Cardinals at Bengals gameday thread 10-6-19

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Could be a blessing in disguise. Against the Bengals yea, but no coincidence we had our best offensive output with our TEs getting more plays.
I am not an NFL HC or OC, but at the NFL level, the Air Raid offense really does benefit from additional size on the field of TE vs WR, and the mismatch athletic TEs and RBs pose. TEs and RBs on LBs is one of the easiest matchups to exploit in the NFL. When you add a TE to the personnel grouping, you are causing the defense to make a choice. Do we keep a LB in the game to be able to physically stop the run, or do we bring in another S or CB to be able to matchup vs the pass. When a pass catching RB and an athletic TE are on the field, it is almost impossible to avoid having a LB on one of those players. Hopefully Kingsbury is seeing this and will push for a better TE in this offense moving forward.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At the game in Cincy I met an old school Cards fan wearing a Jim Hart Jersey. Said I was a fan since 1973. His response was I have many more years than you.

I started following the football Cardinals right after the baseball Cardinals beat the Yankees in the 1964 World Series. Sounds like that dude may have gone back to the Chicago days.

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Josh Weinfuss
@joshweinfuss

·
1m

The Cardinals ran 10 personnel -- 1 RB, 0 TE and 4 WR -- on just 13 of 71 plays Sunday against the Bengals, according to NFL Next Gen Stats. They ran 11 (3 WR) 28 times and 12 (2 WR) 22 times.
Good to see Kliff adapting to more NFL type concepts and it's working.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson