2020 Draft

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
We should take Okoro if for no other reason than to confuse announcers and fans whenever he and Okobo are in the game at the same time.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a really deep draft and a good draft to have two first round picks.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We might get to hear flex tonight on Arizona Sports.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bane will NEVER be ready to contribute in the NBA. Too short, slow and unathletic. His game can't and won't translate to the NBA. They already made that mistake with Ty Jerome last year. Why on God's green earth would they repeat it?

He is nowhere near as slow or unathletic as Jerome. If you can't see that I don't know what to tell you. Of course you are the same guy that said Cam sucked all season till late in the bubble so I should not be surprised at your player evaluation skills.

I do think he will be able to contribute if nothing else as a real good 3 point spot up shooter, but I don't think a backups 2 guard without great shot creation skills is a very high need for this team.

AzCards777

Rookie
Reaction score
Players i think can fit well with this team, who we have a realistic chance at drafting:

Okoro - Extreamly athletic / strong gaurd/sf who can defend. Has good form on his jumper even though he did not shoot a high % in college. Would be a good sub for Booker and maybe a future all star if he can improve his shot.

Bane - Can really shoot the ball! Ala Cam Johnson. Under rated athlete just look at this first dunk!
Another good backup for Booker off the bench. The guy can score the ball. I dont understand all the hate for this guy.

Jalen Smith - 6'10 PF/C who can block shots as well as step out and hit the 3. Very high on him.

Obviously Okongwu and OBI would be ideal but they wont be there at 10.

I hope we dont draft another 3 and D SF ...we already have 2 good ones. Anyone of the guys above I would be happy with. GO SUNS!!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a really deep draft and a good draft two have two first round picks.

I tend to agree, the more I look at it, I think there are a lot of potential solid NBA players, just very few potential top tier ones.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We might get to hear flex tonight on Arizona Sports.

Ok I can get behind this - I would like Nesmith at 10, and there are a lot of mocks with him going 15-18 now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tend to agree, the more I look at it, I think there are a lot of potential solid NBA players, just very few potential top tier ones.

Even the second round has some nice players who should have a sold NBA career.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Players i think can fit well with this team, who we have a realistic chance at drafting:

Okoro - Extreamly athletic / strong gaurd/sf who can defend. Has good form on his jumper even though he did not shoot a high % in college. Would be a good sub for Booker and maybe a future all star if he can improve his shot.

Bane - Can really shoot the ball! Ala Cam Johnson. Under rated athlete just look at this first dunk!
Another good backup for Booker off the bench. The guy can score the ball. I dont understand all the hate for this guy.

Jalen Smith - 6'10 PF/C who can block shots as well as step out and hit the 3. Very high on him.

Obviously Okongwu and OBI would be ideal but they wont be there at 10.

I hope we dont draft another 3 and D SF ...we already have 2 good ones. Anyone of the guys above I would be happy with. GO SUNS!!
I don't see a lot of difference between Bane and players we are considering at #10. He has a Marcus Smart kind of body.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't see a lot of difference between Bane and players we are considering at #10. He has a Marcus Smart kind of body.

Sorry, but even in this highlight reel, Bane looks like he is playing in quicksand.

Raindog

Reaction score
I have varying degrees of preference for the guys the Suns are being linked to, but Bane is the only one I will be irritated about them taking. I think he will be out of the league in three years.

Which of course all just means that he is a near certainty to be the guy they take.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have varying degrees of preference for the guys the Suns are being linked to, but Bane is the only one I will be irritated about them taking. I think he will be out of the league in three years.

Which of course all just means that he is a near certainty to be the guy they take.
Why? He is the type of guy a lot of teams miss. He is the Dort of this draft I think.

He is not a darling of mine, so I am really interested in why you don't like him.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Bane and Maxey are the only two that would really upset me. And I think both will be out of the league within 3 years.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns should go with

Lewis
J.Smith
Vassel
Cole Anthony

At 10

trade back

Terry
Carey
A. Naismith
T Bey

Cole Anthony is garbage - that guy is much worse than Bane IMO
10 is too early for J Smith also.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Get well! I hope you have a good situation to follow the draft.

Hopefully the Suns have a solid draft and we can talk about it.

I got ESPN and a tablet so im good. Won't be home for about 2 weeks but rehab is a bit better than a hospital bed. Appreciate the sentiments. Hope you're doing well.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
God, I hope Gambo is wrong on all fronts (or is throwing up smoke). Nothing he has been saying makes any sense at all for the Suns.

We already have Avdija in the form of Saric, and Okoro is basically Josh Jackson.

Avdija is definitely more athletic and fluid than Saric was/is and he is already more versatile than Saric was.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got ESPN and a tablet so im good. Won't be home for about 2 weeks but rehab is a bit better than a hospital bed. Appreciate the sentiments. Hope you're doing well.

I'm just enjoying the trades, draft, free agency and the season starting in December.

I'm looking at it as an early Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Raindog

Reaction score
Why? He is the type of guy a lot of teams miss. He is the Dort of this draft I think.

He is not a darling of mine, so I am really interested in why you don't like him.

He just doesn't look like a fluid athlete to me... not enough to be playing (and defending) the 2. And he can't play the 3, not with those T-Rex arms.

And factor in that he plays the least critical area of need for the Suns, and that there are a ton of other guys with more upside and versatility available in the draft for that same role. It really wouldn't be a good pick, unless it was with some secondary late first rounder... and even then, I'm not sure.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well, the Rockets just traded Ariza and #16 away, so it looks like if we trade down it won't be for PJ Tucker...thank God.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm just enjoying the trades, draft, free agency and the season starting in December.

I'm looking at it as an early Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Same here! I'm so excited for basketball to be back and that the Suns will be contenders. I plan on looking into ticket packages when I get out, I want to witness this in person. I know that will be different but I'm for it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson