Discussion Before Hire: Jonathan Gannon Thread

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Don't let the heathenistic tendencies fool you BC. Eagles fans know football.
They are also very impulsive due to their emotive nature. I do not think they wanted him gone during the season and would imagine a lot are going to want him back when next season transpires

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There was too much speculation discussion about the guy prior and a lot of different discussion after. I think having them separate is good. Thoughts?

Prob best to keep as is and this thread will die

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Show me in that quote anything about a special gift for talent acquisition.

GMs are basically administrators who hire and fire people and run processes. Some processes naturally lead to bad or inconsistent results; some people get sidetracked by success or failure and abandon their process.

Some guys are just exceptionally gifted at managing their bosses.

I'm not sure why I should value Chris Spielman's opinion over anyone else's. The NFL is a closed system; everyone says nice things about everyone else until it's 100% certain they're gonna be out of the league forever.
Look dude, the only thing we have to go on is what others say about said candidate that is a first year guy. There's no guarantees about anything. It's my opinion, how's that? That work for you? Monti & Sears will build this team way better than it is now.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
There was too much speculation discussion about the guy prior and a lot of different discussion after. I think having them separate is good. Thoughts?
Well, then it works both ways because the other does not make sense because the thoughts were speculative without then knowing

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I would be happy if we all remember to give this new group a mulligan this first year of operation until they see what kind of QB we really have and have a little time to shape the team into what they want. That doesn't happen immediately. Give 'em a year to get the train turned around and back on the tracks before judging them.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
The Eagles would send Dan Marino packing if they lost a Super Bowl with him. Gannon as DC only had a D that got 70 something sacks in one year. The fans wanted him gone after a sackless performance. It's not comparable to here and never would be.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson