Cardinals @ Seahawks postgame thread

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
What if, Russell Wilson is actually content and happy to stay in Seattle, if Pete Carroll is the one jettisoned???
i dont think thats a conspiracy theory

maybe a bit more pragmatic: the SEA FO gets Russ to buy in by getting a new HC in the McVay / Shanahan / KK mold

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I thought the coaching job was the best of the season. V.J. made some solid adjustments at half time to fix the horrible first half run defense. The special teams coach switched out Eno for Rondale after Eno 'tried to be a hero' by running one out of the end zone with end result of being inside the 10-yard-line. And with the exception of one horrible play call which almost resulted in a safety, Kingsbury was one step ahead of Seattle all day.

If there was a game for Matt Prater to stumble, this was it. Hopefully they spend the bye with the new long snapper getting it fixed.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The slow death of the Seattle Seahawks has been fun to watch. 5 years ago they dominated most of their opponents, last year they barely beat everybody, now they likely have a losing record.

Their formula hasn't really worked for years and they have been getting by on Russell Wilson magic. Now Russell isn't good enough to overcome they complete and total incompetence.

football karma

Reaction score
The slow death of the Seattle Seahawks has been fun to watch.
i think there is much to be said about how a QBs big contract eliminates pretty much all margin for error in the FO

Schneider has had too many swings and misses in the last four years -- with the latest being Jamaal Adams

picks plus the the contract for a box safety that really struggles in coverage........

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
The Cards played a very solid game. Seattle isn't as good so the Cards did what they needed to do with or without Murray. In an odd sort of way, I'm wondering if K1 learned a little watching McCoy and the coaching run the offense. You don't have to run around like a wild man or throw a 65 mph heater every play. Of course you want K1 to play his dual threat game. Murray is gradually getting better at planned plays in the pocket while being able to get away if the play breaks down. Colt showed the value of methodical drives, well timed throws, checked into good running plays.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah, doom and gloomers this week weren't exactly predicting something far-fetched. Thankfully, those predictions were incorrect. Now recall that I didn't ;) insult you after the Carolina debacle, sir ;)
I don’t understand the koolaiders need to “told you so.” Like you said, virtually never happens in the reverse.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I don’t understand the koolaiders need to “told you so.” Like you said, virtually never happens in the reverse.
Right? Woe betide the darksider that tells the koolaider "I told you so" after a bad loss. OTOH, it's practically fashionable to pile on a darksider who is wrong (and happily so) about the team.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right? Woe betide the darksider that tells the koolaider "I told you so" after a bad loss. OTOH, it's practically fashionable to pile on a darksider who is wrong (and happily so) about the team.
I mean, I think it’s gets kind of tiring from folks that you continuously crap on any glimmer of hope that others may have, lol. There’s a reason you’re really the only “darksider” that continues to get piled on.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I mean, I think it’s gets kind of tiring from folks that you continuously crap on any glimmer of hope that others may have, lol. There’s a reason you’re really the only “darksider” that continues to get piled on.
You know what’s funny?

A) he’s one guy. He’s a long time, content-based, poster. He talks football. He doesn’t crap on “hope” he talks about players, coaches, GMs, games, scenarios. In other words, exactly what ASFN was created for.
B) it’s his opinion. He’s entitled to it.
C) If it’s really that tiring to you, put him on ignore. It’s entirely your prerogative to ignore him or not read him instead of attacking him. Your call about whom you wish to be.
D) it’s much more tiring reading non-football “Nah nah you were wrong” personal attacks on days when everyone should just be happy. But I guess pettiness is just an inherent part of some people’s personalities.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You know what’s funny?

A) he’s one guy. He’s a long time, content-based, poster. He talks football. He doesn’t crap on “hope” he talks about players, coaches, GMs, games, scenarios. In other words, exactly what ASFN was created for.
B) it’s his opinion. He’s entitled to it.
C) If it’s really that tiring to you, put him on ignore. It’s entirely your prerogative to ignore him or not read him instead of attacking him. Your call about whom you wish to be.
D) it’s much more tiring reading non-football “Nah nah you were wrong” personal attacks on days when everyone should just be happy. But I guess pettiness is just an inherent part of some people’s personalities.
He’s a grown ass man, Ouchie, you can stop defending him. He can speak for himself.

I don’t have a problem with him, at least not anymore.

There’s darksiders & super optimists, & that’s great. We need both. However, despite all the darksiders here, he’s the one that routinely gets attacked the most. Really, the only one. You don’t think that’s by accident? He’s entitled to his opinion just like the people that he bumps heads with. AFSN was also created for those posters as well.

