2019 Free Agency

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Add Sasha Vujacic on the comeback tour to the NBA.

Marbury, Stoudemire and (especially) a end of bench player like Vujacic... I find it funny these stories get portrayed as "X player wants to rejoin the NBA"... as though they left on their own terms.

Nah man, you left the NBA because you couldn't pass the sniff test anymore and the odds that you smell better a couple years down the road are virtually nil.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Ok. I grant you, the theoretical possibility is there but realistically, Oubre is never going to be a max money guy where the home team advantage will matter. He is a starter caliber player. He will never be a star. IMO he will be gone in two years. Both Mikal and Cam will have developed by them or maybe we will have added another SF starter level.

Projecting Cam Johnson to be better than Oubre is an enormous reach. Their difference in age is less than three months.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Projecting Cam Johnson to be better than Oubre is an enormous reach.
No way am I doing that. I honestly do not see how you even got that from my post. I just Mikal might be better than Oubre and Johnson as a quality back up may mean that we could use Oubre's money elsewhere.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Projecting Cam Johnson to be better than Oubre is an enormous reach. Their difference in age is less than three months.
I don’t think he said that. He is simply pointing out that Mikal and Cam would make him expendable by then. Don’t know that I agree with that, but it’s possible.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
No way am I doing that. I honestly do not see how you even got that from my post. I just Mikal might be better than Oubre and Johnson as a quality back up may mean that we could use Oubre's money elsewhere.

Oubre is always going to have a skill set that Johnson doesn't. It sounds like what you're really saying is that Bridges might get good enough to push Oubre out of the picture. That's possible, but it won't have anything to do with the caliber of Johnson as "the backup SF." From my perspective, the development of Johnson is 100% irrelevant to Oubre's future with the Suns.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
What an idea, signing a player at a position of real need. Why not sign another pg, we have six already. That's what McD would do.
Well we did lose 2 wings and only replaced one of them so I'd say we need atleast 3 more to make MCD proud

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There goes Trey Lyles to the Spurs. A smart signing by them. :madarms:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was surprised the Spurs wanted one of the Morrii. They normally don't go after boneheads. I know DeRozan tried to get Cousins to go there but that didn't fly. Seeing them sign Marcus instead seemed odd. I'd rather gamble on Cousins than overpay a Morrii.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm not going to reach on that either. I do believe Oubre was looking for a contract last year and not looking to pass the ball. Hopefully this year he does both.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
I'm not going to reach on that either. I do believe Oubre was looking for a contract last year and not looking to pass the ball. Hopefully this year he does both.
I thought he was an excellent team player. I didn’t see him hold the ball that much. If anything he was about the only other player outside of Book and at times Crawford who could create their own shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was surprised the Spurs wanted one of the Morrii. They normally don't go after boneheads. I know DeRozan tried to get Cousins to go there but that didn't fly. Seeing them sign Marcus instead seemed odd. I'd rather gamble on Cousins than overpay a Morrii.
Even smart guys have to learn a lesson now and then.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
1. Faried
2. Jarebko
3. Noah - Id take a flyer on him. Played well last couple months last season with Memphis. Can play the 4 or 5 with Baynes
4. Amare - workout FIRST!!! If capable, sign him and send him off to retirement with his first team.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
1. Faried
2. Jarebko
3. Noah - Id take a flyer on him.Drug test him first! Played well last couple months last season with Memphis. Can play the 4 or 5 with Baynes
4. Amare - workout FIRST!!! If capable, sign him and send him off to retirement with his first team.
:D

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tyson Chandler to the Rockets.
Hmm. Not really about Chandler here, but I do think the Westbrook/Harden Rockets will be better than the CP3/Harden Rockets. I think Westbrook can still play elite D if he is not wearing himself out trying to get double figure rebounds every night. RW, is physical enough to guard SF's in short stretches. CP3 wasn't. Westbrook can also be more effective off the ball than CP3.

If that team can add a quality forward, they might do OK.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, Rich Paul tells him that he should not take the Clippers deal "because he can get more" elsewhere, when all Richie boy was doing was trying to submarine the Clips success in order to prevent or in retribution for the Kawhi Leonard signing.

Reading between the lines here.

The problem with Rich Paul as an agent is that lesser players can never be sure if he is acting in their best interests or LeBrons. When LeBron wants them, its all good--Tristian and JR. But when he doesn't . . .

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson