Larry Warford released...

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cap casualty of the saints, made 3 consecutive pro bowls. Plug in a RG?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
That would be Sweet. Another one of my University of Kentucky boys. Warford & Peters played together at Kentucky & are both from this state. He was all SEC back in the day & so was Peters.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I almost made a thread too, but I don't think so.

That said, at this point, guys like Warford and Clowney are going to play for something, right?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I almost made a thread too, but I don't think so.

That said, at this point, guys like Warford and Clowney are going to play for something, right?
Warford makes sense for teams Pittsburgh, Miami, Seattle, etc. Power blocking scheme since he’s a plodder.

Zone-blocking schemes like SF, Philly, & us, he doesn’t really fit, especially with our high usage & efficiency of screens & outside runs.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Warford makes sense for teams Pittsburgh, Miami, Seattle, etc. Power blocking scheme since he’s a plodder.

Zone-blocking schemes like SF, Philly, & us, he doesn’t really fit, especially with our high usage & efficiency of screens & outside runs.
Stop with the facts Vontel!!! just sign the guy
Lmao

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seattle has no money at all. There cutting guys and can’t afford Clowney after trading away Clark cause they couldn’t afford him

OP
OP
R

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Stop with the facts Vontel!!! just sign the guy
Lmao
Saints run both, Warford excels at both. In fact here is an educational video show just that. So yea... facts
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saints run both, Warford excels at both. In fact here is an educational video show just that. So yea... facts
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

1. These clips are from 3 years ago. C’mon guy.

2. If he “excels” at both, why did the Saints draft his replacement & couldn’t even get compensation for Warford?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

2. If he “excels” at both, why did the Saints draft his replacement & couldn’t even get compensation for Warford?

Because they knew they couldn’t afford him anymore. Not really that hard.

OP
OP
R

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score

Same reason clowney isnt signed. Money and cap space.

Saint prob could have traded him early in free agency but wanted to make sure they had a replacement option in the draft. Teams have a lot less cap space now.

Saints havent changed their offense. I would argue the majority the kamara runs are with zone blocking. Where hes averaged 5 ypc over the past 3 years along with Warford on the line.

Find it hard to believe you dont think Warford would be a massive addition to the RG spot.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Yeah, imagine a healthy Gilbert at RT and Warford at RG... WOW! That would be one physical right side. Sign me up!!!

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Same reason clowney isnt signed. Money and cap space.

Saint prob could have traded him early in free agency but wanted to make sure they had a replacement option in the draft. Teams have a lot less cap space now.

Saints havent changed their offense. I would argue the majority the kamara runs are with zone blocking. Where hes averaged 5 ypc over the past 3 years along with Warford on the line.

Find it hard to believe you dont think Warford would be a massive addition to the RG spot.

Knowing they weren’t going to have a lot of money, why did they sign the way less durable & less accomplished OL in Peat to a massive extension?

Oh, that’s right, because he’s more athletic & fits what the Saints want to run more.

No doubt in my mind that if we still ran a heavy press man system, some folks here would’ve thought Josh Norman would’ve been a great signing.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Knowing they weren’t going to have a lot of money, why did they sign the way less durable & less accomplished OL in Peat to a massive extension?

Oh, that’s right, because he’s more athletic & fits what the Saints want to run more.

No doubt in my mind that if we still ran a heavy press man system, some folks here would’ve thought Josh Norman would’ve been a great signing.

I agree but Saint's fans were heated when they re-signed him. I was for signing him but then looking at his PFF grades, dude sucks.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

so your saying every decision teams make is the right one? You know better than that.

OP
OP
R

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score

The irony of you last statement is you have been the biggest advocate of getting rid of peterson for a mid round pick, but you obviously recognize that Peterson is one of maybe 3 cbs in the entire nfl that can travel with other teams no1 wr. And no one does it more than or better peterson as noted by CB of the decade recognition.

Back to Warford, maybe he wanted an extension and they couldnt reach an agreement. Hes coming off 3 consecutive pro bowl appearances. Also, since he was in the last year of his deal, no dead money to carry in future years.

If they though the 3x consecutive pro bowler did not fit in thier system, they would have cut or trade him well before the draft. I'm pretty confident they pressured him post draft when teams have less cap space and he refused to do a deal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson