Spurs @ Suns Monday game thread 1-20-20

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I still want to know whose decision it was to bench Bridges tonight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns need a shot of basketball IQ.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kobe Bryant didn't handle being benched well early in his career, either. I guess he was also one of the most useless players of all time. Lakers learned their lesson fast, and Kobe Bryant brought them a number of championships as a result.

These guys have egos. A big part of success in any professional sport, NBA included, is managing egos. Knocking players down for good performance and gifting players playing time that hasn't been earned yields...Marquese Chriss, Dragan Bender and Josh Jackson...

you're right. they need to shoot him in the headand just get over it. i mean, they're totally making the same mistake the Lakers did with Kobe Bryant. It scarred him forever and he was washed out of the league in the second half of his second season.

seriously... juts kill Bridges at this point. 1Sun has shown him to be too mentally weak to ever play basketball at a high level ever again.

is he dead yet? what are they waiting for?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He wasn't broken for at least a year

This is your problem

You flew off the rails and look rediculous to any measure

Indeed he wasn't...because the Lakers quickly put Bryant back in the starting line-up and rectified their mistake.

The Suns instead continue to punish success and reward failure. That facilitates a losing culture, as we have seen for the last almost 10 years.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still want to know whose decision it was to bench Bridges tonight.

I don't know why you think Monty is a good coach if he's such a freaking bitch that he's letting our rookie GM dictate the lineup.

that would make Monty a grade A bitch.

might as well shoot him in the head too, right?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Indeed he wasn't...because the Lakers quickly put Bryant back in the starting line-up and rectified their mistake.

The Suns instead continue to punish success and reward failure. That facilitates a losing culture, as we have seen for the last almost 10 years.

comparing any situation involving Kobe Bryant to Mikal Bridges (who previous to this game hadn't scored more than 7 points in 5 of his last 9 games continues to be pure comedy.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The way the Suns are playing is embarrassing.

Maybe the Suns shouldn't get a day off for rest They trail by 20: 76-56.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He wasn't broken for at least a year

This is your problem

You flew off the rails and look rediculous to any measure

yes he was chris. Little known fact, Kobe Bryant killed himself after, but Satan possessed his body after and that's why he was able to come back and be such a son of bitch on and off the court after his benching and ensuing suicide.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You want to know who ordered the Code Red? You can’t handle the truth!!! [emoji12]

Good one. :)

Seriously, though, I want to know if Monty is part of the problem here, or if James Jones/Robert Sarver are continuing to call the shots.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hard to understand how Ayton shouldn't be getting layups against Aldridge instead of taking outside shots.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Good one. :)

Seriously, though, I want to know if Monty is part of the problem here, or if James Jones/Robert Sarver are continuing to call the shots.

Dude - stop it. Just stop. I’m pretty sure I’m safe is saying that 99%, if not 100% of all other NBA coaches would’ve started Oubre tonight. Just deal with it man and stop trying to find or create your own boogeyman!

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There goes Popovich and his perfectly timed time-out after we cut it to 15. It'll be back to 20.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Bokker getting no calls from the refs. They allow SA to bump and grind on D. Our guys just chest up on D and its a foul.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
End of 3rd quarter:

Spurs 96 - Suns 83

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads