RB what is Keims plan?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
All that says is guys ranked higher are better run blockers. Doesn’t really state whether Hudson is a good run blocker. But yeah, it was the only thing I could find also.
My sleuthing has paid off!

Hudson's individual performance actually improved significantly, and his PFF run-blocking grade jumped from 59.5 to 72.7.

https://raiderramble.com/2021/01/31/raiders-2020-rewind-rodney-hudson/#:~:text=Hudson's individual performance actually improved,jumped from 59.5 to 72.7.

Per PFF, Hudson hasn’t skipped a beat all year long. He has a 73.6 overall grade on 949 snaps, having only been penalized once this year. Hudson’s grades for pass and run blocking sit at over 70.0 in 2020. Perhaps, Hudson’s dominance has not been appropriately honored because he plays for the Raiders.
https://raiderramble.com/2020/12/23/raiders-rodney-hudson-left-off-pro-bowl/

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm guessing that our RB depth chart (Conner, Edmonds, Ward and Benjamin) will not be the same when we start the season. So imo it doesn't make much sense complaining about it now. You'll have plenty of time to complain about it as we approach Week #1.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Some team will have to cut a decent RB at some point and SK will need to acquire them.
Relying on other team's cuts after the main portion of free agency and the draft is completely over is definitely talk reminiscent of the "same ol' Cardinals" era.

Amazing we're back to that point.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Relying on other team's cuts after the main portion of free agency and the draft is completely over is definitely talk reminiscent of the "same ol' Cardinals" era.

Amazing we're back to that point.

We are talking about acquiring our 3rd string RB. The draft always creates roster churn so it's not a seldom used strategy.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

AZ: 7th. in rushing - 2237 (4.7)

Pitt: 32nd. in rushing - 1351 (3.6)

I'll bet the AZ in 2021 outrushes Pitt with Najee Harris.
Again the counting the QB rushes. Shocking rothkisberger didn’t match kyler!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rushing is rushing.

The Seattle teams didn't subtract Russell Wilson's yardage when they were leading the league...if you had they wouldn't have lead the league!
Yep nobody ever discounts the ravens QB rushing stats when they say what a great rushing team they are?

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Rushing is rushing.

The Seattle teams didn't subtract Russell Wilson's yardage when they were leading the league...if you had they wouldn't have lead the league!
I can’t get over the fact you guys don’t understand the difference between being able to run the ball effectively from the rb position and from the QB position. Like when you need a crucial yard. Or when you’re trying to run out the clock or grind the clock down and the other team knows you want to run. It’s just not the same.

yes, technically in the record books they count the same. And in the game they each move the ball the same distance. But the context of how they are gained and a teams ability to do it at will is where they differ. If you can’t understand the difference it’s no use talking to y’all about it.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I can’t get over the fact you guys don’t understand the difference between being able to run the ball effectively from the rb position and from the QB position. Like when you need a crucial yard. Or when you’re trying to run out the clock or grind the clock down and the other team knows you want to run. It’s just not the same.

yes, technically in the record books they count the same. And in the game they each move the ball the same distance. But the context of how they are gained and a teams ability to do it at will is where they differ. If you can’t understand the difference it’s no use talking to y’all about it.

We all understand it, but it's part of having a QB who can also run the ball, they add to the rushing attack.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We all understand it, but it's part of having a QB who can also run the ball, they add to the rushing attack.
Hmm, that’s an interesting way of wording it. And I’d agree. They add to it. But they shouldn’t be counted on as a primary driver of it. Because it can’t be counted on in the same a good rb-based rushing (think Cleveland or Tennessee) attack can be.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
More then looking at the total yardage where Murray has a lot do in that, I would look at our inability to convert short third downs
Our line is a bit overrated, when the defense knew we had to run, they didn't give any chance to let us getting couple yards, most of the time drake was tackled for a loss

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Drake is not a tough inside runner tho. He would almost always try to break it outside and protect himself. Maybe because he didn't trust that the hole would be there... Who knows.