Quinnen Williams "probably" available for a 2nd

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This seems like a good deal no? Kids is still very young. It often takes tackles time to develop in the NFL and Keim has a good record trading 2nd round picks.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This seems like a good deal no? Kids is still very young. It often takes tackles time to develop in the NFL and Keim has a good record trading 2nd round picks.

In a Heart Beat. It’s going to be a fire sale they are going to openly tank for Trevor Lawrence and then I’m going to laugh when Lawrence comes and says he won’t play for them.

you put him at end for us and it makes us so much better.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Why the heck would they do that? Jamal Adams, Lev Bell, and now Q?

Doesn't make any sense.

I would do it in a heartbeat.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
"but haven’t had a serious offer. yikes"

this says something as well

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
How is that possible - 19m cap hit for the Jets.

Someone else would get Q for 2 years/9m? Plus an optional 5th year.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely kick the tires on Jets players the way the Cardinals draft.

football karma

Reaction score
they just traded away a hall of fame caliber safety not even in his prime yet.
who is going to get a gigantic contract next year, and, who publicly made noise that we wanted out. They also got a draft pick haul

Quinnen Williams is under contract for two more years after this one. Its not like the Jets have cap issues, so paying him $7mm a year isnt that big a deal.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
who is going to get a gigantic contract next year, and, who publicly made noise that we wanted out. They also got a draft pick haul

Quinnen Williams is under contract for two more years after this one. Its not like the Jets have cap issues, so paying him $7mm a year isnt that big a deal.

Again they are legit not trying to win games.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What? Quininen Williams for a second round pick? The dude is 22 on a rookie contract.

Do It!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I must admit I take this with a pinch of salt. Quinnen is the kind of guy you keep and build on, not sell cheap.

The guys you sell are the Lev Bells, the expensive contracts or guys past their peak. Not young talented 1st round picks.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'd do it in a heartbeat...so I doubt it's for real.

I'd offer them a 4th for Crowder

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not the best DL the draft has seen in a decade or whatever he was being billed as. The fact that there aren't any other offers if that is correct is an indication of him being overhyped. I predicted him as the bust in that draft and he looks like he is going down that path. DL are the one position it shouldn't take long to develop, that would be OL.

I guess you can say NYJ aren't great at developing talent but if some part of it wasn't Williams not playing to his abilities then you would have teams lining up at the door. Is it me or is it ALA DL haven't set the league on fire? Marcell Dareus lived up to expectations and maybe Jarran Reed but injuries look to be robbing him after a 10 sack year in 2018.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

In regards to other teams..

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Not the best DL the draft has seen in a decade or whatever he was being billed as. The fact that there aren't any other offers if that is correct is an indication of him being overhyped. I predicted him as the bust in that draft and he looks like he is going down that path. DL are the one position it shouldn't take long to develop, that would be OL.

I guess you can say NYJ aren't great at developing talent but if some part of it wasn't Williams not playing to his abilities then you would have teams lining up at the door. Is it me or is it ALA DL haven't set the league on fire? Marcell Dareus lived up to expectations and maybe Jarran Reed but injuries look to be robbing him after a 10 sack year in 2018.

Marcell Dareus is only 30 and out of the league. He had a couple good years with Buffalo but outside of that he certainly didn’t live up to the 3rd overall pick

football karma

Reaction score
In regards to other teams..

Brandon Graham of the EAgles

salary is $1.4mm this year. Next year, he has a $13mm salary ( looks like its designed to make him a FA) -- so Philly is going to cut him in the offseason regardless

5 sacks this year. He is a far more of a 4-3 DE rather than a 3-4 olb 32 yrs old

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He hasn’t been generational but he’s far from a bust. He’s pretty good

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not sure about Williams, but I do feel that there will be lot more trades this year, than in years past. I base that opinion on that approaching the trade deadline, a lot of teams are still in it. And while there are a lot of good teams, there is not one great team (well, maybe KC). But, even the good teams have holes, and a trade might push a team over the line. JMO.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’ve been able to confirm Williams is available. However a team that currently figures to draft ahead of the Cards already offered a second but the offer was not accepted. Things might change as the deadline nears, but not enough for the Cards to get him with a second.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson