Discussion Before Hire: Jonathan Gannon Thread

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I meant Gannon. I don’t think he’s the mcvay of defense. I want Lou.
That's what I read he's called. Ron In DC said Anarumo is 56 so that's better than 60 lol. The Anarumo Bengals defense the last 2 years against the Chiefs & Bills got stop after stop, he's my choice anyway. I read that his 2nd interview was very impressive.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Gannon did nothing special in Philly this year.
Cool story bro, Gannon did absolutely nothing, sure, except for leading the NFL in sacks, having one of the top ranked defenses in the league, and making it to the super bowl. There's this thing called the internet lol, you should check it out sometime

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Cool story bro, Gannon did absolutely nothing, sure, except for leading the NFL in sacks, having one of the top ranked defenses in the league, and making it to the super bowl. There's this thing called the internet lol, you should check it out sometime
Must be why he was such a hot commodity for promotion this past month.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gannon did more with Reddick in one season than Vance ever could have
What exactly did he have to do? By the time he got him Reddick was a known quantity and asset. It was already clear as day what he could do?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gannon's current Wikipedia:

Philadelphia Eagles[edit]​

In 2021, Gannon was hired by the Philadelphia Eagles as the team's defensive coordinator.

Gannon faced heavy criticism after the Eagles blew a ten point halftime lead and gave up 31 points to lose by a score of 38-35 in Super Bowl LVII.[5] The Eagles became just the second team in NFL history to blow a double digit lead at halftime in Super Bowl history.[5] Gannon was described as failing to adjust in the second half as the Chief's offense scored on every drive in the second half.[5] In the second half, the Eagles secondary appeared confused leaving Chief's receivers wide open at times.[5] Additionally, Gannon was criticized for staying in a soft zone the entire game allowing Chief's quarterback Patrick Mahomes to throw quick passes that prevented the Eagle's defense line from getting any pressure.[5]

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gannon's current Wikipedia:

Philadelphia Eagles[edit]​

In 2021, Gannon was hired by the Philadelphia Eagles as the team's defensive coordinator.

Gannon faced heavy criticism after the Eagles blew a ten point halftime lead and gave up 31 points to lose by a score of 38-35 in Super Bowl LVII.[5] The Eagles became just the second team in NFL history to blow a double digit lead at halftime in Super Bowl history.[5] Gannon was described as failing to adjust in the second half as the Chief's offense scored on every drive in the second half.[5] In the second half, the Eagles secondary appeared confused leaving Chief's receivers wide open at times.[5] Additionally, Gannon was criticized for staying in a soft zone the entire game allowing Chief's quarterback Patrick Mahomes to throw quick passes that prevented the Eagle's defense line from getting any pressure.[5]

LOL. "Soft zone". What every fan thinks you're running if you don't crush the receiver at the LOS.

Eagles ran man coverage 56%. Their highest of the season.

Eagles fans suck.