Pelicans @ Suns Thursday game thread 11-21-19

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
That's 2-5 in the last seven games. This team is trash without without Rubio. No different than last year.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Booker is a weird place right now where he is making a concentrated effort to try and not force shots and it is sapping his aggressiveness. He needs to understand that he needs to be more aggressive with his scoring if we are going to win, especially with Rubio, Baynes and Ayton out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final:

Pelicans 124 - Suns 121

Disappointing loss.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Eh, at this point just sit Rubio and Baynes until Ayton comes back and make a run then. They just can't do anything without Rubio- they look exactly like they looked last year. Give Okobo and Cam plenty of playing time, and hope things click when everyone is back.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Eh, at this point just sit Rubio and Baynes until Ayton comes back and make a run then. They just can't do anything without Rubio- they look exactly like they looked last year. Give Okobo and Cam plenty of playing time, and hope things click when everyone is back.
So tank the next 11 games? Is that what your saying?

We need those other two back on the court as soon as they can go in order to stay afloat while we wait for Ayton.

We sit those two until Ayton comes back and we might be 8 or so games under .500 by then and possibly losing the locker room at that point.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion but this los was on Monty. Ingram had picked up his 5th foul with around 8 mins left in the game and no one went after him. That's on the coaching staff.

There are problems with personnel that hurt as well. It's tough to win without your starting c, backup center and starting pg. However you have to take any advantage you can. They did not

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This Booker deferring crap has got to stop. Otherwise he is not worth his contract at all.

This was arguably his least impressive game of the season, covered much of the night by one of the best defenders in the league and had to settle for 19, 5 and 7 on decent efficiency. I'm confident that if we decide we don't want to continue overpaying him that there are 29 teams that would love to take him even if he is the 30th highest paid player.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
So tank the next 11 games? Is that what your saying?

We need those other two back on the court as soon as they can go in order to stay afloat while we wait for Ayton.

We sit those two until Ayton comes back and we might be 8 or so games under .500 by then and possibly losing the locker room at that point.

I am saying get Rubio and Baynes completely healthy. What I know about hip flexor strains, Baynes is not going be back before Ayton anyway. Back soreness doesn't go away quickly either, and it can come back if not fully healed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i won't go so far to sit them 12 more games, but def let them get healthy before they get back in there. with those guys and a healthy Ayton, they SHOULD be able to at least make a run at .500 ball, if not better.

most disappointed in Booker. he's had so many turnovers in the last seven games. if you're gonna be a SUPERstar, you have to step up in some of these games when the team is hurting.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was arguably his least impressive game of the season, covered much of the night by one of the best defenders in the league and had to settle for 19, 5 and 7 and 6 turnovers on decent efficiency. I'm confident that if we decide we don't want to continue overpaying him that there are 29 teams that would love to take him even if he is the 30th highest paid player.

didn't want you to miss a "fact".

and when you're making 30 million dollars and consider yourself a superstar, I don't care who's guarding you, a 19 point night, at home against a beatable team ain't gonna do it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's going to be hard for the Suns to right the ship anytime soon as they play the Wolves and Denver on the road Saturday and Sunday respectively.

Then they play the Wizards and Mavericks at home.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am saying get Rubio and Baynes completely healthy. What I know about hip flexor strains, Baynes is not going be back before Ayton anyway. Back soreness doesn't go away quickly either, and it can come back if not fully healed.

Okay, that makes sense. I'd certainly rather they not risk making things worse.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looking at the upcoming schedule... the next three of four are likely gonna be ugly unless we have both Rubio and Baynes back, which doesn't look likely.

I can stomach us losing to the Wolves, Nugz and Mavs, while seeking out a W against the Wiz at home without those guys, if it meant that by beginning of Dec. they're healthy for the @CHA, @ ORL @ NO three gamer where they could make up for a little lost mojo, likely lose against Houston before coming back to beat Min and Memphis. Games fall along those lines, we're probably 1 or 2 games below .500 by the time Ayton gets back.

so, no rush to get those injured dudes back on the court.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
didn't want you to miss a "fact".

and when you're making 30 million dollars and consider yourself a superstar, I don't care who's guarding you, a 19 point night, at home against a beatable team ain't gonna do it.

Jrue has made a lot of guards look bad so no, I don't buy it. As for the turnovers, I just don't know what to say. I have no explanation for it. You can tell he's trying hard to play team basketball but it would be much easier to support that if he wasn't still turning the damned ball over so often.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Glad I didn’t watch. This team has been depressing lately. Injuries to Rubio and Baynes and Ayton’s absence are rearing their ugly heads. Need to be a full strength. Confident saying that we’re no worse than a .500 team with most everyone available.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion but this los was on Monty. Ingram had picked up his 5th foul with around 8 mins left in the game and no one went after him. That's on the coaching staff.

There are problems with personnel that hurt as well. It's tough to win without your starting c, backup center and starting pg. However you have to take any advantage you can. They did not

That and Tyler Johnson should not be with the starters. He has waaaaaaaaaaaay too much hero ball in him. He played decent defense tonight but he also singlehandedly destroyed about 1 in 3 possessions on offense. I feel like he reigns himself in a lot more off the bench, probably because he knows he has a short leash, but he killed us out there tonight. Absolutely awful shot selection and he seemed to pass as a last resort. I bet he went 1 on 5 at least 4 times... those 4 possessions alone could swing the game the other way.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson