2019 Free Agency

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I did some digging on David Kramer and he's a SG, I don't understand that move. He's a camp body, I guess. We don't need more guards though. Spalding deserved a contract like Kramer got, at the least. I don't get signing these fringe players while he is left out there. He showed enough last year and in SL that he deserves the other Two-Way spot, if nothing else.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dragan Bender signs 2 year deal with Bucks.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn

Free agent F Dragan Bender has agreed to a two-year deal with the Milwaukee Bucks, league source tells ESPN. Bender, 21, was the No. 4 overall pick to Phoenix in the 2016 NBA Draft.

8:33 AM - 25 Jul 2019

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were plenty of deals being announced hours before free agency officially started. The league absolutely has to do something about this as it completely hampers any teams or agents that choose to actually play by the rules.

Exactly. These deals had to be agreed upon earlier.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Dragan Bender signs 2 year deal with Bucks.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn

Free agent F Dragan Bender has agreed to a two-year deal with the Milwaukee Bucks, league source tells ESPN. Bender, 21, was the No. 4 overall pick to Phoenix in the 2016 NBA Draft.

8:33 AM - 25 Jul 2019
That's surprising. Must be for something close to the minimum.

Actually here it is.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's surprising. Must be for something close to the minimum.

This is what I am guessing as well with a team option for the second season.

Even though it didn't work out for Bender with the Suns I still feel some regret Monty did not get a chance to work with him.

I hope he does well with the Bucks.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He has 2 solid guys to learn under in the Lopez brothers. Between them they bring a lot to the table, with Robin being an interior rim protector and Brook being an outside shooter. He's also got Coach Bud there and has some history with Bledsoe. I'd rather not see him turn the corner in Milwaukee but at least he will be in the East if he does develop.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is what I am guessing as well with a team option for the second season.

Even though it didn't work out for Bender with the Suns I still feel some regret Monty did not get a chance to work with him.

I hope he does well with the Bucks.
I regret not resigning him to a similar contract. I believe he may bloom with the Bucks.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
For me the question is, as a Suns fan, am I ever going to be intimidated by seeing Bender on an opposing roster? The answer is clearly No.
Same here. If I'm not intimidated by Eric Bledsoe being on a different roster, I'm damn sure not going to be intimidated by Bender on an opposing roster.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He seems like a really good kid. I hope he figures things out.

agreed. sometimes I think people forget that these guys aren't just basketball players... they're REAL people. Human beings with dreams just like everyone else. Hoping he doesn't turn the corner... for seemingly no personal reason whatsoever is weird to me. Unless a player trashes the team or is a scumbag, once they leave here, I wish them the best and move on.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
agreed. sometimes I think people forget that these guys aren't just basketball players... they're REAL people. Human beings with dreams just like everyone else. Hoping he doesn't turn the corner... for seemingly no personal reason whatsoever is weird to me. Unless a player trashes the team or is a scumbag, once they leave here, I wish them the best and move on.

I disagree with that. If Bender's taking up a spot on an NBA roster, that means someone else doesn't have one, because there are only so many to go around. I'm happy to send Bender positive vibes with respect to some unspecified general life fulfillment, but if he can't hack it as an NBA player, he needs to get out of the way for someone who can. And he's already made plenty of money, for being incompetent.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree with that. If Bender's taking up a spot on an NBA roster, that means someone else doesn't have one, because there are only so many to go around. I'm happy to send Bender positive vibes with respect to some unspecified general life fulfillment, but if he can't hack it as an NBA player, he needs to get out of the way for someone who can. And he's already made plenty of money, for being incompetent.

that's a lot different than saying you hope he doesn't turn a corner in his career.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Same here. If I'm not intimidated by Eric Bledsoe being on a different roster, I'm damn sure not going to be intimidated by Bender on an opposing roster.
Didn’t the suns initially have Stephen Jackson and cut him and he became a pretty damn good player? If my memory is right he’s like my forever cautionary tale with cutting young players.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn’t the suns initially have Stephen Jackson and cut him and he became a pretty damn good player? If my memory is right he’s like my forever cautionary tale with cutting young players.

i think he was drafted but never got on the roster.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep. Jermaine ONeal is another example. The question here is whether you believe more in Diallo or Bender.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I cannot think of a player who received as much playing time as Bender and looked similarly hopeless to have later pieced it together.

I think his ceiling at this point is an end of bench role player.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you figure? In the time given to him, Diallo was much more productive than Bender ever was.

could be wrong. he's going to a much better coaching staff than he ever had here which might help, but I really don't care all that much enough to argue about our 10th man.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. I wonder what the partial guarantee happens to be?
That it just about guarantees he’s getting waived right before it guarantees.

Seems like how these usually work out. I don’t know how he finds any playing time on that roster.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson