OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will start with the first discussion point for everyone to fight over.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/i...-execs-unfiltered-every-team-2019-draft-class

Arizona Cardinals
For a while, the Cardinals had what one former general manager called the two best quarterbacks in the 2019 draft. Top overall pick Kyler Murray was one of them. Incumbent Cardinals starter Josh Rosen, subsequently traded to Miami for a 2019 second-round pick and a 2020 fifth-rounder, was the other.

"Murray is No. 1, hands down -- as good or better than [Baker] Mayfield," the former GM said. "But they gotta fix the offensive line in Arizona or they might get the little guy killed. Murray is not going to back down. He is going to run around to make a play, and defenses in the NFL are a little different than the Big 12."

Pick-by-pick analysis »
Kiper's grades » | McShay's best picks »
Team-by-team analysis » | Takeaways »
Best undrafted » | Fantasy reax »
More NFL draft coverage »

Most execs thought selecting Murray was an easy call even though Arizona used a first-round pick for Rosen just last year.

"Murray is a game-changer, and then [second-round cornerback Byron] Murphy is a ball hawk," a general manager said. "[Third-round defensive end] Zach Allen is very active, [second-round receiver Andy] Isabella was very productive. The late part of their draft is a bunch of free agents, in my opinion, but the early part is very intriguing."

Murray drew comparisons to Michael Vick.

"I'm intrigued by their offense," another exec said. "I like the receivers they took. Isabella was a little too rich [in the second round] but it's a gifted pick from the Rosen trade. Christian Kirk could become a huge fantasy player if they use him as a move player like Tyreek Hill or even Tarik Cohen -- a bubble screen guy where you get it in his hands."

There is one overriding concern.

"If you can't pass protect and you can't run block, I don't care who your quarterback is," an exec said. "It can be f---ing Tom Brady and you are not going to survive."

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
This the official only place for Kyler Murray news and discussions until training camp.

Posts about Murray will be deleted in other threads.

Who’s idea is this thread combining and trashing all threads from our first overall draft pick in 63 years. I don’t like it at all - moderator would punish me if I said this was stupid?

But, Could moderator punish me if I just thought it was stupid?

Because I THINK this is stupidest overbearing controlling moderator move ive seen since I was kicked off the now dead AZ - cards official board site - and came here!

We talking about the air raid required positional reads - and it got thrown into a haystack - and thrower in a field of haystacks - in a different township, section, meridian somewhere ——-

Who moderates the moderator

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who’s idea is this thread combining and trashing all threads from our first overall draft pick in 63 years. I don’t like it at all - moderator would punish me if I said this was stupid?

But, Could moderator punish me if I just thought it was stupid?

Because I THINK this is stupidest overbearing controlling moderator move ive seen since I was kicked off the now dead AZ - cards official board site - and came here!

We talking about the air raid required positional reads - and it got thrown into a haystack - and thrower in a field of haystacks - in a different township, section, meridian somewhere ——-

Who moderates the moderator

It was a board vote with the overwhelming majority wanted all the fights / discussions contained in one space rather than spread over every single other thread.

If you didn't vote, you had a week

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right now I don't believe this is long for the world.

I wont moderate other moderators

And it isn't fair to the board members to make them operate in two separate realities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson