Kingsbury and Keim get contract extensions

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The first year I don't accept because you have to account for the teams the Cardinals actually played. They opened with a relatively easier schedule and after the mid point, that schedule was really tough, especially considering they were a team with the #1 overall pick.

Looking at just the numbers doesn't tell the story at all.
Lol. Okay so your overall argument about kliff over his entire career (because you used the same argument with his coaching career) is that he can beat the cupcakes but he better not play good teams. And all the good teams in his career have been front loaded in literally every college and pro season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Nope you haven't convinced me, and from looking at the data with more than just raw numbers, I saw the actual cause. I'm less convinced by those arguments the more I look at each season.

"Excuse"

Trying to be a jerk by calling it that? Wrong side of the bed today LOL? I guess I have a sense of justice that I at least want to see some accuracy it what people are saying.
Nah, just calling it like I see it. If you want me to refer to it as your “reasoning” I’m okay with that too. Still doesn’t change the fact that his teams have slid in the back half of every season he’s ever been a head coach at any level.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Lol. Okay so your overall argument about kliff over his entire career (because you used the same argument with his coaching career) is that he can beat the cupcakes but he better not play good teams. And all the good teams in his career have been front loaded in literally every college and pro season.
Nope. Words in my mouth. He has beaten a number of good teams.

College that was definitely the case, but for some reason you can't grasp the difference in talent between blue blood college teams and second rate college teams vs the NFL.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Nah, just calling it like I see it. If you want me to refer to it as your “reasoning” I’m okay with that too. Still doesn’t change the fact that his teams have slid in the back half of every season he’s ever been a head coach at any level.
Correlation doesn't mean causation. Show me how this is true. Show me how his coaching directly caused this. You make the claim, back it up.

In the most recent season, the Cardinals were in position to win nearly every game at the end of the year. Coaching does that. Poor QB play in crunch time was a huge culprit.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Nope. Words in my mouth. He has beaten a number of good teams.

College that was definitely the case, but for some reason you can't grasp the difference in talent between blue blood college teams and second rate college teams vs the NFL.
Yes I can’t grasp it. Wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Correlation doesn't mean causation. Show me how this is true. Show me how his coaching directly caused this. You make the claim, back it up.

In the most recent season, the Cardinals were in position to win nearly every game at the end of the year. Coaching does that. Poor QB play in crunch time was a huge culprit.
It may not mean it, but your neither does that statement refute it. Until it’s not his pattern, it is his pattern.

And anyone can easily reverse your second paragraph. Good plays by the players can have teams in a game and poor coaching can lose it.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
It's relative and 5-8-11 argues, yes.
Relative to what? He has a long track record of failure in free agency, failure in the draft, and his only trick has been a couple effective trades. (Chan a no doubt W, Nuk...well, hopefully he earns his almost 30M this year)

There is no objective measure that would say that he's done a good job, or better than half of the GM's during his tenure. He has 1 playoff win in 9 years! Results matter, and Keim has been below average at pretty much everything a GM is supposed to do.

On top of that, who is leaving the organization happy these days? Do you think he manages our stars and big name players effectively? How about his pathetic personal behavior?

Look at our roster! It's full of holes, with no cap space. It's stunning that anyone can look at our current situation and say the GM did a good job. Keim's problems are all of his own creation, and giving him a 5 year extension beyond comprehension.

I can't wait until next week when we start dumping Keim's big time FA acquisitions...who will be first? Kennard? Phillips?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Relative to what? He has a long track record of failure in free agency, failure in the draft, and his only trick has been a couple effective trades. (Chan a no doubt W, Nuk...well, hopefully he earns his almost 30M this year)

There is no objective measure that would say that he's done a good job, or better than half of the GM's during his tenure. He has 1 playoff win in 9 years! Results matter, and Keim has been below average at pretty much everything a GM is supposed to do.

On top of that, who is leaving the organization happy these days? Do you think he manages our stars and big name players effectively? How about his pathetic personal behavior?

Look at our roster! It's full of holes, with no cap space. It's stunning that anyone can look at our current situation and say the GM did a good job. Keim's problems are all of his own creation, and giving him a 5 year extension beyond comprehension.

I can't wait until next week when we start dumping Keim's big time FA acquisitions...who will be first? Kennard? Phillips?

Relax! Nobody here needs a history lesson.

The exchange was addressing the improvement over the period following the arrival of KK & KM.

It's nowhere near as dire as you say with or without exclamation marks, and Keim's extension is well within the comprehension of the guy who signs the million-dollar cheques.

There are a number of insightful posts on what can be done to increase our Cap availability going to Free Agency.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Relax! Nobody here needs a history lesson.

The exchange was addressing the improvement over the period following the arrival of KK & KM.

It's nowhere near as dire as you say with or without exclamation marks, and Keim's extension is well within the comprehension of the guy who signs the million-dollar cheques.

There are a number of insightful posts on what can be done to increase our Cap availability going to Free Agency.
You're right, everything's good man! Can't wait for our big FA moves, and Keim playing the draft like a fiddle! :koolaid:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last year, how many people on here were hoping for 11 wins? Please, no, “yeah, but’s”.
Yes but the appetite comes with eating
The season started in one way and our expectations changed
For example
U can win 200k in trading but if u lose all of them in the following investment how would u feel?
Im exaggerating but almost everything good was canceled in the horrible final stretch

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It's relative and 5-8-11 argues, yes.
Relative to the rest of the league...no.

10, 11, 13, 7, 8, 3, 5, 8, 11 argues meh. No playoff wins argues meh. One division title argues argues meh. Multiple bust FA signings equals meh. Multiple 1st round busts equals meh.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Relative to the rest of the league...no.

10, 11, 13, 7, 8, 3, 5, 8, 11 argues meh. No playoff wins argues meh. One division title argues argues meh. Multiple bust FA signings equals meh. Multiple 1st round busts equals meh.

Give it a rest and join us in the present, which is the KM, KK and Keim combination and 5-year extensions to the GM & HC.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wasn't one of the .500 or under prediction people last season, I actually thought we would win at least 10 games. After what I witnessed to end the season, the salary cap issues, the team's on the 2022 schedule, no way I'm thinking we're above .500 in 2022.
It is too soon for me to guess what our overall record will be at seasons end. Just my two cents.:)

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Give it a rest and join us in the present, which is the KM, KK and Keim combination and 5-year extensions to the GM & HC.
The present? Let's take a look at the present.

QB - unproven and demanding an extension
RB - ?
WR - Nuk (handsomely paid), Moore (gadget player) and NOTHING
TE - ?
OL - average at best

DL - laughable
LB - ????
Corners - ??
Safeties - a strength!

We're riding a streak of losing 5 of our 6 games, culminating with a total humiliation in the playoffs. We're already guaranteed to lose our top pass rusher, and we have cuts to make to fill the gaping holes that exist. On top of that we have a GM that consistently fails in FA and the draft, so barring a miraculous turn of form, he'll probably bungle FA the draft again.

Of course you'll never come up with any argument or defense of that, you'll just personally attack posters because there is no case to be made that Keim is effective in FA or the draft, THE TWO MOST IMPORTANT PARTS OF HIS JOB.

But cheers to your 5 year extensions for people who definitely don't deserve it, and are likely to carry on a tradition of mediocrity and falling apart when it matters. Certainly worth celebrating!

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The present? Let's take a look at the present.

QB - unproven and demanding an extension
RB - ?
WR - Nuk (handsomely paid), Moore (gadget player) and NOTHING
TE - ?
OL - average at best

DL - laughable
LB - ????
Corners - ??
Safeties - a strength!

We're riding a streak of losing 5 of our 6 games, culminating with a total humiliation in the playoffs. We're already guaranteed to lose our top pass rusher, and we have cuts to make to fill the gaping holes that exist. On top of that we have a GM that consistently fails in FA and the draft, so barring a miraculous turn of form, he'll probably bungle FA the draft again.

Of course you'll never come up with any argument or defense of that, you'll just personally attack posters because there is no case to be made that Keim is effective in FA or the draft, THE TWO MOST IMPORTANT PARTS OF HIS JOB.

But cheers to your 5 year extensions for people who definitely don't deserve it, and are likely to carry on a tradition of mediocrity and falling apart when it matters. Certainly worth celebrating!

A young 'unproven' QB who has generated 90 TDs and improved from year one to three. RB and TE positions, which will be filled as it is every season and an O-line that is serviceable and subject to improvement through experience with each other and possible additions. The last point, experience and additions, applies also to the defence.

I don't 'attack' posters, simply question the doom and gloom about a future they and you can possibly foresee.

Relax! The offseason is about hope, not gnashing teeth about what could have been.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard