LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Me whenever Kingsbury and Cards lose :

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If people want to say not play well enough fine. However we literally almost scored 3 straight TDs when going against the Packers.

We probably tie the game up if not for a Hopkins drop.

Irony is Cards fans will surely will be the biggest front runners on this forum if we win out. lol

Nah this isn't just being down after a loss.

This game highlighted major flaws we all knew were there that playoff caliber teams will exploit. Even without the mental toughness questions about being able to perform under pressure there are several areas this team are lacking in.

We are a good team. We might even win out, I doubt it, but we might. I still don't think that would make us contenders.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
This is one of the issues. Totally owned in the trenches on Monday. O line sucked both ways (only 2.4 YPC per carry for Conner, stupid penalties, couldn't pass block) and our D line was just manhandled.

Yeah, that's why we shouldn't be too hard on Kliff's offensive game plan, or K1s play outside of the interceptions. Zero help from the oline.

Also, not going to get after the secondary too much either They were hung out to dry so to speak.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, that's why we shouldn't be too hard on Kliff's offensive game plan, or K1s play outside of the interceptions. Zero help from the oline.

Also, not going to get after the secondary too much either They were hung out to dry so to speak.

To illustrate this point...

I don't know why you wouldn't just change the play to run to the left here. You have Nuk and Hump 1 vs 1. The MLB is way to the center. Murray could have run 1 yard and back 5 times.

Hell looking at that you don't have to be Belichick to see how you can house it there, or at least pick up huge yardage before 33 can get across.

Have Harlow keep 91 inside. Hump block his man outside and all you have to do it outrun Ernest Jones or get Hudson out there.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Kliff has to see that and adapt by giving them help. So yeah, that’s part of the offensive game plan - adapting when necessary.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yet you conveniently forget we would play one less game if we were the #1 seed. There is no arguing that playing 2 games to get into the SB is an easier path than playing 3. Don't be that guy.
Last time the Cards went to the Super Bowl was when we beat 2 teams on the road and one at home. I am much more. I am more confidant about 3 away games then 2 home games

Reaction score
Still gotta disagree with you there though. I see what you're saying but he doesn't have the speed he once had. He crashed down yes & i think that's him on the right hand side? When he got to the peak of his "crash down" if you will, he was now flat footed & Kyler could've beat him to the marker imo.
I agree. If Kyler keeps it & goes right he can definitely make it to the 1st down marker & out of bounds before a defender reaches him. Miller isn't going to catch him. Sooner's gif shows that Miller is too far inside & flatfooted like you said & if Kyler keeps it he can easily get the 1st down. So it appears imho.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree. If Kyler keeps it & goes right he can definitely make it to the 1st down marker & out of bounds before a defender reaches him. Miller isn't going to catch him. Sooner's gif shows that Miller is too far inside & flatfooted like you said & if Kyler keeps it he can easily get the 1st down. So it appears imho.
100% agree

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To me so much of it is luck. Are they healthy come January? Did they draw the right matchup? Tampa got to play WA with Heinicke in Rd 1 last year.

Everyone thought the Rams were dead and now they are suddenly a dark horse. The NFL is a week-to-week proposition.

They’ve got some big time playoff-like games still on the schedule (Dallas & Indy) in which I think they can still draw a ton of experience from before having to actually play in a real playoff game.

And I think there could be truth to the fact that Kyler is still rusty from his time off. Again, I’m not claiming they are going to the Super Bowl as of today, but I think they are still capable.
Before the Cardinals run to the SB, we were declared the worst playoff team ever. And on paper, we probably were. Everyone said that you just CANNOT flip the switch & suddenly start playing well again. Well, we managed to do just that. And this team is arguably far more talented overall than the 2008 team. Do I think we’ll win the SB this year? No I don’t. Could we win the SB this year? Sure. Once you make the playoffs, anything is possible. Secure a playoff spot & then we’ll talk.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

The problem with Kyler (and Kliff, to an extent) is that he's SO DEPENDENT on the game script. He's a total front-runner where if you go up 10 points on the opponent he's going to slam the door on them and it's basically over. These dogfights or games where he goes down two scores... he doesn't know what to do.

You have to hope it comes with more experience. There's no other way it's going to arrive. His nifty move at the end of the first half was amazing though.
Seems to me that the Cardinals have learned to win when they start fast & get a lead. They haven’t quite learned how to win when the opposite happens. Is it possible they will? Sure it is. But, that just doesn’t happen overnight. It takes a lot of energy to rally from 2-3 scores down & then even more energy to complete the rally & finish the job. Cardinals have rallied, then NOT completed the task. But, that is what happens more time than not in the NFL. Teams catch up & then can’t seem to keep the momentum. They lose their focus for a second & it results in a loss. It appears that’s where the Cardinals are in their maturation process. But, it doesn’t mean they have to stay there.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Before the Cardinals run to the SB, we were declared the worst playoff team ever. And on paper, we probably were. Everyone said that you just CANNOT flip the switch & suddenly start playing well again. Well, we managed to do just that. And this team is arguably far more talented overall than the 2008 team. Do I think we’ll win the SB this year? No I don’t. Could we win the SB this year? Sure. Once you make the playoffs, anything is possible. Secure a playoff spot & then we’ll talk.
That team also had a tremendous X factor with a super bowl experienced Warner leading the way.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To illustrate this point...

I don't know why you wouldn't just change the play to run to the left here. You have Nuk and Hump 1 vs 1. The MLB is way to the center. Murray could have run 1 yard and back 5 times.

Hell looking at that you don't have to be Belichick to see how you can house it there, or at least pick up huge yardage before 33 can get across.

Have Harlow keep 91 inside. Hump block his man outside and all you have to do it outrun Ernest Jones or get Hudson out there.

I actually think he got that, initially he didn't but second effort from the side angle it looked like the ball got to the needed line but we didn't get it and IIRC didn't challenge