Super Moderator
Reaction score

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I like him as a possible 3rd rounder. He's mocked around the 4th right now but I think he's going to rise in a not great CB class.

I think this CB class is SIGNIFICANTLY better than last years class. Okudah has a high ceiling, but after that there were a bunch of second and third round guys.

Farley has stud potential. Horn is already a pretty good corner. There are 4-5 guys that I'd be real happy getting in the first 3 rounds.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this CB class is SIGNIFICANTLY better than last years class. Okudah has a high ceiling, but after that there were a bunch of second and third round guys.

Farley has stud potential. Horn is already a pretty good corner. There are 4-5 guys that I'd be real happy getting in the first 3 rounds.

After the covid outbreak and the struggle to have a full college season, with many players having few games or opting out there will be a hard work for scout to evaluate talents
If u have a great scout department u may have a chance to get 3 quality starters with the first 3 picks
If there won't be the nfl combine it could help us

CT CARDSFAN

Veteran
Reaction score
Strengths: Ifeatu Melifonwu: great 2nd round pick

Long, physical, and extremely athletic are the three traits that describe Ifeatu Melifonwu the best. Possessing over 32” arms, a wingspan of almost 81”, Melifonwu looks the part as a press-man cover that can excel in zone as well with his athleticism and length. For a bigger corner, Ifeatu is extremely fluid in his transitions, showcases impressive long speed, and his explosiveness pops when playing the football in the air and driving downhill against the run. Speaking of the run, Melifonwu loves to get involved in run defense, and is physical when taking on wide receivers in the running game. Shows little to no tightness in his hips when flipping on inside-breaking routes, or turning and running vertically. Crowds throwing windows with excellent length, and freaky wingspan allows him to make plays on the ball even when not in ideal coverage positioning. Has some versatility in the backend, as some teams view him as a interchangeable safety with the ability to play both on the boundary and in the nickel. Competitive at the line of scrimmage and at the top of routes, leaving wide receivers little room for separation coming out of breaks. Frame will allow him to bulk up if need be, making his ceiling one of the highest in this class.

Weaknesses:

AdChoices
Won’t wow you with his instincts or anticipation when in zone. Can at times get off-balance and a bit too wide with his feet off the line, allowing receivers to win with quick releases off the ball. Still a tad raw in man coverage, but his experience playing both man and zone at Syracuse is only going to help him in the NFL. While it’s not a weakness, some scouts, and a lot of fans, are going to ding him because of who his brother is, which is unfortunate, because Ifeatu is a really talented defensive back.

Overall Summary:

While Ifeatu Melifonwu isn’t viewed as a franchise-changing player, he is going to have a very successful pro career, for a very long time. With his size, length, athletic traits, and willingness against the run, Melifonwu can fit into just about any scheme in the National Football League, but will likely find most success in a cover 1-3 heavy scheme where he can showoff his athleticism and length in zone coverage. While Melifonwu still has some developing to do in his press-man technique, there’s zero reason to believe that that area of his game can’t improve and he can’t turn into a teams CB1 in due time. When grading/evaluating Melifonwu, it’s really hard to come up with things he doesn’t do extremely well, and that’s exactly why he ended up cracking my first round grades. His physical and athletic traits, paired with his very impressive tape should have Melifonwu’s name more of a household one over the next few months.

Round Grade:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson