Is Kyler Murray the answer at QB for next year and beyond?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You aren't wrong, but what part of the season you win games does matter in terms of the feeling heading into the following year.
No it doesn’t, lol.

I’ve literally seen this team end 3-2 in 2016 to not mean poo in 2017 then I seen this team end 3-3 to REALLY not mean poo in 2018.

Chargers ended last season 5-2 just to not mean anything this season.

Saints ended last season 3-3 just to not mean anything this season.

So nah, I’m not buying that at all.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You aren't wrong, but what part of the season you win games does matter in terms of the feeling heading into the following year.
Win games? I’m a Cardinals fan, rarely do I experience anything different than outlined below:)

Free Agency: who did we overpay for

Draft: what’s our haul/ufa

Post Draft: player/team analysis

Preseason: first look at the drafted

Beginning Regular Season Games: usually a lost season by half time

End of Season Games: draft positioning

End of Season: who gets fired and replaced with whom

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
No it doesn’t, lol.

I’ve literally seen this team end 3-2 in 2016 to not mean poo in 2017 then I seen this team end 3-3 to REALLY not mean poo in 2018.

Chargers ended last season 5-2 just to not mean anything this season.

Saints ended last season 3-3 just to not mean anything this season.

So nah, I’m not buying that at all.
Momentum isn't real, but building a team/guys getting better does.

There's no way to spin Ojulari/Clark/Wilson not playing much/not getting better as a good thing. The best we can say is it's Maybe Not That Bad Who Knows?

If this is a young team where you're trying to instill a winning culture/winning habits, losing your last six games is a heck of a way to show them you're making measurable progress. It's different with a veteran team playing out the string.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Literally have continued to give you guys plenty of examples as to why this isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but if you guys want to continue to bypass it & tell it to go to hell, then be my guess.
Okay. Don’t want to put you out. But fans of Atlanta, Washington, New Orleans, Las Vegas and the Giants might disagree.
The Bears, Cardinals and Pats aren’t in no man’s land and if they want they can draft a top qb.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
His fragility scares me.
I don’t rate his as fragile, though both significant injuries were to shoulders. Every QB gets hurt, that’s why all the protective rules. He’s always fully recovered. I think he’s sound enough.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Literally have continued to give you guys plenty of examples as to why this isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but if you guys want to continue to bypass it & tell it to go to hell, then be my guess.

But you are comparing the Cardinals to 4 of the most stable franchises in the NFL.

That is rarefied air and somewhere the Cardinals haven't been in 100 years.

Would be nice but we are still trying to figure out stupid crap other teams figured out a long time ago.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If this is a young team where you're trying to instill a winning culture/winning habits, losing your last six games is a heck of a way to show them you're making measurable progress. It's different with a veteran team playing out the string.
The Miami Dolphins, a pretty young team, ended the 2022 season 1-6.

They’re now in position win the AFC EAST & possibly #1 seed if stuff goes their way.

Yea….nahhhhh.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

Mostly true but how many of the players on this team will be here next year?

Saw a stat during the game the Cardinals were top 3 in most players who have played in one season (73 or something like that).

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The Miami Dolphins, a pretty young team, ended the 2022 season 1-6.

They’re now in position win the AFC EAST & possibly #1 seed if stuff goes their way.

Yea….nahhhhh.

Okay. A team that made the playoffs and stayed tough on the road vs the Buffalo Bills.

But yeah. Mostly same thing. Not like Skyler Thompson and Teddy Bridgewater were playing in any of those games!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The fact you keep repeating this is hilarious to me lmao

While it’s not 100% possible, that doesn’t mean Monti shouldn’t try to fill those holes to the best he can.
He should have tried filling more holes LAST year. That he didn't is a crime against this roster and our future.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you want to continue our method?

Does that mean we shouldn’t try?
Tell me when any of those teams ever purposely tanked an entire season to the extent we did, where we not only jettisoned a lot discernible talent, while getting nothing in return for any of them AND not adding anything, in essence taking the entire off-season off.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Starting QB Tua played in 4 of those losses btw.

Okay. And you know what? If you watch Hard Knocks, McDaniels is OBSESSED with finishing 2023 strong. He talks about it every episode.

Maybe he's only doing it for the cameras, but maybe not.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
So you want to continue our method?

Does that mean we shouldn’t try?

Means it's not that simple. Those teams have done it the right way for years and years and years.

Simply saying they got a QB later in the draft is disingenuous to our plight.

We have to get all three things right (GM, HC, and Franchise QB) for many years before we can be compared to them.

Otherwise, we will just become the Chargers.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tell me when any of those teams ever purposely tanked an entire season to the extent we did, where we not only jettisoned a lot discernible talent, while getting nothing in return for any of them AND not adding anything, in essence taking the entire off-season off.
49ers come to mind.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
He should have tried filling more holes LAST year. That he didn't is a crime against this roster and our future.

Depends on the plan.

If the plan is to draft a QB to replace Kyler - it was the correct move.

Time will tell if it was the right move.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Okay. And you know what? If you watch Hard Knocks, McDaniels is OBSESSED with finishing 2023 strong. He talks about it every episode.

Maybe he's only doing it for the cameras, but maybe not.
That’s cute & all, but what McDaniels is obsessed with is irrelevant to our discussion.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Means it's not that simple. Those teams have done it the right way for years and years and years.
You have a mean habit of dodging my questions instead of saying “Yes” or “No”.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you’re going to continue to dodge my questions like a dodgeball coming towards to you instead of fully answering then we’ll stop having real discussions.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
You’re just a waste of time. I rarely put people on ignore, but on ignore you go.

Wow.

Who on this board is saying "yes" or "no" to you?

Seems like everyone (including me) are engaging in a healthy debate/exchange of opinions.

Feel free to ignore me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedzBetz