2020 Draft

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate Tweets like this.

Suns will pick said guy if guy slips to them. All my information says he won't.....except the new information that says it's possible. If the impossible scenario doesn't happen that might now be possible but may not happen? The Suns will trade back.

Really?!?! Thanks for covering all the bases for us.

I think the player is Haliburton. Also could be Okoro if Boston moves up.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ah. Suns draft day! Wild speculation and excitement all fall flat like a ball of Play Doh hitting the sidewalk.

Trying to prepare myself to be underwhelmed.

The worst day of course was when we traded out of the 7th pick and ended up having Iggy and Deng available.

Then of course, the next year, we sold the pick we got in return.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wild speculation on my part...

Leon Rose was CP3 and Booker's agent, but now runs the Knicks.

The Knicks were said to like Toppin, but recently moved up to 23 with lots of buzz they are packaging it with 8 to move up.

Maybe Rose and/or CAA was steering Toppin to the Knicks but they set their sights on someone else, and now they're trying to guide Obi to the Suns instead?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Knicks were said to like Toppin, but recently moved up to 23 with lots of buzz they are packaging it to move up.

Maybe Rose and/or CAA was steering Toppin to the Knicks but they set their sights on someone else, and now they're trying to guide Obi to the Suns instead?

I'd be thrilled but I can't see Toppin sliding that far. Let it happen!

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The Knicks were said to like Toppin, but recently moved up to 23 with lots of buzz they are packaging it with 8 to move up.

If the Knicks cannot get their guy at #8 maybe they move back to #10 to get another guy they like and pick up an extra asset from the Suns. The #8 slot would be an interesting trade up for the Suns if they want Okongwu. They would hop Washington who everyone says will take Okongwu if he is there.

It is interesting.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Knicks cannot get their guy at #8 maybe they move back to #10 to get another guy they like and pick up an extra asset from the Suns. The #8 slot would be an interesting trade up for the Suns if they want Okongwu. They would hop Washington who everyone says will take Okongwu if he is there.

It is interesting.

It would be amazing to get Okongwu. I have to wonder what the asset would be.

Knicks are always interested point guards. Maybe Cam Payne.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah. Suns draft day! Wild speculation and excitement all fall flat like a ball of Play Doh hitting the sidewalk.

Trying to prepare myself to be underwhelmed.

The worst day of course was when we traded out of the 7th pick and ended up having Iggy and Deng available.

Then of course, the next year, we sold the pick we got in return.

man... that was really bad. Can you imagine how good that Suns team would have been with Iggy? He would have eventually made Marion expendable, but before his value crashed when all we could have gotten was Shaq.

or Iggy would have just been good enough and been that missing piece, especially defensively, to get us over the Spurs huimp.

man, that was stupid.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
man... that was really bad. Can you imagine how good that Suns team would have been with Iggy? He would have eventually made Marion expendable, but before his value crashed when all we could have gotten was Shaq.

or Iggy would have just been good enough and been that missing piece, especially defensively, to get us over the Spurs huimp.

man, that was stupid.
Some of the best advice my father gave me. "Keep all your options open until you know for sure"

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

man, that was stupid.

The worst part was they only agreed to the trade because they were sure he was a lock to go top 3. Had they just waited to see how the draft unfolded they make that pick. Also his salary would have prevented us from signing Q(who was pretty much hot garbage outside a 3 week stretch) and may have been able to add a better fit.

Had to of been a real kick in the nuts to watch your guy fall but still feeling obligated to go through with the deal. Then we get screwed on the other end when GSW reneges on their deal and takes the Suns guy after thinking the trade was agreed to.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Gambo said that Avdija and Okoro are the two players that the Suns hope slide.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So Suns may be hoping the Celtics use their picks to move up near the top of the draft.

The Celtics are rumored to like Okoro.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

God, I hope Gambo is wrong on all fronts (or is throwing up smoke). Nothing he has been saying makes any sense at all for the Suns.

We already have Avdija in the form of Saric, and Okoro is basically Josh Jackson.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
God, I hope Gambo is wrong on all fronts (or is throwing up smoke). Nothing he has been saying makes any sense at all for the Suns.

We already have Avdija in the form of Saric, and Okoro is basically Josh Jackson.
There are players that I like much more, but those are lazy comparisons.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The player I always see going top 10 is Okoro. I really don't understand the pick for the Suns though.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like it is down to 9 players. :D

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Of the big men, Jalen Smith had really good measurements and he can shoot. I like Precious Achiuwa as well.

I would be okay with any of the others, even Avdija (who again is basically Saric, and The Ringer even has Saric as a comparison) and Okoro (who can't shoot at all, but where I can at least see potential comparisons to Jimmy Butler coming out of college).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson