2020 Draft

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Toppin, Okongwu, Haliburton, Vassell. If not trade down.

My best guess? We take Vassell. He is an Oubre type of player but a better shooter. Good defender. Can defend multiple positions. Every team needs more players like this.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Toppin, Okongwu, Haliburton, Vassell. If not trade down.

My best guess? We take Vassell. He is an Oubre type of player but a better shooter. Good defender. Can defend multiple positions. Every team needs more players like this.

Vassell always seems to be the player available at 10. He is probably a safe pick but I was hoping for a little excitement.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I hate player comparisons, but Okoro is almost a carbon copy of Jaylen Brown coming out of college.

JerkFace

Reaction score
Vassell always seems to be the player available at 10. He is probably a safe pick but I was hoping for a little excitement.

Looking at video, I think Vassell could play some power forward as well.
If one believes the Flex reports then I don’t think it will be Vassell. He is basically saying that it will either be draft a player at 10 who slipped and they didn’t expect to be there (that’s not Vassell) or trade back (I doubt Vassell lasts in a trade back).

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If one believes the Flex reports then I don’t think it will be Vassell. He is basically saying that it will either be draft a player at 10 who slipped and they didn’t expect to be there (that’s not Vassell) or trade back (I doubt Vassell lasts in a trade back).

Agree. I don't think that Vassell will be there in a trade back.

It's a little more difficult trying to align Gambadoro and Flex together.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Aaron Nesmith is being taught by Jerry Stackhouse, and they have the Chris Paul references in the show so it must be pretty new.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Don't worry we aren't picking him. They are hoping for the player to fall - which isn't him since he would not be falling, if not they are trading down and picking Bane.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't worry we aren't picking him. They are hoping for the player to fall - which isn't him since he would not be falling, if not they are trading down and picking Bane.
I think that there quite a few who think if Vassell is there at 10, its a fall. Just a matter of whose board you are looking at.

This draft is full of versatile wings in the 8-20 range. Lots of options.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I hate player comparisons, but Okoro is almost a carbon copy of Jaylen Brown coming out of college.

Reminds me more of Jimmy Butler coming out of college. Jaylen Brown was a better shooter and scorer.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It will be the most NBA ready player available when they draft. Simple.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
That's easily Haliburton, followed by Bey.
As much as you hate Bane, I think he is absolutely ready to contribute in the NBA. Though I think his ceiling is low so we should only take him if we trade back quite a ways.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
As much as you hate Bane, I think he is absolutely ready to contribute in the NBA. Though I think his ceiling is low so we should only take him if we trade back quite a ways.

Bane will NEVER be ready to contribute in the NBA. Too short, slow and unathletic. His game can't and won't translate to the NBA. They already made that mistake with Ty Jerome last year. Why on God's green earth would they repeat it?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Bane will NEVER be ready to contribute in the NBA. Too short, slow and unathletic. His game can't and won't translate to the NBA. They already made that mistake with Ty Jerome last year. Why on God's green earth would they repeat it?
He is 6'6", is an average athlete for a SG/SF, has great strength, is a smart defender and has an effortless stroke from NBA range. He will be playing at least a decent sized role on any team he gets drafted by.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hoping for vassell from fstate seems like could contribute right away

Bey looks ok...

Looks forward to draft

Cool new season starts in dec looking forward to watching chris paul with booker ayton new pick

Just no more josh Jackson's dragon benders please lmfao....

JerkFace

Reaction score
Reminds me more of Jimmy Butler coming out of college. Jaylen Brown was a better shooter and scorer.
Jaylen Brown was an awful shooter coming out of college. 29% 3P%, 43% FG, 65% FT. Probably the worse shooter out of the 3 of them. Brown was a good scorer but a lousy shooter (in college).

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So maybe a trade down coming.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Trade back there's some good players, maybe not elite, but solid role players I think further down.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He is 6'6", is an average athlete for a SG/SF, has great strength, is a smart defender and has an effortless stroke from NBA range. He will be playing at least a decent sized role on any team he gets drafted by.

He has short arms (wingspan shorter than his height), poor lateral movement, zero twitch, below average athleticism and not a particularly quick release. He won't get his shot off in the NBA, and he won't be able to defend physically (just like TyJerome, who was the smartest defender in college basketball before being drafted, couldn't). And while Bane was strong for his position in college, the strength is average in the NBA and won't be enough to make up for everything else.

Typical good college scorer who is a much better fit for Europe than for the NBA.

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
Suns should go with

Lewis
J.Smith
Vassel
Cole Anthony

At 10

trade back

Terry
Carey