Cardinals @ Seahawks postgame thread

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Going 2-1 with your backup with 2 of them being your divisional rivals on the road is yummy. No Hop, Pugh, & Edmonds either.

Defense played lights out.

Another dominating win on the ROAD.

Prater has to get it together.

Luckily, we’re on a bye.
Prater will be ok... He's the first kicker we've had..... that I don't automatically have a small panic attack every time he kicks.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
5 starters out today, Murray, Hopkins, Pugh, Edmonds and I'm stretching it with Maxx since if we had him now, Ertz would still be starting.

Pretty impressive

My biggest concern going forward is the long snapping/kick game and the low snaps by Hudson

Low/high/off-target snaps all year, by 3 different centers.... Definitely needs a hell of a lot more attention during practice....
I first noticed it after Hudson went out with the injury... But to see it still happening when he returned is cause for concern.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm old enough to remember when people said we had a 0% chance of winning with McCoy at the Seahawks...

I thought the Cardinals played very well. I also think the Seahawks made it easy for them by absolutely sucking on both sides of the ball.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Have we heard anything regarding Justin Murray? Surely he is our starting RG when healthy?

They designated him to return some weeks ago then he had a set back. He has to come off IR in the next few days now or he's out for the season.

If you designate a player to come off IR and you don't activate him in that window that's it. You don't get another shot.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kelvin Beachum would be one relieved man. Gave away a silly penalty at a crucial time.

I liked the special comments guy Jonathan Vilma. The main caller kept trying to paint a picture of a Controversial Call Against The Seahawks!!! but Vilma calmly put him in his place each time. "Nah, it's clearly a flag" and explained why.

Thought the refs were good too for once. D Hop would wish he played now given they actually were calling DPI

Thought we played a smart game. No silly turnovers. Only a handful of futile sideways plays. Kept our time-outs for when it mattered. Short passes with little chance of being turned over aside from that one near pick we got lucky with. D stopped the run after Collins was looking dangerous early. Save for a handful of dropped passes and some rare Prater wobbles and it was a clinical performance.

Important response to last week.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seattle vrs Washington is next week's MNF.

What an awful and meaningless prime time game

The TV networks really screwed up the schedule this year. A lot of the prime time games have been garbage teams. It always happens to some extent but seems more so this year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This was a huge season defining win going into the bye. Winning a division game on the road with a backup QB and a bunch of other injuries is a real tone setter.

Had we gone in 1-3 in the last 4 games with a loss to the Seahawks that's a lot of negativity to ruminate for 2 weeks.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Going 2-1 with your backup with 2 of them being your divisional rivals on the road is yummy. No Hop, Pugh, & Edmonds either.

Defense played lights out.

Another dominating win on the ROAD.

Prater has to get it together.

Luckily, we’re on a bye.
Doing this is freaking massive.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another disappointing loss has left Seahawks coach Pete Carroll more frustrated than he has ever been in 11-and-a-half seasons in Seattle. He admitted as much Sunday after cutting his news conference short before returning later to answer more questions.

The odd postgame scene followed Seattle's 23-13 loss to the Arizona Cardinals at Lumen Field. The defeat dropped the Seahawks to 3-7, marking the first time since 2011 and only the second time in Carroll's tenure that they've been four games under .500.

This game got to him

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You'd eat less crow if you remembered Elvis' immortal words: 'Fools rush in where wise men never go'. ;)
Yeah, doom and gloomers this week weren't exactly predicting something far-fetched. Thankfully, those predictions were incorrect. Now recall that I didn't ;) insult you after the Carolina debacle, sir ;)

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Okay so I'm going to go full-blown conspiracy theory here... So You have been warned. Lol

It's absolutely no secret that Russell Wilson wants out of Seattle, because he feels the organization and/or Pete Carroll aren't doing enough to support him and his style of play.

What if, Russell Wilson is actually content and happy to stay in Seattle, if Pete Carroll is the one jettisoned???

The more I sit back and think about this game, especially the first half, the more it reminds me of the Green Bay game in 2018, where the Cardinals won and had no business doing so. It was widely known before that game, that Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy were barely co-existing.. And it seemed pretty apparent that Rodgers pretty much called the plays in the huddle exactly as they were given to him, with no audibles, or few audibles, Just to prove a point that Mike McCarthy's offense was stale and stagnant and could no longer win consistently in Green Bay. After that stunning lost to Arizona, Mike McCarthy was soon fired. When I look back at yesterday's first half, it seemed so inexplicable that Wilson barely through the ball... At the halftime the talking heads on TV basically thought that his finger was obviously still hurting and maybe he should even be playing, but then he comes out in the second half and is able to drop that 40 yard bomb to Tyler Locket, Plus a few other really nice throws. That tells me that maybe his finger wasn't hurting and that maybe he was 100% playing within the confines of the plays that were being sent into him, with little audibling at the line of scrimmage... Maybe just to do like Aaron Rodgers did and prove a point.

Pete Carroll was admittedly frustrated about the loss and definitely showed it and made it 100% known at the press conference. Maybe his frustration has more to do with how Russell Wilson played with in the offense... And that maybe he knows that he has lost, or is losing the locker room.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The laces were clearly in on that last kick. I literally yelled at the TV, “laces out Marino.”
Prater definitely needs practice with the new long snapper. His timing seems off. Perfect time for a bye week for both of them. I’m not nearly as worried about Prater as I am about our run D.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Low/high/off-target snaps all year, by 3 different centers.... Definitely needs a hell of a lot more attention during practice....
I first noticed it after Hudson went out with the injury... But to see it still happening when he returned is cause for concern.
It was happening with Hudson before his injury as well

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, doom and gloomers this week weren't exactly predicting something far-fetched. Thankfully, those predictions were incorrect. Now recall that I didn't ;) insult you after the Carolina debacle, sir ;)

Just a jibe and I didn't predict a win against Carolina.