It’s tiring when there’s being overly optimistic when there’s really no reason to while also crapping on optimism when there’s really no reason to.

football karma

Reaction score
a pretty solid all around win

i was certain when the game closed to 3 points late that Prater's misses would cost the team

but they responded with a fantastic drive -- one capped off by an Eno Benjamin TD cancelled by a Cardinal TO, a super close TD catch by Kirk overruled on review and then they finally finished it off

on a bigger note: that Carolina game could have taken the season in a couple different directions. Either it was a fluke, or, a warning sign on the formula to beat the Cards

its looking a bit more fluke like

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He’s a grown ass man, Ouchie, you can stop defending him. He can speak for himself.

I don’t have a problem with him, at least not anymore.

There’s darksiders & super optimists, & that’s great. We need both. However, despite all the darksiders here, he’s the one that routinely gets attacked the most. Really, the only one. You don’t think that’s by accident? He’s entitled to his opinion just like the people that he bumps heads with. AFSN was also created for those posters as well.

It’s tiring when there’s being overly optimistic when there’s really no reason to while also crapping on optimism when there’s really no reason to.
It’s not so much as defending him as it is crusading against the constant attacks on posters. And the arguments invariably begin in a single direction.

And again, it’s almost never “crapping in optimism” it’s specific takes - football takes - that are relevant to this board. Just because they aren’t optimistic or you may not agree with them doesn’t make them crapping in optimism. He’s not saying “don’t be optimistic.” He’s saying things like “colt is a backup and sucked last week so I don’t think he will be good this week.” That’s just 100% a football take and an opinion no matter how hard you try to cast it as something else.

And yeah others are entitled to their opinion too. He disagrees with their football opinion and states so. He doesn’t attack their fandom, or do the time you so, or “you’re a fool” that he gets in response so don’t float the “it goes both ways” argument because it fails miserably here.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s not so much as defending him as it is crusading against the constant attacks on posters. And the arguments invariably begin in a single direction.

And again, it’s almost never “crapping in optimism” it’s specific takes - football takes - that are relevant to this board. Just because they aren’t optimistic or you may not agree with them doesn’t make them crapping in optimism. He’s not saying “don’t be optimistic.” He’s saying things like “colt is a backup and sucked last week so I don’t think he will be good this week.” That’s just 100% a football take and an opinion no matter how hard you try to cast it as something else.

And yeah others are entitled to their opinion too. He disagrees with their football opinion and states so. He doesn’t attack their fandom, or do the time you so, or “you’re a fool” that he gets in response so don’t float the “it goes both ways” argument because it fails miserably here.
Well, when one poster is constantly is in the minds of multiple posters, then maybe there’s a huge problem there with both sides.

But anyways, I like 95% of you guys on this forum, we just won a divisional game on the road with our backup QB for the 2nd time. We’re on a bye. Thanksgiving is near. It’s gonna be a great week with a great time with our families. Lets enjoy this.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So funny…9-2, top seed, 4-0 in the division but,
Is Kyler a wuss
Collins in a bum
Dump Jones
We can’t stop the run
He’s a kool-aider
He’s a darksider
Nah nah, you were wrong
Ha ha I was right

Come on dudes! Jump on the happy train!

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can never remember a team at 9-2, with the best record in the league, getting so little shine in my life.

Sportscenter doesn’t get to us until 58 minutes into the hour and gives us like 60 seconds. The refrain I continue to hear is “Anyone good this year?” We are flat out dominating people on the road, on pace for what would be a 13-3 season before this year and doing that all with injuries and Covid up the wazoo.

And I’m good with it. Let everyone keep underestimating this team (something I’m guilty of as well!). Gives them a chip on their shoulder, which is needed to put last years collapse fully in the rear view mirror.

football karma

Reaction score
Oddball Question:

so after the Cards scored to take a 10 point lead with ~2 mins left, Cards hold the Seahawks on 4th down and take over deep in SEA territory with 1:15 or so left. Cards kneel ........ and Pete Carrol uses his timeouts.

so fast forward and the CArds punt it to SEA with 16 secs left or so. SEA just hands it off to end the game

my question: Why would Carroll use two timeouts to get the ball back only to hand it off in his one play?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can never remember a team at 9-2, with the best record in the league, getting so little shine in my life.

Sportscenter doesn’t get to us until 58 minutes into the hour and gives us like 60 seconds. The refrain I continue to hear is “Anyone good this year?” We are flat out dominating people on the road, on pace for what would be a 13-3 season before this year and doing that all with injuries and Covid up the wazoo.

And I’m good with it. Let everyone keep underestimating this team (something I’m guilty of as well!). Gives them a chip on their shoulder, which is needed to put last years collapse fully in the rear view mirror.
Three weeks The guys on Sunday morning nfl network all picked the 49ers. Last week they all picked the Cardinals over the Panthers. This week the “experts” all picked Seattle.
They are not any smarter than any of us.