Spurs @ Suns Monday game thread 1-20-20

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bad foul on Booker for 3. Simply not smart.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Halftime:

Spurs 66 - Suns 51

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And not coincidentally, Bridges having the worst game of his career on both sides of the ball.

This team is so horribly managed...

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BC, if you're out there, we could use some enlightenment from your extensive experience in management as to what naturally happens when personnel is punished for good performance and rewarded for bad performance...

As a corporate executive I can tell you that high performers don't get crushed for "at least a year" because of poor management. They eventually adjust to their new surroundings and continue

So either you believe that Bridges isn't a high performer or you are just spouting hyperbole

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone want to keep saying how improved Booker's defense is?...

It's Booker fault that guys are shooting better than they do in practice. Just bad luck. They are up on him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spurs defense seemed to frustrate the Suns causing them to lose concentration.

Also gave the Spurs confidence on offense.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
As a corporate executive I can tell you that high performers don't get crushed for "at least a year" because of poor management. They eventually adjust to their new surroundings and continue

So either you believe that Bridges isn't a high performer or you are just spouting hyperbole

I believe Bridges is a young, fragile personality whose confidence is easily shattered, as we are seeing tonight...

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe Bridges is a young, fragile personality whose confidence is easily shattered, as we are seeing tonight...

That isn't a high performer

So if someone was so emotionally fragile that they can't handle adversity for AT LEAST A YEAR

They won't perform in any high pressure situation

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Ayton needs to get more involved in this game and booker needs to stop committing dumb turnovers and fouls if they wanna get back in this

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That isn't a high performer

So if someone was so emotionally fragile that they can't handle adversity for AT LEAST A YEAR

They won't perform in any high pressure situation

seriously. if this incredibly sets back ANY player for a year, you might as well just cut them, shove them out the door and then dump a bag of crap on his head because he's the most worthless player of all time.

so, I guess that's what @1Sun is saying... that Bridges is one of the most useless players of all time... and somehow... deserves to start over our second bets player because he had the first really good game of his career? that is a pretty awesome take.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
lol... and most of you guys used to think I was negative! Folks... this is what doom and gloom negativity really looks like.

and it's kinda hilarious.

Say what you want, but the impact on Bridges is obvious. He isn't even defending well tonight, and that's something we could ALWAYS count on him to do...until now...

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem with Hyperbole is that it traps you in a box of silliness. You either have to get sillier or just admit you were silly

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Say what you want, but the impact on Bridges is obvious. He isn't even defending well tonight, and that's something we could ALWAYS count on him to do...until now...

you're right. they should take him out into the parking lot and shoot him in the head like a horse with a bum wheel.

it's hopeless with him from herein.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
seriously. if this incredibly sets back ANY player for a year, you might as well just cut them, shove them out the door and then dump a bag of crap on his head because he's the most worthless player of all time.

so, I guess that's what @1Sun is saying... that Bridges is one of the most useless players of all time... and somehow... deserves to start over our second bets player because he had the first really good game of his career? that is a pretty awesome take.

Kobe Bryant didn't handle being benched well early in his career, either. I guess he was also one of the most useless players of all time. Lakers learned their lesson fast, and Kobe Bryant brought them a number of championships as a result.

These guys have egos. A big part of success in any professional sport, NBA included, is managing egos. Knocking players down for good performance and gifting players playing time that hasn't been earned yields...Marquese Chriss, Dragan Bender and Josh Jackson...

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kobe Bryant didn't handle being benched well early in his career, either. I guess he was also one of the most useless players of all time. Lakers learned their lesson fast, and Kobe Bryant brought them a number of championships as a result.

These guys have egos. A big part of success in any professional sport, NBA included, is managing egos. Knocking players down for good performance and gifting players playing time that hasn't been earned yields...Marquese Chriss, Dragan Bender and Josh Jackson...

He wasn't broken for at least a year

This is your problem

You flew off the rails and look rediculous to any measure

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose