Discussion Before Hire: Jonathan Gannon Thread

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Eagles had no injuries and played a relatively easy schedule with little adversity. Still like Anarumo but would be okay with any of the three finalists. I'm not sitting in on the interviews so my opinion is not totally informed. :newcards:

This is a self-aware admission not shared by some on this board. Good on you. ;)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
It certainly doesn't help and I have no idea where the Raiders are going to find a QB. McDaniels moved on from Cutler and landed on Tebow. Now he is getting rid of Carr for another mystery box but this time his arrogance cost them the ability to get any compensation for his QB. Some dudes don't learn.
RN is a mess... dudes were convinced they were getting Brady for a season or two... then they were convinced Rodgers was coming to Vegas... now they are in a panic because it looks like 6 games of Jimmy G followed by nobody, lol... I wouldnt be surprised if they try to trade with Chicago come draft day.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eagles had no injuries and played a relatively easy schedule with little adversity. Still like Anarumo but would be okay with any of the three finalists. I'm not sitting in on the interviews so my opinion is not totally informed. :newcards:

Attachments

• 396E8410-2BD9-46B1-9E33-829A13F9A46F.jpeg
    396E8410-2BD9-46B1-9E33-829A13F9A46F.jpeg
    436.5 KB · Views: 24

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
how does uncle Lou match up in the same catagory?

I mean, there are platitudes... constant improvement...you can only play the teams they put in front of you,..etc...
Bengals were 19th in defensive DVOA in 2021 against the 14th-hardest schedule.

This year they were 11th against the fifth-hardest schedule.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The main question is who would be a better HC, in addition to what staff are they bringing in. Many great coordinators fail at the HC level.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Yeah the Chiefs are really good. It's the superbowl.

He held the Chiefs to 7 offensive points in the first half but people want to focus on a 2nd half where the Chiefs scored 3 TD's and one of them was a 10 yard field.

Conceivably without the fumble and the punt return the Chiefs score 24, lose by 11 and everyone is saying Gannon held the Chiefs offense.
Or KC scores 5 TDs these "if and then" answers are plain nonsense , in actual reality KC came out that 2nd half and out played that defense period. (Here comes 38 more answers from Brit on how the Philly defense didn't really lose in the SB lol)

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can Gannon bring his players with him?

Otherwise, not thrilled about him.

Indy hired the Philly Coach that was worth the promotion.

Bedwet leaves us holding the bag, again.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Or KC scores 5 TDs these "if and then" answers are plain nonsense , in actual reality KC came out that 2nd half and out played that defense period. (Here comes 38 more answers from Brit on how the Philly defense didn't really lose in the SB lol)

Now we really are getting into alternate reality and "if and then" answers.

There's nothing the defense could do about the scoop and score. There's no alternative drive there where they may have scored anyway.

So let's take the punt return. Let's say there's no big return and the Chiefs and Toney is downed at the 35. Even if the Chiefs score on that drive anyway it's going to take them 4:30 to 5 minutes like their previous 2 scores to do so. Which is their whole final field goal winning drive up in smoke (which started at 5:15).

Now, the Eagles defense was not great in the 2nd half and yes they were outplayed, but that return changed the complexion of the game. As did the scoop and score in the 1st half. Those are just facts.

There were a multitude of reasons the Eagles lost. The fumble, the punt return, awful run game and also in there somewhere a below average defensive performance in the 2nd half.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Looks like that play on the first open guy for the score, the cornerback when following him was motioning that some guy on the defense did not react accordingly leaving his original guy open, basically a busted play by a player and not a scheme flaw... thinking the safety

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like that play on the first open guy for the score, the cornerback when following him was motioning that some guy on the defense did not react accordingly leaving his original guy open, basically a busted play by a player and not a scheme flaw... thinking the safety

Yeah I said as much in the SUperbowl thread. For me this is the better way to play motion. It was just done badly by the players. The original cover man has to keep responsibility until the motion man has crossed into the coverage of the guy he's handing off too.

They can't just abdicate responsibilty while the receiver is still 10 yards away from the guy you're passing off too.

Schematically this is how I would want the Cards defense to handle motion (watching Simmons run into 2-3 players while trying to track a sweeper is painful). It was player screwups.

Last edited: