2020 Draft

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by JCSunsfan, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Raindog

Raindog Registered

He does remind me of Davon Reed. In fact, Reed might have snuck into the late first round in this draft.

2. 1Sun

1Sun Registered

And busted to the point of being out of the league within 2 years...again...

3. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

The Tankathon mock has Desmond Bane going 26. It was updated a day ago.

NBA Draft Net was last updated 10-19-20.

4. GatorAZ

GatorAZ feed hopkins

Yeah Bane’s mechanics look pretty bad. I like Bane but don’t want him on the Suns.

I think Riller would an equal reach at #10 that Cam was at #11 (in real time).

5. Mainstreet

I'd be super disappointed if the Suns chose either at 10.

6. offset

offset i have a special purpose

The problem is that instead of thinking for yourself you are just a nbadraft.net parrot. That’s why over the summer you were all for drafting Carey jr at #10 because nbadraft.net had him severely overvalued, and then when they finally got around to dropping him, you stopped mentioning him. On the other side you were anti Killian Hayes because nbadraft.net had him ranked lower, but became a fan as soon as they raised him up on their mock. Nbadraft.net is a great resource, but they are famously flawed on their player rankings.

AzStevenCal likes this.
  7. 1Sun

1Sun Registered

I don't have Bane in the 60s or 70s prospect wise the way nbadraft.net does. I just don't have him in the first round, either. His ceiling, ironically enough, is as a shooting guard version of James Jones. Potentially a decent 8th or 9th guy off the bench, but we need a lot more than that, and again I have concerns with how his game will translate to the NBA.

As for Carey, I have always been looking for a good combination of size, strength and skill at the 4. The problem with him is that as I reviewed tape, I noticed a lack of athleticism and lateral movement. His game definitely won't translate to today's NBA, unless he plays center.

To my knowledge, Hayes has always been a Top 10-ish prospect everywhere, including nbadraft.net. As always, I think there could be value with him, but he is definitely a project and likely doesn't help the Suns much for at least a year or two.

8. offset

offset i have a special purpose

9. Carolinacacti

Carolinacacti Registered

Reed knee problems kept him out of the league not his talent

10. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

Agreed. If he'd have been a half step quicker he had a chance to become a star but as it was, he had borderline NBA speed and would likely never have been more than a quality player off the bench. An injury prior to the start of his rookie campaign cost him even more in the speed and hops department and that was it. I don't know if he had more injuries after that one but he was just too slow for the NBA by that time.

Despite the way it's played up now he was not a particularly bad pick at the time unless you just want to write off any player with a previous injury history. Davon had already had meniscus surgery while in college. For me though, after Bledsoe and now Reed, I've finally reached the point where I'd stay away from players with serious injury histories. That's why I'm torn on what to do with Oubre now and why I wouldn't pursue Aaron Gordon.

Raze, Carolinacacti and Mainstreet like this.
  11. 1Sun

1Sun Registered

And Bane is as slow and unathletic as post-injury Reed.

12. 1Sun

1Sun Registered

And at the time nbadraft.net had Mannion going top 10.

I have since seen further film on Hayes to convince me he is a better passer, decision maker and defender than Okobo. He is still a project, though.

13. AzStevenCal

I haven't watched much college ball this past year but if this is accurate I'd stay away from him.

14. AzStevenCal

I thought Mannion played himself off of everyone's top 10 draft list after the first week or two of the season?

15. 1Sun

1Sun Registered

nbadraft.net was slow to react.

16. Mainstreet

The Tankathon mock has Mannion going #33. For a non-subscription service, it's my favorite.