Discussion Before Hire: Jonathan Gannon Thread

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So who prevails if Bidwill wants one guy and Ossenfort wants another? Guess the guy who signs the checks, right? Then comes the rift between owner and GM or the GM and coach. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
I feel exactly like you do there but as much as we wanna think that.............none of us truly know who wants who & what's being said. I also feel like no matter whom they hire, Ossenfort & Sears are gonna change the bad drafts to a point where we'll be really competitive.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah the Chiefs are really good. It's the superbowl.

He held the Chiefs to 7 offensive points in the first half but people want to focus on a 2nd half where the Chiefs scored 3 TD's and one of them was a 10 yard field.

Conceivably without the fumble and the punt return the Chiefs score 24, lose by 11 and everyone is saying Gannon held the Chiefs offense.
Duh.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
At this point, Bidwill should just coach Cardinals as he breaks film anyway with coach and GM every Monday.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Did he get schooled? 7 of the points were a scoop and score. A further 7 were a 10 yard field on a huge punt return allowed by ST's. Who's stopping Reid/Mahomes on a 10 yard field?
When you get beat in an uncontested fashion by the same play, just on the opposite sides of the field, I call that schooled. I guess it depends on your definition

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
However, this game was dominated by the Chiefs' offensive line.

Where was the vaunted Philly pass rush?

Both defensive lines were slipping all game. Made the o-lines job much easier.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Those two plays were horrendous failures in the secondary, but do you do you make a coaching hire decision on the basis of two plays? I think you have to look at the body of work over the entire season. Saying this, it's really hard to get those two plays out of my head.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yeah the Chiefs are really good. It's the superbowl.

He held the Chiefs to 7 offensive points in the first half but people want to focus on a 2nd half where the Chiefs scored 3 TD's and one of them was a 10 yard field.

Conceivably without the fumble and the punt return the Chiefs score 24, lose by 11 and everyone is saying Gannon held the Chiefs offense.
I agree, and alternate timeline where things happened the opposite of how they occurred in ours would be viewed quieter differently.

Keen insight.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Those two plays were horrendous failures in the secondary, but do you do you make a coaching hire decision on the basis of two plays? I think you have to look at the body of work over the entire season. Saying this, it's really hard to get those two plays out of my head.
No you don’t, but it will be asked without question. He wasn’t the first guy Reid has embarrassed.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Apparently, the NFL had been growing that grass since May of 21 and couldn't get it right.
Yes. I think they even did some hybrid, or tried something new. Whatever it was, it certainly limited a lot of pass rush.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree, and alternate timeline where things happened the opposite of how they occurred in ours would be viewed quieter differently.

Keen insight.

It's not an alternative timeline. It's the way they actually happened from Gannon's perspective considering he has no control over offensive fumbles or special teams.

I don't think the Eagles D was good in the 2nd half but I find it weird that fans are talking about the game as if the fumble and punt return didn't happen. I'm seeing a lot of "Hurts was great" which he was, he had to be because their run game sucked, but he also dropped the ball and gave away 7.

I think the Eagles fan base is pushing this onto Gannon because they think he's leaving. Better to just pretend it was that and not all the other major flaws that remain.

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's not an alternative timeline. It's the way they actually happened from Gannon's perspective considering he has no control over offensive fumbles or special teams.

Interestingly, after the game, I remembered one of the pundits in the lead-up pointing out that Philly's special teams were relatively weak.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hurts? Lol

Right? I like Hurts and he had an otherwise very good game. But I feel like had any other QB bar of soaped the football for a scoop and score which was the difference between winning and losing we would be hearing more about it.

Instead it's the defense that game up 3 TD's and a FG all game when not given a 5 yard field to defend.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well if it's anything like twitter, Gannon is getting lit up like a Christmas tree. Philly fans are begging in the Cardinals to take him. It's basically the exact opposite of Bengals fans.

Eagles fans just read yesterday he's leaving. Who would you blame? The guy leaving or the guys staying?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA