’t always the harbinger of things to come. At least not this easily.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson