2019 Free Agency

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Now AZCentral is saying Cory Joseph is our primary point guard target.

:computer:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Now AZCentral is saying Cory Joseph is our primary point guard target.

:computer:
Good job changing the narrative. AZCentral is NOT saying that Cory Joseph is our primary point guard target. They said he is a potential target, but the writer is obviously referencing other reports, like Shams saying that he has interest from us. Read the article. It's not even written by the Suns beat writer.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Good job changing the narrative. AZCentral is NOT saying that Cory Joseph is our primary point guard target. They said he is a potential target, but the writer is obviously referencing other reports, like Shams saying that he has interest from us. Read the article. It's not even written by the Suns beat writer.

I don't see AZCentral referencing any other targets at this point (nor do I see any other sources referencing any other targets, either)...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't see AZCentral referencing any other targets at this point (nor do I see any other sources referencing any other targets, either)...
You mean other than the multiple articles written about Russell? Oh and the ones about Kelly Oubre and Patrick Beverley?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You mean other than the multiple articles written about Russell? Oh and the ones about Kelly Oubre and Patrick Beverley?

Today's reports include not a word about Russell or Beverley.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cory Joseph is a nice, hard-working, defensive-minded backup PG, with the emphasis on backup.

I can not believe that the Suns want to spend their entire capspace on him.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Today's reports include not a word about Russell or Beverley.
Who cares about today? You said you didn't see any other references to other players on AZCentral. Again, you're changing the narrative to fit your perceived hate.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cory Joseph once again just mentioned as the likely target at point guard, this time on Bickley and Marotta.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cory Joseph once again just mentioned as the likely target at point guard, this time on Bickley and Marotta.

i just don't get it if this is what we do. if you're going with a backup PG... to man the starting position, why not at least go for someone with upside, making Tyus Jones an offer for 13-14 million per forcing Minnesota to make a financial decision they probably don't want to make. At least there's upside there... although, he's a pretty mediocre at best shooter as well.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
I’m sure I’m off my rocker here a little bit, but this whole notion that the Suns internally are not interested in Russell that the front office or whoever is feeding the local media here just seems odd. I feel like they have to be. Not only because he fills a giant need here, but because it would go a long way in keeping their franchise player happy. There’s a part of me that feels like this is similar to the Kyler Murray/Cards saga where it was basically the worst kept secret ever that they were going to take him #1.

Again, this is the Suns we are talking about here so who really knows. I’m tired of the speculation at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
i just don't get it if this is what we do. if you're going with a backup PG... to man the starting position, why not at least go for someone with upside, making Tyus Jones an offer for 13-14 million per forcing Minnesota to make a financial decision they probably don't want to make. At least there's upside there... although, he's a pretty mediocre at best shooter as well.

Tyus Jones at least has close to an average PER, averages an additional assist per game and 0.3 less turnovers per game, and can shoot free throws, in addition to being younger and having some untapped potential.

Again, Cory Joseph brings absolutely nothing to the table that we don't already have in De'Anthony Melton.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Bledsoe was a back up. He was like Richaun Holmes, mired behind other starters. If it's a back up with some promise, I see that. I am agreeing with you, I just think we should target someone that scouts think needs a shot.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bledsoe was a back up. He was like Richaun Holmes, mired behind other starters. If it's a back up with some promise, I see that. I am agreeing with you, I just think we should target someone that scouts think needs a shot.

The problem is that Cory Joseph has zero promise. None. At. All.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo saying he is hearing Lakers top target after Kawai is DLO.

But he says they will offer less than the max.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Gambo saying he is hearing Lakers top target after Kawai is DLO.

But he says they will offer less than the max.

Sadly, Burns and Gambo (Burns in particular) just confirmed Cory Joseph as the most likely acquisition for the Suns as well.

:barf::barf::barf::barf:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sadly, Burns and Gambo (Burns in particular) just confirmed Cory Joseph as the most likely acquisition for the Suns as well.

:barf::barf::barf::barf:

He is also saying other teams want him - which to me is just as mind blowing. The guy sucks.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cory Joseph is not that guy tho. And Bledsoe was pretty damn young and flashing BIG for a good Clippers team. As for Holmes, he was what he was... a backup. A good backup, but a remained a back-up nonetheless. If this was a situation where we had a starting PG and desperately needed a backup, Joseph would be someone worth targeting, but only as a backup, with a salary commensurate with that position.

If this team gives him something like 14 per over 3 years, they're complete and utter morons.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cory Joseph is not that guy tho. And Bledsoe was pretty damn young and flashing BIG for a good Clippers team. As for Holmes, he was what he was... a backup. A good backup, but a remained a back-up nonetheless. If this was a situation where we had a starting PG and desperately needed a backup, Joseph would be someone worth targeting, but only as a backup, with a salary commensurate with that position.

If this team gives him something like 14 per over 3 years, they're complete and utter morons.

I think they've already shown they're complete and utter morons. This would just confirm it.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He is also saying other teams want him - which to me is just as mind blowing. The guy sucks.

Indeed. No team in its right mind should pay more than the veteran minimum for Joseph, and even then I believe there are undrafted rookie free agents who could perform as well if not better than Joseph, including one we have on our own Summer League roster.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they've already shown they're complete and utter morons. This would just confirm it.

I'm TRYING to give a little benefit of the doubt. The draft and the moves surrounding it were definitely "oy, meet the new boss, same as the old boss", but they did get Monty Williams who I think was a good hire. So, they're 1/2 this off-season. I'm hoping against hope they go 2/3 with FA that actually accomplishes something besides pissing off our best player and tying up cap money in an okay at best backup PG who they see as a starter.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson